User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 2 Post By Mia001
  • 1 Post By Mskittyandbigboy
  • 4 Post By RebeccafromHalifax
  • 1 Post By carlyincanada
  • 1 Post By juliemadden

Thread: if i forget my optimum card, can i still get points?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

i checked the frequently asked questions thread, but couldn't find anything on this.
    my boyfriend went to shoppers and didn't have my card.
    i have the receipt, can i get the points he would have gotten added to my acct?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Teen Couponer
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When my Mom forgets her card, my shoppers drug mart won't even do it via phone number or e-mail. Lame!
    I don't think their checkout system allows it. - You could photocopy the back of it perhaps? (barcode)?

EDIT: mis-read your question. My apologies.
    Join instaGC.ca! Get PAID for doing simple offers, searching the web, completing surveys, and watching videos! I'll help you get started!
    Every gift card requested is instant (even PayPal)! No waiting. Oh, and of course it's free!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anawhatsme View Post
    i checked the frequently asked questions thread, but couldn't find anything on this.
    my boyfriend went to shoppers and didn't have my card.
    i have the receipt, can i get the points he would have gotten added to my acct?
    I haven't had to do it for a while, but I've done it before - if I went back within a week, they would be able to do the points. It had to be done at the same store where items were purchased.
    Don't know for sure if that is still the way it is, or if it varies by store, either.
    Koolaid likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shoppers has told me that they will only provide points if you go back with your card that very day. This has resulted in a lot of lost points for me, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Aimz; Mon, Apr 1st, 2013 at 12:28 PM.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It sounds like some stores will still add the points if you bring your receipt and card in after the fact.

However, from the FAQ of the Optimum Program on the Shopper's website:
    Q: If I don't have my card with me, can I still receive Points for my purchase?

A: In order to receive points for your purchase, you must present your personal Shoppers Optimum Card at the time of purchase.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there i had the exact same problem . I used to go back with the receipt with in a week and was told i had to call 1-800 shoppers number . i called the rep said it is a one time gesture and he added the points. He asked me lots of questions, so keep the receipt Handy .

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Could your beloved have asked for the recipt to be stamped to allow for points to be collected later? I know the Metro et Moi cards will allow points to be added, including bonus points, provided that teh store issuing the points orginally stamps the recipt to let that store or another store be able to add the points.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

at my Shoppers, i once noticed that the system didn't gave me the points even with my card scanned.....
    it was written...' if you had your card you had earned xxx points'..i call them and they told me that i have a week to go back, they scanned both my card and my bill and everything went fine.....i mean....i got all my points
    Last edited by Mia001; Tue, Apr 2nd, 2013 at 12:11 AM.
    Natalka and Silk like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Last redemption weekend I filled a cart with $100 of stuff...and cold not find my card. Tore my purse and car apart, no dice. Of course, it was a Sunday, head office is closed. The cashier/manger were totally unhelpful, just shrugged. Had no suggestion of how my number or points could be recovered. I called the Optimum MasterCard people, and they were able to give me the number, whew! I would have thought they could look it up in the store, but I guess not.
    I know our local store has stopped letting customers come back with their cards. People must have been collecting receipts from somewhere. Always gets spoiled for the honest ones!
    Silk likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I work for Shoppers and its suppose to be the same store and within the week. We do ask questions cause sometimes people pick receipts off the ground and ask us to add them. We do a few for good gesture and after that call head office.
    mrskoka, Natalka, Silk and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I have no problem at my store as they know me well lol...but I rarely forget my card. Maybe get a Shopper's card for your bf so he has one to use then you can transfer points later
    Mia001 likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    I have no problem at my store as they know me well lol...but I rarely forget my card. Maybe get a Shopper's card for your bf so he has one to use then you can transfer points later

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes you can, As long as you have your phone number linked to your PC optimum. You can also bring in your receipt or email it. I just called shoppers and PC optimum customer service. I don't think I'll be getting any points at shoppers n my Crest 3d whitestrips during the Feb 5th event. I got it on clearance for $5 exp March 2020

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Of course with Pc optimum you could link them even with different card numbers

Thread Information