User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: No more stacking at maxi thanks to one member of this board!!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Expired
    I have just returned from an extremely upsetting visit to Maxi Masson where coupon stacking was allowed.

I went to say hi to Yusshin when my Husband and I entered the store after 20hrs of prep work before this trip. She regretfully informed me that because someone had stacked a ton of fraudulent printer coupons the stacking policy has now been put to an end!

Never have I been so disappointed in someone's extreme selfishness.

Obviously someone from this board scams the stores by altering print coupons on their computer. It is far too much of a coincidence that shortly after it is posted on this forum, this happens. I am FURIOUS!!!! I was going to be able to do so so much good for the 300+ needy families who rely upon The West Island Mission's weekly deliveries to feed their children.

Yusshin posted this policy to HELP others - not so one person could ruin it for countless others.

To the perpetrator:
    Not only have you committed fraud but you have taken food from the mouths of hungry families and ruined a wonderful thing for all of the Montreal couponers. I am so disgusted by your selfishness that I will most likely not be taking part in meetings, or this forum at all anymore as we have no way of knowing who it was - who do we trust? I will be taking a break from couponing all together until I can digest this malicious behavior. I have lost some faith in humanity's innate goodness today. I hope that you were stupid enough to use your debit or credit card to pay so that you can be tracked down and made to answer for your crime! You disgust me!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to the honest couponers out there. I am just horrified. I was almost brought to tears in the store while I was crossing off items I could no longer purchase today thinking of all of the families that will not benefit from what could have been an incredible blessing to countless people.

I pray that the policy is re-instated and that if it is Yusshin has found a few good people that she could trust with the information.

This thread is currently associated with: Maxi
    cbou and Bronwen like this.
    Wishlist: Any 650g yogurt, Catelli $1, any Jamieson product $2, high value pet, dry whiskas, president's choice dry dog food.
    Try my PTC referal links
    http://www.fusioncash.net/?ref=meldrew / swagbucks.com/refer/mdrew / http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/meldrew / http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser.aspx?RefBy=meldrew

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I just hope Yusshin doesn't take any heat from her employer. She was king enough to inform us.

It might not be someone from the forum, as it could be someone who just read and doesn't participate. But I hear you mdrew. I'm sorry about the trip you had planned and I hope you still can do some good.

I hope the person who did it reads you but I fear that he/she will be shameless : (
    Last edited by cbou; Sun, Apr 14th, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
    Diva55 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Accusing people on this board is NOT cool.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Rather then providing food for families in need, maybe this would be a good time to teach them to fend for themselves.
    Meal-planning, Using coupons for stuff you need (without stacking), cooking healthy meals on a budget, meat alternatives.

Mdrew, a door was closed, but the window is still open.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Nothing new , this happens all the time, it's a public board. Stores are always changing their policies based on what happens on these boards.

Accusing the people at the meetings kind of sucks. Didn't those people give you all kinds of coupons for your donations? I would be pretty pissed if I read that and had attended a meeting.

Teen Couponer
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by marmaduke View Post
    Accusing people on this board is NOT cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I have Zero tolerance for members attacking other members on here.

I will ensure that everyone has a relaxed stress-free experience by banning anyone who attacks members and causes trouble.

maggierocks has been banned for continuously attacking members in the Qthread and not listening to the numerous moderator warnings.
    'nuff said
    Join instaGC.ca! Get PAID for doing simple offers, searching the web, completing surveys, and watching videos! I'll help you get started!
    Every gift card requested is instant (even PayPal)! No waiting. Oh, and of course it's free!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Dear Lord - why do people assume so easily???? If you read what I wrote I do not accuse anyone at the meetings, I simply state how upset I am as someone has betrayed US and WE have no way of knowing who.

I find it really interesting how someone mistakenly assumes the worst and suggests that I be banned but when people were outright attacking me - that's seen as totally ok. Your rude comments only prove my point. Instead of attacking the person responsible for this you misread one phrase and I am the monster! By the way if you can read it correctly I said "who can WE trust" NOT "who can I trust. Makes me think why you're jumping on me.....

This is B.S. I'm done!
    Last edited by mdrew; Sun, Apr 14th, 2013 at 08:27 PM.
    Bronwen likes this.
    Wishlist: Any 650g yogurt, Catelli $1, any Jamieson product $2, high value pet, dry whiskas, president's choice dry dog food.
    Try my PTC referal links
    http://www.fusioncash.net/?ref=meldrew / swagbucks.com/refer/mdrew / http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/meldrew / http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser.aspx?RefBy=meldrew

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Mdrew, what you need to realize is that this is an OPEN forum. Even though only members can post, anyone but anyone can view all the posts. Accusing people at the local meetings is not cool. You may have alienated a lot of people who have been helping you.

As for donations, we all have been donating to the best of our ability and availability of coupons and sales, without the stacking. Many people would say that perhaps you went overboard as well trying to amass a large donation.
    Last edited by GeorgiaK; Sun, Apr 14th, 2013 at 08:29 PM.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    I have just returned from an extremely upsetting visit to Maxi Masson where coupon stacking was allowed.

I went to say hi to Yusshin when my Husband and I entered the store after 20hrs of prep work before this trip. She regretfully informed me that because someone had stacked a ton of fraudulent printer coupons the stacking policy has now been put to an end!

Never have I been so disappointed in someone's extreme selfishness.

Obviously someone from this board scams the stores by altering print coupons on their computer. It is far too much of a coincidence that shortly after it is posted on this forum, this happens. I am FURIOUS!!!! I was going to be able to do so so much good for the 300+ needy families who rely upon The West Island Mission's weekly deliveries to feed their children.

