User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: There's SH! T everywhere!! :@ :@ :@ :@

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Gosh I am so fuming I don't even know what to do. I feel like I'm going mental.

I actually screamed into a pillow today. And I may have locked myself in the bathroom at one point to eat a lot of chocolate.

Ok so rewind a bit... Here's why:

My daughter (3) was potty trained a while back. But only for peeing. She only pooped a few times in the potty and like once in the toilet. So we started buying Pull Ups for her because, to be crass about it, I was sick of cleaning smeared sh!t out of undies.

BUT... The Pull Ups just made her lazy, or something... And she reverted back to not even bothering with the toilet at all. Well yesterday I decided I'd do away with Pull Ups all together because they're more expensive than diapers and she is using them as just that.

Well. I cleaned TEN (yes, TEN!) poos out of undies yesterday. I mean I was so upset I just stated throwing out the undies and any pants or shirts that had poo on them as well. You don't even wanna see how much laundry I have.

Today was no better. She peed every time. And she even sat on the toilet to try and poo while I entertained her by making her Jessie doll (from Toy Story) tell her stories about being a cow girl. Lol. Anyway she said she couldn't go so after five or ten minutes we went back downstairs and not ten minutes later she had pooed again

OH and the icing on the cake... She snuck away and pooed on our BED!! But that's not enough... She took off her undies and it smeared on the floor and wall too... AHHH.

And now... Just after their bath she managed to poo again before I could put undies on her and there was poo on her curtain, the floor... Ugh I feel like everywhere I look there is poo.

I am at a loss. I feel like I'm doing something (or everything) wrong. I feel like all I smell all day long is poo!

She is SO smart... She has been doing 48 piece puzzles since she was 24 months old. She speaks words (not sentences) in Spanish and French. She counts in spanish and french. She counts to 30 in English. She knows how to sign words and the alphabet. She recognized izes letters (and has since she was a year old). She spells her name and is learning to write her name!! My kid is NOT dumb. So why, whyyy is she refusing to poo in the toilet

To sum up... I feel like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRx49...e_gdata_player
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, Huggies
    Last edited by Bronwen; Tue, Mar 26th, 2013 at 07:07 PM.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I can empathize with how frustrating this must be for you. Am I correct in understanding that she has 10+ bowel movements per day? Have you had a chance to speak to her pediatrician about this issue?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

my goodness hun so sorry..
    well thing is.. she can be the smartest little whip BUT if her tiny body can't comprehend that she needs to go.. accidents happen..
    she may not be ready.. my youngest was 4.. and i went through 6 MONTHS of what you did today.. it was nasty..
    make sure there is nothing wrong with her medically.. ie intestine/stomach issues.. then slowly try again.
    my best tip.. TRY not to get mad at her.. i know its hard after the day you've had. but she's 3. eventually she will catch on.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am so far removed from that now, but boy does it stir up bad memories. Potty training is tough work with some, and then another sibling in the same family...it's a cake walk. I want to mail you a whole supply of fresh new girl undies just to ease your frustration. Hang in there Mom, this too shall pass ( and I did not mean pass as in a bowel movement)
    What a video! I never saw that before??

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My aunt had the same problem. Her kid was smart, though he was developing at a slower pace. He understood everything and loves school, but he wasn't allowed to go to school until age five (usually, it's four) because of a speech impediment. He had to have special counseling for that, and if I recall correctly he still visits a counselor with his mother for it. He can't pronounce "th" or "s" correctly and can't construct phrases.

He did the same thing. He would take his diaper off at age four and wipe poopy on the walls and floor. He found it amusing and it frustrated the heck out of my aunt! But he grew out of it, and I'm sure that your daughter will, too
    Because of fake prints, stacking manus is no longer allowed
    But you can still stack Coupon Zone + 1x Manu, like other Maxi / Loblaw Stores
    Did You Like Our Service? Make Sure To Submit A Comment Sheet At Our Store!
    Comment Box is located beside the Coin Star Machine.
    Help Me/Us Earn an "A" For Customer Service!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Maybe you could get some disposable diaper liners for underwear so you could lift the solid stuff out of the underwear?

