User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Stacking at Maxi = 50 Cans of Free Coffee Brag with PIC

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
    The Walmart I worked at didn't allow stacking because of what's written on the back of coupons. Even I was surprised when our store [temporarily] allowed them to be stacked together. It was so out of the ordinary; I thought you could only do that in the States, like on that TV Show

I've explained to people that I think stacking in itself is illegal because of what's written in the fine print on coupons, but I don't think the clients are dishonest for taking advantage of a store policy.

I still don't understand the mechanics of it. Don't you have to send in a receipt with coupons for reimbursement? Won't the companies then see that more than one was obviously used per item? I'm just mini-store level so I don't really understand the complicated parts :-(
    I think the store just has to prove they had sold enough to cover the amount of coupons submitted but I am not sure 100%. I live in the west and I didn't stack because it was against my principles , I spoke to a Vanhoutte rep at Save On one day and he couldn't believe how fast the coffee was flying off the shelves not realizing that people were stacking and not paying for the coffee, it didn't take them long to figure out though! Now we have all the restrictive wording and I am good with that. I totally understand we all ove a freebie but things like this never last because it is always taken to the exreme which I am sure your company didn't forsee. I admire your generosity in sharing the bargains and it is wonderful you can use the store coupons with manufactures, they don't let us do that at the Loblws banner stores where I am.
    strew and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Nice job!!
    Join Swagbucks - I've earned $150.00 so far!!
    "If you can dream it - you can do it"

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

Just an update, I was there right after couponmummy. Yusshin did part of my order and had to go on break. Yusshin was very kind and friendly and I wish she would finish my order. The cashier who replaced Yusshin looked at me as if I was a criminal because I tried to use 2 mf bread coupons on one product. She and another cashier rolled their eyes and called the supervisor who also was rolling his eyes insisting that the policy is on the coupon (one per purchase) and one can only use 1X mf in a conjunction with 1 Xcz. Those of you who stacked there were really lucky. To me, the whole idea of stacking different mf coupons sounded too good to be true. Other cashiers who were there were unaware of such practices as using the coupons that looked differently and neither was the supervisor.
    Last edited by innaor; Sat, Apr 13th, 2013 at 11:32 PM.
    walkonby and thriftygranny like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
    I don't mind It sucks some people were dishonest, but I was prepared for that. At least more people got to take advantage of it, as short as it was! Not many people stacked prior to posting here, but after posting lots of people came, so that made me happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Yeah , they came , they stacked, they ripped you off and now ruined it for everyone. Quelle surprise.

I knew as soon as you posted on here it would happen.
    We all did which was why we were asking questions when Yusshin first started posting about stacking in her store.

We've all seen how a small minority of idiots abuse the situation and create unreasonable expectations and then b!tch when stores decide to adhere to company policy.

It's a shame that Yusshin thought she was trying to help the average shopper with her advice and her advice has appearently been abused..And I hope her management won't be looking at her as a scapegoat.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Sun, Apr 14th, 2013 at 12:26 AM.
    super_e, walkonby, innaor and 3 others like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

congrats OP!

I still don't understand how some loblaw's stores allow 1 MFG coupon and 1 Coupon Zone coupon when all the coupon zone coupons state not to be combined with any other COUPON!!
    walkonby and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I don't know if it is just me but the below statement makes it seem that stacking was only allowed when Yusshin was working and that management didn't even know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by innaor View Post
    Just an update, I was there right after couponmummy. Yusshin did part of my order and had to go on break. Yusshin was very kind and friendly and I wish she would finish my order. The cashier who replaced Yusshin looked at me as if I was a criminal because I tried to use 2 mf bread coupons on one product. She and another cashier rolled their eyes and called the supervisor who also was rolling his eyes insisting that the policy is on the coupon (one per purchase) and one can only use 1X mf in a conjunction with 1 Xcz. Those of you who stacked there were really lucky. To me, the whole idea of stacking different mf coupons sounded too good to be true. Other cashiers who were there were unaware of such practices as using the coupons that looked differently and neither was the supervisor.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

The supervisors knew about it. When I was there, a supervisor oversaw the transaction and okayed a bunch of coupons that yusshin wasn't sure about.

Thanks yusshin for sharing this with us and giving some of us the opportunity to stack at least one time! Just because its over, doesn't mean we'll stop shopping there. The staff are really friendly and the deals at maxi are always great!

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    I don't know if it is just me but the below statement makes it seem that stacking was only allowed when Yusshin was working and that management didn't even know about it.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! That is a MEGA deal! Love coffee and Van Houtte is one of my favorites. Thank you for posting.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

This was my impression too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    Peachykeen2007 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

Do you remember the name of the supervisor or how he looked like? I'm wondering if this is the same person.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericaraina View Post
    The supervisors knew about it. When I was there, a supervisor oversaw the transaction and okayed a bunch of coupons that yusshin wasn't sure about.

Thanks yusshin for sharing this with us and giving some of us the opportunity to stack at least one time! Just because its over, doesn't mean we'll stop shopping there. The staff are really friendly and the deals at maxi are always great!

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Do you remember the name of the supervisor or how he looked like? I'm wondering if this is the same person.
    It was a woman, she was the "gerante des caisses". She was really nice too! Everyone there was.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ericaraina View Post

That's what's irking. The same thing happened before with another cashier who didn't know about using last week's flyer. It was really embarrassing for her when she denied a customer, kept denying, and then a supervisor came over to tell her it was OK. Then, the next day, another supervisor told her it wasn't!