Yusshin posted this policy to HELP others - not so one person could ruin it for countless others.

To the perpetrator:
    Not only have you committed fraud but you have taken food from the mouths of hungry families and ruined a wonderful thing for all of the Montreal couponers. I am so disgusted by your selfishness that I will most likely not be taking part in meetings, or this forum at all anymore as we have no way of knowing who it was - who do we trust? I will be taking a break from couponing all together until I can digest this malicious behavior. I have lost some faith in humanity's innate goodness today. I hope that you were stupid enough to use your debit or credit card to pay so that you can be tracked down and made to answer for your crime! You disgust me!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news to the honest couponers out there. I am just horrified. I was almost brought to tears in the store while I was crossing off items I could no longer purchase today thinking of all of the families that will not benefit from what could have been an incredible blessing to countless people.

I pray that the policy is re-instated and that if it is Yusshin has found a few good people that she could trust with the information.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Dear Lord - why do people assume so easily???? If you read what I wrote I do not accuse anyone at the meetings, I simply state how upset I am as someone has betrayed US and WE have no way of knowing who.

I find it really interesting how someone mistakenly assumes the worst and suggests that I be banned but when people were outright attacking me - that's seen as totally ok. Your rude comments only prove my point. Instead of attacking the person responsible for this you misread one phrase and I am the monster! By the way if you can read it correctly I said "who can WE trust" NOT "who can I trust. Makes me think why you're jumping on me.....

This is B.S. I'm done!
    Sooo much tension hereAnd here I was bummed that I never got around to visiting that store to get some Glad bags

I think the highlighted red sentence above is what "members" (and lurkers who frankly just don't give a sh*t) must've misunderstood.

ETA: It just hit me in the face Name:  facepalm-img.gif
Views: 275
Size:  705 Bytesthat the thread title also kinda comes across as though you were accusing "ONE MEMBER OF THIS BOARD"
    Last edited by Tbites; Sun, Apr 14th, 2013 at 09:17 PM.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    As for donations, we all have been donating to the best of our ability and availability of coupons and sales, without the stacking.
    It's true. As much as I agree with OP, I think we can still do a lot of good with coupons. One SC'er from Ontario has done so well she's managed to open a non profit organization. No stacking was done.

DH and I are both students so we don't have a lot to work with, money wise. But thanks to couponing we were able to donate two Rubbermaid bins of food and household items at Christmas this year (whereas the year before that we were the ones visiting the Salvation Army). That alone is a testament to what coupons can do - stacking or not!!

However, I guess with never having had the option of stacking it's easier for me to dismiss it

OP I'm sorry this happened in your town. And I hope whoever did this fesses up or gets caught as it makes us all look bad and I worry sometimes that if people start doing this more frequently, coupons will be abolished all together
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    Mdrew, what you need to realize is that this is an OPEN forum. Even though only members can post, anyone but anyone can view all the posts.
    Exactly..There's no end to the number of poeple who read this.

And we know that store representives follow SC. In fact, there are several who have accounts and post here so I wouldn't be surprised if Maxi HO staff read the forum and pass on info.

I found it rather sad the mdrew took a very PA approach here since most of us have worked out who she's accusing.
    super_e likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have spoken to Yusshin and it's not me. We are good and I'm planning to go back to see her.

I think I will refrain from posting anymore good finds from now on. Going to keep them to myself. I'm sure eventually you all will find out about it later from other sources, by then, it's too late to get in on it.
    rish and mdrew like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know stacking was really useful, but it's not impossible to save lots of money and get lots of stuff relatively cheap. I think you still saved 150$ during your trip, and that's really not that bad at all

I got some of the Cashmere 15Dbl Roll packs I was telling you about @ 50% off. They came back at 2,50$/ea when normally, they're 12,99$/ea. I only paid 11,20$ (after no-tax and employee card) for five packs that normally would've cost around 74$. Same with my yogurt brag the other day - 65$ of stuff for 16$ - so it's not entirely impossible. It's just more inconvenient now.

It's awful that a few people found out this way by coming the distance, but by the time I heard (yesterday), one SCer (couponmummy) had already come by, one was turned away half-way through (innaor) and one thankfully didn't have coupons to stack! It really bites that somebody ruined it for the rest of us.

I think another member mentioned it could've been before I posted, too, given the time it takes to reimburse coupons. This could've been an on-going issue that the store is just learning about now
    Because of fake prints, stacking manus is no longer allowed
    But you can still stack Coupon Zone + 1x Manu, like other Maxi / Loblaw Stores
    Did You Like Our Service? Make Sure To Submit A Comment Sheet At Our Store!
    Comment Box is located beside the Coin Star Machine.
    Help Me/Us Earn an "A" For Customer Service!

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

The person who passed the printed coupon my not of even realized they were doing so as the $2 Arctic Garden coupon (which was fake) was posted on several different coupon blogs. As for not allowing stacking because of fake printables seems to be going against Loblaw banners stores policy of accepting printed coupons doesn't it??? But them stacking isn't allowed according to there policy either!! lol
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    The person who passed the printed coupon my not of even realized they were doing so as the $2 Arctic Garden coupon (which was fake) was posted on several different coupon blogs. As for not allowing stacking because of fake printables seems to be going against Loblaw banners stores policy of accepting printed coupons doesn't it??? But them stacking isn't allowed according to there policy either!! lol

err....no! using coupons is a privilage that stores can modify anytime they like. especially if the store management thinks that there is fraud going on.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information