Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1343
Like Tree4771Likes

Thread: Spring into Savings - April Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better soon.

I will be SO happy when this cold and flu season is over **knock on wood** I only got sick once but I know some people who were sick multiple times and some even sent to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    Hello Everyone! I am so out of the loop with everything.

Been sick (flu turned cold) since Saturday and been on survival mode since. Still trying to get caught up on all the pages of posting.

Gourmetsue- Saw that you are saving to go Paris. I LOVE it!! I have only been there for a week, but I had such a fun/great time. It was fantastic. I am a bit jealous, but DH assures me that when we go to Egypt (7 yr goal- DS will be 10, and DH really wants to go) that we can go by way of Paris.

Insane: Funny about the asparagus. I know how you feel. DH asked me the other day why I don't buy it anymore. I told him that I gave up him and DS enjoying it. He told me that he didn't hate it (code for "I can swallow it so it isn't the worst thing on the planet"), and that DS needs to learn to eat things he doesn't like, so I must buy it on my next grocery trip. IT IS ON MY LIST!

It is 3:00 and I really want a nap- DS has been better for two days now. aAnd puppy is on full teething/spring fever mode- I can barely keep up with them now! These are the days I wished I had learned to like coffee in University! LOL!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Hi LuvToUseCoupons
    Hi,
    I trying to keep up with you ladies but you ladies move soooo fast on this thread, every time I check in I'm pages and pages behind.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I am always fighting the clutter on the counter tops!
    Its on my to do list before we go away lol.
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

Time to stock up for me this week and the coming week, purchased some of the granola bars with free juice, great to have those for quick snacks for the children and I m running low in juice so Im taking advantage of these deal and freeze them.
    Will probably have less savings for the month of May, as we purchased the bunk bed and mattress, Im waiting for good deals for twin size bed sheet sets, using the old double size for now until I get a good deal.

I love to have a clutter free counter for food prep and dish washing, I have a small space just beside the sink to use for those purpose. One appliance that I put away is my small food processor. Used it before to puree baby's foods, but now that I have the hand blender that is what I used all the time for smoothies and baby foods.

There some good sales on SDM this week, need to get some points so I will probably go for the 20x points event.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SimplifiedMommyTips View Post
    Time to stock up for me this week and the coming week, purchased some of the granola bars with free juice, great to have those for quick snacks for the children and I m running low in juice so Im taking advantage of these deal and freeze them.
    Will probably have less savings for the month of May, as we purchased the bunk bed and mattress, Im waiting for good deals for twin size bed sheet sets, using the old double size for now until I get a good deal.

I love to have a clutter free counter for food prep and dish washing, I have a small space just beside the sink to use for those purpose. One appliance that I put away is my small food processor. Used it before to puree baby's foods, but now that I have the hand blender that is what I used all the time for smoothies and baby foods.

There some good sales on SDM this week, need to get some points so I will probably go for the 20x points event.
    Me too on the SDM. We need nothing but I could probably find something........
    I just forked over $70 + $50 for my Mom's donations for Jump Rope for Heart grrr. She will pay me back next week hopefully the cheque comes before we leave...thank goodness I can claim donations! Between this and my walk for autism speaks the co-worker who does the breast cancer walk I am well above $500 in a year (Try for $500 for AS every year alone)

I figure I am helping someone and also benefitting as well with the tax write off.
    Anyone know of any easy carrot cake cupcake recipes? I have a container of cream cheese whip so thinking of whipping up a batch to get a few donations for my walk tomorrow at DH's work. Its payday so I figure a good day to try

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

Our flyers don't come out til tomorrow so will have to wait til then.
    I will likely get some of the Energizer Max Batteries at GT, the Maple Leaf Top Dogs and check the Highliner Fish that GT has on for $2.
    Will only buy the Highliner if it is Fish Sticks.

Other than that, I am hoping our NF still has the Crest & Oral B sales this week as I was able to pickup a few more coupons for those today.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I havent been following the fliers as much locally. I look just before i go shopping when we get them to see if theres anything we've decided we need on sale and through my coupons when i know what i've decided what i'm going for. Theres not much choice as to where to shop here - the fliers do help me deicde which of the two stores to do my main shop for the week at.