In the end, the manager said it actually is OK. It's just all over the place since they actually don't formally tell people when policies change. You kinda learn as you go.

The same with coupons. All of my supervisors have seen me stacking mdrew's orders - the 400 coupon haul - and they never said anything because it used to be OK. Even the lady who informed myself and innaor otherwise told me that it "used to be like that til recently." It's not too clear, but I'll be clarifying with the manager if she's in today because I have supervisors telling me one thing (the same as the manager told me when I was hired) and a handful of people telling me that it's changed, and nothing really concrete.

Also, it may look like you could only "stack when Yusshin was there," but that's because a lot of people only came and stacked once. Since I've already made clear that of the cashiers, I was probably the most coupon-friendly (and since I was the one to announce it...) it probably makes sense to pass by me the first time in order to make sure that they know what they're doing, knowing that I would explain it to them and help them because I knew it was their first time doing it. Everyone wants to feel comfortable. Unfortunately, stacking didn't last long enough (after my topic) to allow for these people to return and pass by someone else, who would have also (by the old policy) stacked their coupons.

I've had supervisors witness me stacking many people's orders without a single peep. I've had supervisors stack my orders; no peep was given. Of course, I've also had other employees stack my coupons - even the ones who hated doing it - and no one said anything different. Again, I'll be double-checking with the manager today about what's really up.

And I don't think I'll be a scapegoat The assistant manager told me that it was OK as long as I start abiding by the new policy a.s.a.p. which I did. Another smartcanuck came by after-the-fact and I had to explain that to her (not sure who it was, but she appeared to be with her mother), but luckily she wasn't stacking so it was of no inconvenience. She had just come from the meet-up. Probably around 2:45, 2:55pm since that was about 10min after my break was done.

What other cashier sneered at you, innaor? Was she at #4?
    Last edited by Yusshin; Sun, Apr 14th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Because of fake prints, stacking manus is no longer allowed
    But you can still stack Coupon Zone + 1x Manu, like other Maxi / Loblaw Stores
    Did You Like Our Service? Make Sure To Submit A Comment Sheet At Our Store!
    Comment Box is located beside the Coin Star Machine.
    Help Me/Us Earn an "A" For Customer Service!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

The supervisor I spoke to was a young man.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    218 (100%)

If you're asking, both cashiers, the one who replaced you, Yusshin, and the one at the cash next to her, were giving me the looks. I also asked the supervisor if at least I could finish my order using the policy that you applied and he answered "NOOOO". At this point I said that I apologize for leaving my cart full, as I've done my shopping. As I was leaving the store, I met Diva55. I told her about the cart that I left aside as I wasn't planning to buy the stuff following the policy 1 coupon per purchase. I'd rather buy the same things at Metro or Pharmaprix and get extra pts.

Another smartcanuck came by after-the-fact and I had to explain that to her (not sure who it was, but she appeared to be with her mother), but luckily she wasn't stacking so it was of no inconvenience. She had just come from the meet-up. Probably around 2:45, 2:55pm since that was about 10min after my break was done.
    What other cashier sneered at you, innaor? Was she at #4?[/QUOTE]
    Cocottee00 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you're asking, both cashiers, the one who replaced you, Yusshin, and the one at the cash next to her, were giving me the looks. I also asked the supervisor if at least I could finish my order using the policy that you applied and he answered "NOOOO". At this point I said that I apologize for leaving my cart full, as I've done my shopping. As I was leaving the store, I met Diva55. I told her about the cart that I left aside as I wasn't planning to buy the stuff following the policy 1 coupon per purchase. I'd rather buy the same things at Metro or Pharmaprix and get extra pts.
    That must've been the lady who came by my til afterwards. She told me you were really upset and I totally understand.

The one who replaced me was the assistant manager. The man who came over was the assistant store manager. The girl beside her was a normal cashier (who no one likes, might I add). She has an attitude problem and a bad personality i.e. arrogance. I'm not surprised she sneered, in all honesty, but from what I hear, she's not going to be around much longer because she lied about her availability when they hired her + no one likes her. She even ticked the service manager off lol and that's really hard to do.

Again, I'm really sorry about what happened. mdrew came by the store today and I had to inform her of the same thing (to which she responded: "I want to know who ruined it for us so I can kick their butts"). Another client went by the new girl's register around 6pm and was informed of the new rule; she said, "But I could always stack coupons before" and was not happy that we are now following LoBlaws' official policy.

You can still use two week's worth of flyers, and like the official policy says, you can stack in-store coupons with one manufacturer's coupon. You can also buy, say, two Glade Starter Kits and use a 5$ coupon on one and a BOGO on the other, effectively paying around 2$+tax for both (instead of ~14$) because it's not considered "stacking" - the 5$ is applied to the first one; the BOGO to the second. Still sucks you can't stack manufacturer's anymore, but there's still leniency with price-matching at least.
    Because of fake prints, stacking manus is no longer allowed
    But you can still stack Coupon Zone + 1x Manu, like other Maxi / Loblaw Stores
    Did You Like Our Service? Make Sure To Submit A Comment Sheet At Our Store!
    Comment Box is located beside the Coin Star Machine.
    Help Me/Us Earn an "A" For Customer Service!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information