User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart Post office rant.

Trading Score
    245 (100%)

So I mailed a pile of envies last week at my usual post office on Wednesday morning. I was in yesterday afternoon to buy a book of stamps. I am standing at the counter and notice a pile of envies on the back counter. I look a little closer and see some that resemble my writing/address labels/stamps. I ask the lady if the return address on them is mine. She looks at them, then says she is not allowed to tell me. I am almost 100% sure they were mine that I mailed last week and they are still sitting on the counter. I am mailing everything in the postal boxes from now on, and never at the post office again.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Panthera; Tue, Apr 2nd, 2013 at 01:29 PM.
    Get a full pair of glasses for as little as $29! The only place I buy my glasses. Super easy returns too - http://www.clearly.ca/refer/valerie

I love making my own beauty products and saving money. Go to http://www.well.ca and enter promo code panthera and save $10 on your first order.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

wow thats crazy

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That should never happen

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

how can you be 100% they were actually your same envelopes? If she did not bring them closer to check for your return address, I'd say it is an assumption on your part. That being said, geez I hope they were NOT yours.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

IMO There is no way that a pile of envelopes you sent out last week would be sitting on the counter a week later. Any mail you drop off at the post office is sent out that day unless it's a holiday.

Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    how can you be 100% they were actually your same envelopes? If she did not bring them closer to check for your return address, I'd say it is an assumption on your part. That being said, geez I hope they were NOT yours.

They looked identical, I could not get close enough to read the addresses to be sure. But same small white return address labels, tape all over the outside edge of one of the larger envies with a pile of mixed stamps on the corner. I hope they are not mine, but I have a bad feeling they are. The fact that I asked her to check the return address and she turned around, looked at one THEN said she is not allowed to tell me is a pretty good indicator they are mine I think. I am just assuming they are mine, I have no proof they were.
    Insane, GoddessDigi and walkonby like this.
    Get a full pair of glasses for as little as $29! The only place I buy my glasses. Super easy returns too - http://www.clearly.ca/refer/valerie

I love making my own beauty products and saving money. Go to http://www.well.ca and enter promo code panthera and save $10 on your first order.

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

I had the exact same thing happen to me last week! I mailed a pile of envies from my train and a couple trades On Tuesday, On Thursday evening I went in to the SDM and there they were still sitting on the side of the counter with the couple stamps I had purchased for them sitting on top the pile. I asked and she did show me.... she apologized profusely and said she must of set them aside because they were busy and forgot. VERY not cool but everyone does make mistakes.

This is my usual SDM I mail at and I have never had this problem before (that I know of) But I will definitely be sticking around and watching them place them in the box from now on! I was particularly ticked off since it was Easter week end coming up and I know that will only add to the delay

I feel your pain
    Last edited by jemwars; Tue, Apr 2nd, 2013 at 12:50 PM.

Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    IMO There is no way that a pile of envelopes you sent out last week would be sitting on the counter a week later. Any mail you drop off at the post office is sent out that day unless it's a holiday.
    I worked in a 7-11 post office years ago and have seen this happen before. I went on vacation for a week, went back to work and the drop box was full of mail. No one emptied it for the entire week I was gone. Luckily we did not get any complaints. So I have a feeling that is what happened to me, although there did not seem to be anywhere close to a weeks worth of mail on the counter.

The boxes at the side of the Post Office counter where customers drop there own mail is the responsibility of the employee of that store to empty and bag/bin it for pick up, not Canada post.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ok so OP did you mail them from a SDM like the other member? They are not CP employees, they are SDM employees, so if they screw up and leave letters on the counter for days, change the title to read SDM rant.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I stopped mailing from SDM outlets because they always seem to take longer. I have a mini CP hub near my house that has a box with a 4pm pick up and it's much faster!

I once mailed a VWT home (10 envies) from the SDM outlet on Sunday. Then I mailed another VWT home (8 envies I think) from the box on Thursday and almost ALL of the box envies arrived to their destination before any of the SDM ones.

Not sure why it is, but now I just drop it off at the box by 4pm pickup.
    pippinelkhound and walkonby like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have heard alot of people mention mail being delayed going out of SDM locations. Our shoppers used to have a Post Outlet but no longer do.

I have always done all of my mailing from a CP Post office, either the one by my work or the one by my home. I know the girls in both locations and do not want to risk delays in sending out of SDM, even on weekends I will hold my letters until Monday.
    pippinelkhound and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Hopefully they are NOT yours and none of the coupons are time sensitive. I have the option of the little postal outlet in the small corner store or the outlet in the Shoppers store, no actual Canada post location nearby to go to. I do prefer the corner store over the shoppers so if I have to use the shoppers I make sure I attach the stamps and put them in the box.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I don't like the SDM post office either. I brought in a wedding invite and they said it was too tall so they would be 2 stamps. I went home and put 2 stamps on each then later had to go to metro so brought the invites to the CP outlet next store. The three employees saw them and asked why I put so much postage on , they only need one stamp. I was upset and they gave me the 1-800 number to complain and they sent me a cheque for all the extra stamps I wasted. They also told me they would put in a request for additional training at that location. I haven't mailed anything there since.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

when i buy stamps for an envelope i put the stamp on and put it in the box myself
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, is there a Canada Post mail box outside this Shoppers Drug Mart location? If so, can you place your letters in the box yourself, after having them weighed and stamped inside?
    walkonby likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information