• 2 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By freefreefree

Thread: ING Direct Canada – 2.5 % interest until June 30, 2013

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

From their website – www.ingdirect.ca:

“It's time to save with 2.50% interest!
    For 16 years, our Clients have been earning great interest on their savings with us. Our Investment Savings Account (ISA) offers one of the best rates in the country. Now with our 2.50% Savings Sale, our great rates are going to be legendary. There really is no down side to saving with an ISA, a Tax-Free Investment Savings Account (TFSA) or an RSP Investment Savings Account (RSP ISA) - unless you're not into earning great interest.
    Hurry and get in on the Savings Sale Today!

From now until June 30, 2013, get 2.50% interest on any new deposits you make in an ISA!

So dig up your savings. Search under your mattress. Do whatever you must to get your savings growing in an ING DIRECT Account. This Savings Sale is on for a limited time, so the sooner you start, the sooner you can reap the 2.50% rewards.
    Interest you earn on qualifying Savings Sale deposits will appear on your next statement as “Savings Sale Bonus Rate Interest”.

And remember, even though our Savings Sale is only on for a limited time, the money in your Account will keep on growing - earning one of the best interest rates in the country!”
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I saw this recently. I wonder what it will drop down to after June.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sjw80 View Post
    I saw this recently. I wonder what it will drop down to after June.
    ING and PC usually do their promo rate for a few months. The last one was around RRSP time, trying to get more people into RRSPs and TFSAs.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please feel free to use my Orange Key below if you are planning on opening an ING account to take advantage of the 2.5% promo
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Tangerine Orange Key - 34427019S1

Become a new Tangerine client and open a Tangerine Savings, Chequing, TFSA, GIC or RSP account with an initial deposit of $250 or more and use Orange Key - 34427019S1 to earn yourself a free $100 deposit bonus. http://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by y2ktrent View Post
    Please feel free to use my Orange Key below if you are planning on opening an ING account to take advantage of the 2.5% promo
    Oops. Your orange key is the invisible one.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am pm-ing you!
    Shwa Girl likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Everyone,

2.50% interest on all deposits until June 30th. Can't beat that!

If you don't have an account yet. Set one up now! *******************. It works! You'll also get $25 for opening a new account. Got both my parents to sign up and it took 5 days to get the deposit in and the bonus!
    There's a place to enter it on the online application.

Just make sure you write yourself a cheque for $100.

Thanks to all of those that have used this code. This referral program is excellent! ING is where I keep all my money.

http://www.ingdirect.ca/en/signmeup/index.html

Quick and easy.

Have a great day.

Allan
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Yes, it's a good deal - free money!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did anyone actually think about how much money they would make at 2.5% interest until June 30th? on $1000, that would be $25.00 divided by 12 multiplied by 1.5 months.... so you are talking about a little bit over $2 on a thousand dollar deposit. And after June 30th, the interest rate drops. Now I don't know about you, but I don't think I would be rushing around and emptying piggybanks and digging up cans of money for $2.00. The rate of inflation right now is around 2.9%... so with 2.5% growth, you are actually losing money. Please remember that just because it is called a tax free "savings" account, does not mean you can only invest in a "savings" account. You can hold stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETF's, etc in a TFSA account. Earning 2.5% in a savings account for your RRSP is also not going to get you too far either because, once again you are not even keeping pace with inflation. RRSP's are for long term growth, not short term savings. If you really want to have an account at ING, that's your choice. Just don't be drawn in by their ads promising huge savings..... Stop and figure out exactly how much you would be making. And find out what their great rate is AFTER their big "sale".

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Carlotta, yes if the rate does drop after June then not much earned, but the promo may change/and or continue for another few months, only ING decides what the next promo is. We did very well, just timing was all, DD opened her first ING acct, DH too, so we ( as a family) made $100.00 total with them using my orange key, so not too shabby I say.
    Shwa Girl and ING_rep like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I agree with walkonby. If ING wants to keep your business, we can look forward to another promo offer in the summer or the fall. If they end up doing this a few times per year, you end up making more than in a big 5 bank's savings account.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yeah I signed up for this
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freefreefree View Post
    yeah I signed up for this
    My friend in The States told me that ING and other banks are offering 2% CDs (GICs) if you lock in for a couple of years. We are really lucky to be able to get this rate for a shorter time.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Robknw31 View Post
    [p]Wild black and brown bags will be your best! This off with both color and color levels, and in some replica lv handbags cases, but also refreshing . Sexy and lv handbags sale versatile . Today, louis vuitton handbags uk I was Carmine . Sense of woven strap brown bag large capacity design is most louis vuitton bags uk suitable for hiking or shopping, all favorite things can take the next do not have to worry about a sense of perspective Polka Dot shirt is very popular this season, highlight your intellectual and laid-back, touch the feminine always so attractive . Men's bag what brand? The man bag brands list what? If you do not know the top ten brands of men's bags chart below for finishing the men's bags of the world's top ten brands list, allowing you to learn louis vuitton sale uk about the world Men's bags to help.[/p]

Thread Information