Page 74 of 90 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1343
Like Tree4771Likes

Thread: Spring into Savings - April Frugal Chatter

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Good morning ladies!
    I'm home today sick...(mental health day).
    Took the kids to the show last night to see the Croods which was actually pretty good!
    I used free passes + free snack coupons from the old el paso promo so it cost nothing!
    Woohoo!
    Slowly making preparations for next week.
    Hit up walmart, bought 5 bags of whiskas cat food to use up those $3 coupons that expire May 1=$2.97 per bag plus tax. I also bought 15 wet trays of whiskas food B2G1. Big bag of dog food, 5 x zantac and a few clothing items for me. Ended up using $33.50 in coupons + MIR for resolve so was a good trip And now I don't have to buy cat food for a few months lol.
    I wanted to make sure we are stocked before our trip
    Another win, I called around rental places yesterday looking to compare our original quote of $980. Enterprise here in Brantford was willing to match a quote of $913 + unlimited kilometres! WOOHOO! Did you know you can price match rental cars, lol? I didnt.
    The difference will pay for a tank of gas so I'm thrilled to pieces

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal ottawa View Post
    Good day everyone! So else gets all nervous/ crazy excited for their grocery trips? It's only Wednesday and I am all ready to go. I am aiming for 50% coupon savings this week, I am very nervous because anything can go wrong and I really need this stock up week! <--- that's me right now! Lol I'm not going shopping until Friday night so I will spend the next few days like that! Lol!
    Good luck! Care to share your list/deals/coupons? I'm always interested in what others do lol.
    I haven't even looked at the flyers yet!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My biggest savings this week are the tooth paste/ tooth brushes at no frills, the sale is continued and my grandparents donate a lot to a homeless shelter here so I am trying to help. Other than those I am using 2x $5 off Danone coupons ($5wub3) $5 off Chapmans products (on Popsicles $1 no frills this week, getting 5) VH sauce is 2/4.88 at maxi, I will use $2 wub 2 and get 4 of those. Many other deals, it is a good week! I have to get a lot this week for a little because we need to do some house renos this month and will have less money for a few weeks.
    Last edited by Frugal ottawa; Wed, Apr 24th, 2013 at 10:10 AM.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post

Question of the Day

Now that the warmer weather is approaching (where or how do your cooking plans change)???

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!!

How do you keep your house cool during the warmer days and months (besides air conditioning) close curtains, don`t use oven,

We definitely use our BBQ almost every day in the summer. Try to have more salads, fruits and sandwiches. Our crockpot doesn't give off much heat, so we use that fairly often as well. Love the summer

For keeping the house cool, we have ceiling fans in almost every room in the house, that really helps. We're also in a spot that gets a nice cross breeze going, so we open the windows when we can. Our house is a back split, so our tv room is in the basement and it's always freezing down there in the summer. Dressing cooler helps too, taking a cool bath as well can cool you right down!

Looking for some tips from people who own pools. Any tips on how to save energy on those in the summer? They have to be run 8 hours a day and with time-of-use it was a huge hit last year.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

My biggest savings this week are the tooth paste/ tooth brushes at no frills, the sale is continued and my grandparents donate a lot to a homeless shelter here so I am trying to help.
    I love when people use these opportunities to donate to others! Awesome

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amandabananda View Post
    I love when people use these opportunities to donate to others! Awesome
    Its great because we try and donate to others anyways, but using coupons has made our money go further and donations are much bigger now!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I sometimes get excited for groceries especially when I have coupons, price match and especially when freebies are concerned BUT lately the groceries flyers have been crappy in my opinion.

