User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By PinkLincoln
  • 5 Post By CrazyQT
  • 1 Post By PinkLincoln

Thread: To those who redeemed.. check your receipts!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

This is another reminder to always check your receipt when shopping at Shoppers Drug Mart. (Sorry if this belongs in rants, but it's also informative)

I had planned on doing 2 $100 redemptions at two different stores. I went to the first store, redeemed what I thought was $100, when I went to the next store after filling my shopping cart with groceries to discover I had no points left! I pulled out my bill from the last SDM to discover the cashier took off 95,000 points instead of 50,000 points. I nearly died when the cashier told me I didn't have any points. I have had previous issues at this store and don't plan on going back, ever. I drove pretty far for a specific Korres product and I found out my store can order in whatever I want, so I'm going to go that route and see how it goes for promos.

When I checked out at the previous store, I had specified I would like to redeem for $100- he said he put it through. I guess he hit the wrong button and made a $100 error! The second store told me to call on Monday to have it corrected.

I called today, it was corrected and I got the points back, but customer service told me if it does ever happen again, to call immediately and they can have the points put on within 1-3 hours so I could have still used them that weekend for the promotion.

Also- Has anyone had their shoppers order products in they don't normally stock? How do you find out what unstocked items are available for ordering? I would have a pretty long inquiry list.. lol
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Guess
    carlyincanada and PammieD like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That sounds horribly traumatic 0_0 I kinda get Shopper's Points (not too often... I think I have maybe 800 in two years (I find Shopper's expensive)). I can't imagine suddenly losing 100$ worth of points!

So glad you got those points back!
    Because of fake prints, stacking manus is no longer allowed
    But you can still stack Coupon Zone + 1x Manu, like other Maxi / Loblaw Stores
    Did You Like Our Service? Make Sure To Submit A Comment Sheet At Our Store!
    Comment Box is located beside the Coin Star Machine.
    Help Me/Us Earn an "A" For Customer Service!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

If you have a UPC for the product then 90% of the time Shoppers can order it in for you. The problem is that sometimes with special orders you need to leave a deposit to make sure you come back and pick it up because if you don't then that store is stuck with the product they don't normally sell. Also, sometimes products only come in cases of 4-6 or 8 so the likelihood of ordering just 1 is pretty slim. On the other hand it's possible that a store can do a transfer from another store as long as the other store agrees which isn't always the case since it would be a lost sale for the transferring store.

Also, just an FYI ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS look at the screen when redeeming points and make sure the cashier has highlited the correct redemption amount. The system always defaults to the highest redemption level possible so even if you only want to redeem 8000 points for $10 but you have 95 000 points the system will default to the 95 000 level and if the cashier is not paying attention you've just redeemed $85 more dollars than you anticipated. It's almost impossible to reverse at store level if you have paid with credit or debit. The transaction can be voided if you paid cash but that means having to scan all of your purchases over again. So in short, it doesn't do any good to check your receipt after the fact. You have to catch it before the cashier finishes the sale.
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Tue, Apr 9th, 2013 at 09:42 AM.
    uanoor, Natalka, Insane and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I had checked out at the beauty boutique, where the computer is behind a desk with a deep ledge so you cannot see anything. Most newer beauty boutiques I found are set up like this, so you cannot see their screen. Every other time I -always- check the screens to check for pricing, but at the new beauty boutiques you can't see anything. Thinking of it now hiding the register like this is rather dishonest, almost anywhere you shop, you can see the screen while the items are scanned so you can clearly see the pricing and make sure things weren't double scanned and what not. Some things they don't carry out here are kind of silly, like athletic tape for injuries. I went to 3 stores with no luck, but my mother found it easily at an SDM in another city.

Thank you for the ordering info CrazyQT.

@Yusshin I normally do the 20x the points when you spend $50. I get 2-3 bags of milk, butter, eggs, bacon, misc. sale items, sometimes I find good clearance deals. My husband stopped drinking pop so it's harder for me to make the $50 minimum now as I used to always grab them for 3/9.99 during 20x the points. They can add up quickly, not everything is over-priced.
    Last edited by PinkLincoln; Tue, Apr 9th, 2013 at 02:50 PM.
    carlyincanada likes this.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Wow, so glad you got your points back! Their system should give a warning if that happens....like where do the points go? Hmmmmm

Thread Information