I kept a bucket to hold wet/soiled clothing while we were toilet training DS 1... he was a difficult case. I bought some plastic training pants for him from the US so he could wear them over his underwear, and he really didn't like it when they filled with pee! It helped to save the carpet, though. I had a basket of "presents" for poops in the toilet. I also started having him clean himself up (and the carpet, as necessary) after accidents, which he didn't enjoy.

What really got him finally and completely trained was peer pressure... he didn't like being embarrassed at daycare. At home, wetting himself was no big deal to him (after all, he had a baby brother in diapers!), but at daycare, he cried buckets the one and only time he had an accident. So embarrassing! He hasn't had an accident since.

As for pooping on your bed or smearing walls, she's way too old for that at 3 -- I'd count it as misbehaviour. That might merit a consequence, like having to clean it up, spending time in the corner (or in her room), or losing a favourite toy or privilege.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

sounds like she's feeling stressed out about something?

but haha, my husband says that quote all the time!
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Tue, Mar 26th, 2013 at 07:37 PM.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I want to mail you a whole supply of fresh new girl undies just to ease your frustration.
    I'm thinking that sounds like a great idea for a one-way package train . Wondering if a little girl (I have two boys so I have no idea!) can make an effort taking care not to soil special undies (eg. super colorful, cartoon characters, etc) ?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

My aunt had this problem with her youngest she was stubborn when it came to potty training and was super smart about it. My aunt would put her in undies and when she had to go she would go a get diaper and put it on herself to go to the bathroom. My aunt got so frustrated she hide the diaper so my cousin hide her underwear. My aunt was super frustrated and not sure what to do as she needed to be potty trained to start pre school.

There was not one special thing my aunt did it just all of a sudden seemed to click and even though she still had "accidents" those seem to stop once she started going to pre school, like others have said I think it was being embarrassed for having an accident and the fact her pre school would call my aunt and uncle and make one of them with extra clothes for her so even if she tried to hide what happened her classmates knew when one of per parents showed up.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I want to mail you a whole supply of fresh new girl undies just to ease your frustration.
    Your are so sweet and this made me break down in tears that someone would care so much. It's nice to have friends here who are genuinely concerned for each other

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    Wondering if a little girl can make an effort taking care not to soil special undies (eg. super colorful, cartoon characters, etc) ?
    Maybe I need to try this - I'm just at a total loss!
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    Maybe you could get some disposable diaper liners for underwear so you could lift the solid stuff out of the underwear?

As for pooping on your bed or smearing walls, she's way too old for that at 3 -- I'd count it as misbehaviour. That might merit a consequence, like having to clean it up, spending time in the corner (or in her room), or losing a favourite toy or privilege.
    I didn't know you could buy those Liners? Would walmart carry them?!

And she didn't actually purposely smear it... She had like sat in it and stepped on it and she tends to stick her hand back there (I guess to see if there's really poop??) and so that's why it was on the wall. But as for your comment about it being misbehavior... It is. 100%. I've tried giving her chocolate for pooping on the toilet and putting her in her room when she doesn't. We don't feel comfortable spanking. Maybe I just need to make her stay in her room longer? (max is usually 5 minutes). What do you think

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    I can empathize with how frustrating this must be for you. Am I correct in understanding that she has 10+ bowel movements per day? Have you had a chance to speak to her pediatrician about this issue?
    Yes. 10 yesterday. Less today. But I'm guessing it's because she is holding it in and letting it out in smaller bits at a time... If that makes sense. When she did it in her Pull Ups it was once or twice a day but much bigger.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh that sounds frustrating My oldest is 2 years old and I am dreading the whole potty training thing. So far we just have her sit on it when we are in there, she actually sort of peed in it once but we arent hard core training yet. Now I am scared lol.

what about a calender with big star stickers or some favorite cartoon character stickers? Although that might fall into the same thing as chocolate if she goes on the potty.
    free stuff with swagbucks! Give it a try : > http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/karottz

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Oh hon, I feel your pain!!! My boys were both AWFUL to potty train, and neither one of them completely "got it" until they were 4. I'm FINALLY done with it now (although not with night time training for my little guy).

My only advice is: don't get mad at her. I made this mistake and it becomes a control issue for them. Remember, it won't last forever even though it feels like it does right now!
    Patty Smyth, coyote00 and Bronwen like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just stop, take a break for a week or so. Let her wear diapers. I know they're expensive, but she sounds like she's smart enough to catch on and want to try again herself. She's only 3.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information