Good day everyone! So else gets all nervous/ crazy excited for their grocery trips? It's only Wednesday and I am all ready to go. I am aiming for 50% coupon savings this week, I am very nervous because anything can go wrong and I really need this stock up week! <--- that's me right now! Lol I'm not going shopping until Friday night so I will spend the next few days like that! Lol!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    Good morning ladies!
    I'm home today sick...(mental health day).
    Took the kids to the show last night to see the Croods which was actually pretty good!
    I used free passes + free snack coupons from the old el paso promo so it cost nothing!
    Woohoo!
    Slowly making preparations for next week.
    Hit up walmart, bought 5 bags of whiskas cat food to use up those $3 coupons that expire May 1=$2.97 per bag plus tax. I also bought 15 wet trays of whiskas food B2G1. Big bag of dog food, 5 x zantac and a few clothing items for me. Ended up using $33.50 in coupons + MIR for resolve so was a good trip And now I don't have to buy cat food for a few months lol.
    I wanted to make sure we are stocked before our trip
    Another win, I called around rental places yesterday looking to compare our original quote of $980. Enterprise here in Brantford was willing to match a quote of $913 + unlimited kilometres! WOOHOO! Did you know you can price match rental cars, lol? I didnt.
    The difference will pay for a tank of gas so I'm thrilled to pieces
    Just in case you hadn't seen this post about Whiskas -

http://smartcanucks.ca/free-bag-of-w...skas-products/

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Went to WM yesterday before son's appointment was going to price match the Crest toothpaste but WM doesn't carry that size they only had 75ml, 120ml, 130ml or well.

I sometimes get excited for groceries especially when I have coupons, price match and especially when freebies are concerned BUT lately the groceries flyers have been crappy in my opinion.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good morning ladies!

Question of the day

What is the strangest or oddest thing that you price matched or ask for a better price and what store/business was it?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!! - FOLLOW-UP QUESTION

A follow-up to last weeks "what's on your kitchen counter" has anyone put anything away that they realized they didn't need out after listing all there items?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good morning ladies!

Question of the day

What is the strangest or oddest thing that you price matched or ask for a better price and what store/business was it?

When I need my propane refilled for the house, I call competitors and then call my supplier and ask for a better rate. It was on my to do list today because are almost out, they said they would call me back.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Inquiring Minds Want to Know!!! - FOLLOW-UP QUESTION

A follow-up to last weeks "what's on your kitchen counter" has anyone put anything away that they realized they didn't need out after listing all there items?

I put my toaster away as it's rarely used and trying to find a spot to put my toaster oven away as well (challenge for me for today).
    Crochetlady likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

The flyers are kind of a catch 22 for me lately, not alot I need/want in them which is good cause it keeps my shopping down (I have such issues passing up a good deal) but it also brings on a fear that we will start to run out of certain items or all of a sudden we are going we are going to have a few weeks in a row of heavy shopping.

Maybe it is just me but I like it when I can spread it out, ground beef this week, chicken another week, rice or pasta another week. It seems to work much better for my budget when I can spread it out.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

As requested by Caseythegoalie post above (lol) and I'd like to know as well......

Anyone care to share their shopping list with coupon usages, great bargains you plan on purchasing or stocking up on this week???

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I haven't looked too closely at the flyers for this week yet, I believe there's a SHopper's 20x the points event so I will check that one closely. We always need eggs and are almost out of french fries! But I get my produce delivered bi-weekly (I get a box of organic fruits & veggies) so I rarely buy anything in that category. I will check for meat on sale, and perhaps some rice, crackers (kid's addicted) and applesauce. I don't really think we need much else except maybe some cat food. I bought dog food at Costco which should last us two months (and it's grain free!) as well as kitty litter which will last a month or two as well. So this week and next should be low spending. In theory any ways Of coffee, need K-cups. And cream for said coffee

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

We also cook 95% of our meals on the BBQ once summer hits, and about 60% of our meals on the BBQ in the winter as well (We pull the BBQ close to our back patio door). We eat a lot of BBQ foods like burgers, sausages, hot dogs, grilled chicken breasts, grilled pork chops, grilled veggies, even pizza on the BBQ. Looking for more BBQ recipe ideas, keep in mind that my hubby is a very plain jane kinda guy.

Page 74 of 90 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast

Thread Information