User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Almost out of Debt with nickles and dimes

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

congrats! I hope I can copy your brag next year
    MillieH likes this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Wow thats awesome. You telling us all that has given my hope for my financial future!
    carlyincanada and MillieH like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Your story has really inspired me. I have felt like I have been trapped my debt and lack of money. I read this last night and I decided that it was time to make a change. I went out to my cars and got out the change containers and rolled all the dimes and nickels, I have $40.00! I am going to take it to the bank tomorrow and put it straight onto my credit card and start paying it down my debt nickels and dimes at a time!!! Your story gives me hope!!! Thank you!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Way to go Lori-your family is amazing!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Such an encouraging post. I think I am going to try your strategy of nickel and diming my debt down.
    carlyincanada, ticul and MillieH like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

While some of the credit goes to the wonderful people here who share their insights.. YOU are the one who took the information and used it to its fullest potential. YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE!!!
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

2 tired 2 b creative here CanadianCouponCollector's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

... My debt has gone to collection due to hard times, BUT I was responsible and called them with new address info and worked out a plan for automatic withdrawals monthly until I get my OSAP in September. The company was good enough to agree to revisit the debt then at which point we can work out a deal on the remaining amount owing- one that I can pay off in one lump sum. I will still have an old hydro bill that my ex racked up after our split, but I am not be allowing them to make automatic withdrawls. Thankfully they also have agreed to wait until September. I would rather pay to an account and nickel and dime extra payments as you have on top of the monthly payment. Thanks for the idea and inspiration!
    carlyincanada and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

WTG! Amazing story! It feels great not to owe the banks and credit card companies anything lol. We are debt free except for $400 a month to his ex-wife which has a couple more years to go.
    coupon girl likes this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Nice! We are 4 1/2 years until we pay off our mortgage. I am very excited. Of course, then, my kids go to university or college so the extra will just roll over into that but we will officially be debt free!! Love the nickel and dime idea. I might do that with the kids - one gets dimes and one gets nickels, etc if they roll them and then I will bank the money for them.
    Right now, I need to work on an emergency fund. I swear it just poofed somehow last year.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow, what a fantastic story! You must feel so proud for yourself and your family!
    At the moment, things are tough in my family, my husband has diabetes and his health problems have it's up and downs, mostly downs.... We have a 10 month old and I started couponing about a year ago, to try to help our family. Every day there is a phone call from another company, asking about payments. After reading your entry, its really given me the inspiration to re-think what were doing, and to try some of your techniques. I really hope that we can be posting a similar entry to yours in a couple of years!
    Many Thanks, and Happy Saving!!!
    I joined Swagbucks and I earn money!!! I just fill in a survey when I have my morning coffee, and I recently received a $20 cheque in the mail You can join too!!!

www.swagbucks.com/refer/sparkystarky

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information