I goofed last week and threw out a receipt for groceries when i could have uploaded it for the over 60 dollar spend to get $2 on checkout 51. Will have to do better at remembering to check that program first.

I made my $25 reward for swagbucks and cashed it out to paypal. My plan for it this month is to leave $8 of it in paypal for netflix in may and transfer the other 17 to my ING direct account. I signed up for ing direct to get the $25 bonus for depositing $100. There are no atms here to cheaply access the money but i can transfer it between my credit union and ING so it is eventually accessible but I'm using it as a "forced" savings for a vacation fund. My extended family wants to do a 20 person houseboat in 4 or 5 years in BC and i want myself my bf and the boys to be able to say YES we have the money to be able to book this when its brought up the year before.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hope you feel better soon, hugs!

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    Hello Everyone! I am so out of the loop with everything.

Been sick (flu turned cold) since Saturday and been on survival mode since. Still trying to get caught up on all the pages of posting.

Gourmetsue- Saw that you are saving to go Paris. I LOVE it!! I have only been there for a week, but I had such a fun/great time. It was fantastic. I am a bit jealous, but DH assures me that when we go to Egypt (7 yr goal- DS will be 10, and DH really wants to go) that we can go by way of Paris.

Insane: Funny about the asparagus. I know how you feel. DH asked me the other day why I don't buy it anymore. I told him that I gave up him and DS enjoying it. He told me that he didn't hate it (code for "I can swallow it so it isn't the worst thing on the planet"), and that DS needs to learn to eat things he doesn't like, so I must buy it on my next grocery trip. IT IS ON MY LIST!

It is 3:00 and I really want a nap- DS has been better for two days now. aAnd puppy is on full teething/spring fever mode- I can barely keep up with them now! These are the days I wished I had learned to like coffee in University! LOL!
    matty's mom likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Crest and Oral B are still on sale this week

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher1962 View Post
    Our flyers don't come out til tomorrow so will have to wait til then.
    I will likely get some of the Energizer Max Batteries at GT, the Maple Leaf Top Dogs and check the Highliner Fish that GT has on for $2.
    Will only buy the Highliner if it is Fish Sticks.

Other than that, I am hoping our NF still has the Crest & Oral B sales this week as I was able to pickup a few more coupons for those today.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am getting a bunch of toothbrushes/ toothpaste again this week! I already have 10 of each put aside for donations from this week and I found more coupons today so I can get a few more this week! I will also be getting some Barilla pasta for $.38 each, a few for us but mostly for donations also! It will feel amazing to fill that donation box!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal ottawa View Post
    I am getting a bunch of toothbrushes/ toothpaste again this week! I already have 10 of each put aside for donations from this week and I found more coupons today so I can get a few more this week! I will also be getting some Barilla pasta for $.38 each, a few for us but mostly for donations also! It will feel amazing to fill that donation box!
    where are the coupons from?

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got them at independent, but I saw them at rcss also!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

My son has been asking for hockey nets for a long time now but I just hadn't been able to find any that weren't budget breaking. At Walmart today they had a set on clearance for $10! He's going to be one happy boy!

I'm struggling with meal prep and working. It's so draining when you work all day too. It's so tempting to resort to frozen convinience food (like frozen pizzas) or take out. But I'm trying hard to stay the frugal and healthier path!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Great Find.

I am feeling the same on the meal prep, my mom has been out most nights this week which is nice cause I get the house to myself and I can get more done but dinner is always my downfall. By the time I get home I want something fast quick and easy. Normally I prep ahead on the weekends but now that we are prepping food for mom for the week we do not have room in our fridge for lunches and dinners so dinners have become creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    My son has been asking for hockey nets for a long time now but I just hadn't been able to find any that weren't budget breaking. At Walmart today they had a set on clearance for $10! He's going to be one happy boy!

I'm struggling with meal prep and working. It's so draining when you work all day too. It's so tempting to resort to frozen convinience food (like frozen pizzas) or take out. But I'm trying hard to stay the frugal and healthier path!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Does anyone buy Ground Chicken? Found a few recipes I want to try using ground chicken but I have no idea what a good price would be. I saw it in I think Loblaw's flyer for $3.00/lb this week is this a good price?

Page 76 of 90 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 ... LastLast

Thread Information