User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By anisa

Thread: Brampton Superstore WON'T honour PRICE MATCHING over 2 day sales!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So my wife goes shopping this Saturday the 30th, getting in for some of the 2 day savings over the Easter Weekend.
    Here in Brampton all of the stores were on a 2 day sale covering Thursday March 28th and Saturday March 30th. They were all closed on Good Friday and Easter Sunday, as they would be.
    Needless to say on Saturday it was a madhouse at the Brampton Superstore, and my wife had many purchases probably $180 worth. Armed with all the flyers, she has grabbed many of the sale items offered by Superstore and was ready to PRICE MATCH for MANY of the other items. The price match items were approximately $100 of the $180 she was buying.
    When she got up to the cash out and started to claim PRICE MATCHES she was told by the cashier that "because it was only a 2 DAY SALE that they would not honour PRICE MATCHING!
    My wife was so mad she only bought the items that were on sale and made the cashier put back ALL of the other items.
    She didn't want to bother waiting for the manager as it was SO busy she would have been waiting for quite a while. I told her she should have waited in line and made the line stop. I'm sure the manager would have flew over to her checkout!

Has anyone else heard of such a thing where a store won't honour the PRICE MATCH that they do all the time and give such a lame excuse of it not applying to 2 day sales? What the Hell is the difference? Needless to say we won't shop there anymore with treatment like that.

Btw, my wife went to 2 other stores that day and THEY HONOURED THE PRICE MATCH NO PROBLEM!!!

What a crock!

Cheers & Happy Easter.
    Buskieboy
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    "Youth. The best time to be rich; the best time to be poor."
    ~Euripedes

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yes, this has happened before - in different stores, different cities.
    And you are right, vote with your feet, and don't shop at a store which you feel has done you wrong.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had heard of some people saying stores, not just Superstore would not honour 2 day sales. So before I did my shopping one day I went and asked the manager and was told my store does honour all two day sales as long as the product matched and it is during the 2 day period. I personally *knock on wood* have not had an issue with 2 days sales. I actually this weekend price matched Food Basic 1 day sale with no issue at Superstore and I actually expected an issue as we have two Superstore locally and was not sure both would Price Match Food Basics due to distance but they did not say anything.

I would suggest contacting head office. I did this regarding Price Matching produce and head office contacted the store manager and sent me back a response. I now keep a copy of this response on me when I go shopping there.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i actually have heard of stores not price matching special offers. i suppose a one day sale or two day sale might be viewed as the same.

i am not sure what the official policy is from loblaws on this type of situation.

to be honest i LOVE the brampton rcss. i do 99% of my household shopping there, and the CS people are so awesome at that store.

glad you and your wife had better luck with the rest of your day.

i would definitly contact loblaws to see what the official stand is on these types of sales
    SassyAshley and joleneyoung like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

I wasn't sure about price matching 2 day sales either so I didn't bother. Went to 2 NF stores on Saturday, walked in and walked right out! It was super madness in there so I didn't even bother. A couple weeks ago RCSS wouldn't take my Clorox FPC coupon and was trying to make me pay the tax. I asked for my coupon back and got it at Target for FREE on Saturday. Thanks for the info.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People often forget everytime you shop at a store or buy an item you ARE voting for it... this is a horror story. I definitely would avoid going there again just to make a point if it was financially possible.
    Leafs for the cup 2013!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Weird...never hear of this...To me a sale regardless of timeframe is a sale and provided that the customer is price matching the identical item, there should be no issues I would have apologized to everyone in the line and waited for the manager(maybe the outcome would have been different).I shop@ this store and normally problem free(had an issue with the bakery once but the manager resolved it by offering the identical cake FREE-which I chose for a different occasion.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I called the same RCSS in advance of the " no tax " sales event to confirm that they would honour PM & it was a GO...had no issues doing price matching & Couponning.

Thread Information