User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Car Accident rant :( - insurance companies urgh!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    2jk19 one question... did you call your insurance? what are they doing about it? i work in damage recovery for a car rental company and as far as i know your insurance should be paying for lost wages, physio, anything that affected you and your family has to get paid...yes it will take time for you to see the $$$ but you should get it. Contact a personal injury lawyer, they should help you for free or until you get your $$$ back from ins... and one advice (my husband had a severe car accident 8yrs ago, so i learned a lot) write everything in a journal.. from the day of the accident on... and when i say everything i mean EVERYTHING (related to accident of course) keep gas receipts, physio receipts, etc etc etc... sorry to hear about your accident
    Yes, I did call insurance company and file a claim. I went to the doctors right after to document everything and physio started the next day with an assessment, etc. Unfortunately, they will only cover wage losses after 8 consecutive days and at that point they pay up to 70% of your daily wage. Even though I am still in pain, I am not the type to sit around so I went back to work after 3 days off. Thank you - I am keeping a journal after people have advised me to. I have contacted a personal injury lawyer and they are taking on my case. I'm sorry you and your husband had to deal with this previously as well. Thanks for passing along your knowledge, I appreciate it.
    i_love_to_save likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Not to mention that since you filed a claim, you'll most likely see your rates go up, even though it wasn't your fault!

I'm sorry this happened to you OP. Insurance seems like the absolute worst to deal with.
    No, it was not my fault, so my rates will not go up - his will though.
    i_love_to_save likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

[QUOTE=canadianhockeymom;5359939]

I did indeed report it to the police right away, with the driver. My fiance is actually a police officer so he was helpful in telling me what to do, etc. My doctor has also documented everything as well as the physiotherapist which I saw the next day. I appreciate you putting in so much effort to respond to me and reach out - I am so sorry you have had to deal with the effects of your accident for so long. It scares me to think that the results of mine could be the same. I am young and just starting my life with my fiance and on top of my current medical issue, oh my! The driver cannot lie about what happened because thankfully they have him recorded on police dispatch saying that he rear ended me as well as a witness who came forth and saw everything.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your best wishes. I hope the best for you as well!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=2jk19;5359963]
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianhockeymom View Post

I did indeed report it to the police right away, with the driver. My fiance is actually a police officer so he was helpful in telling me what to do, etc. My doctor has also documented everything as well as the physiotherapist which I saw the next day. I appreciate you putting in so much effort to respond to me and reach out - I am so sorry you have had to deal with the effects of your accident for so long. It scares me to think that the results of mine could be the same. I am young and just starting my life with my fiance and on top of my current medical issue, oh my! The driver cannot lie about what happened because thankfully they have him recorded on police dispatch saying that he rear ended me as well as a witness who came forth and saw everything.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your best wishes. I hope the best for you as well!!
    Wonderful, great to hear that. My situation was different, so I didn't mean to scare you. I saw i was going to be hit, ( i saw the car in my rear view mirror wasn't slowing down) and had nowhere to go as it is a very busy intersection with 3 lanes. It was during rush hour, cars were on both sides of me, my light was red so i couldn't go through. I braced myself, closed my eyes and waited for the crash.

I apologize for scaring you, I assume my injuries were as bad as they were because I braced myself, so I'm glad you didn't see it coming. Best wishes for a full healthy recovery!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear you were in an accident, I hope you get better soon. I see you've consulted the lawyer already, but I was going to tell you that since you live in Ontario (at least that's what your profile says), you cannot sue for the physical damage to your car, you can only sue for your injuries if they reach a certain severity. That said, taking that route might be more work and headache for you so think your options through carefully.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Rant away! Sorry to hear about your accident, that sucks. Hope that you're feeling a little better soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information