User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dale88jr
  • 1 Post By RebeccaRYoung

Thread: Tim Hortons Coffe Maker / made by Bunnomatic

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wouldnt recommend buying a Tim Horton s Coffee Maker - overpriced and leak all over countertop which ruins marble counter or any surface, machine is all corroded underneath.
    Called Tim Hortons who referred me to Bunomatic who said they wont do anything to fix it - great customer service.
    Buyer Beware!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Tim Hortons
    Last edited by Dale88jr; Mon, Nov 26th, 2012 at 02:25 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

That's surprising because I know lot's of people that own them and have no problem whatsoever. Perhaps you just got a bad one, which sucks for you. I'm surprised that there's nothing that they'll do for you.
    bmpsmommy likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I'm surprised. We owned a Tim Horton's coffee maker made by Bunn for years before we bought our Tassimo. There were times that 3 pots of coffee were made per day, and we never had any problem with it.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I love my tim hortons coffee machine. I never had a problem with it and in my home we make coffee 4x daily.
    I know someone who had the same machine and after a yr it started leaking they called the manufactor and ended up getting a brand new machine.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hello_kitty View Post
    I love my tim hortons coffee machine. I never had a problem with it and in my home we make coffee 4x daily.
    I know someone who had the same machine and after a yr it started leaking they called the manufactor and ended up getting a brand new machine.
    Hapened to us .. I was actually looking online on how to fix it when I came across a thread about the replacement offer. Called the 800 # and if menory serves me I think they picked up the shipping charges. Lasted another 2 or so yrs. till the warming plate gave out .. we make 3 pots on a slow day ... lol ...... ours was a Bunn unit tho .. not from Timmies
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
    I have nothing to do today and hope to be half done by noon.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We love our Timmies machine. The only time i find it has leaked was due to overfilling on my part. I suggest you call the corporate office of Tim Hortons. How long have you had your unit?

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

Whoa crazy! My parent's have had theirs for six years now making 4-6 pots a day and they haven't had any problems!

That sucks about yours though.. wish there was something they'd do about it!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You must have a lemon. DH had one for several years and it worked great. He gave it to his friend in the US and she still has it 3 years later

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They made a batch of them with the wrong type or defective sealer .. that allowed water to drain from the fill tank. Should ask if water and electricity mix ?
    The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
    I have nothing to do today and hope to be half done by noon.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, I have the same issue! I just finished talking with customer service and I received the same response. I am very disappointed considering the expense of this machine and the issues that I have had with it. Hope you have better results!
    Have a great day!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not sure how old your machine was when it started to leak but my machine is about 3 years old and just started to leak. We are pretty heavy coffe drinkers here and get lot of company. We ALWAYS use Tim Horton coffe in it and it is the best machine we have ever purchased. So, after 3 years of at least 5 pots a day, if not more, we're bound to have some kind of problem with it. I'm pretty handy and I ended up fixing it myself. If you are handy you could probably do it too.

There is a silicon seal on the top of the unit that has three holes in it. they are for the filling, dispensing and heater. I noticed that there was a calcium buildup on it and removed it from the tank. The small area that fits into the holes in the tank has burnt, worn, dried, or something on some of the areas. I used a high temperature silicon and made a seal between the tank and the silicon gasket. It is now back and working like new. I also had a chance to clean up all of the calcium buildup inside the machine from all the years of operation.

This machine doesn't owe me a thing.
    Last edited by MrMag; Tue, Apr 9th, 2013 at 03:54 AM.

Thread Information