• 1 Post By cbnd29
  • 4 Post By GoJays
  • 1 Post By nicolthepickle
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By Midnightly

Thread: 12 minutes of my life I will never get back....Thank you Rogers

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just got my Rogers bill and there was a $2 charge for not signing up for online billing.

Not too impressed. I get the stupid paper bills because I cannot access my bills online via the account function on their website....now they want to charge me and cannot provide me with the alternate service.

Cannot WAIT until my contract is up.
    This thread is currently associated with: Rogers (Plus), Via Rail
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They will waive it if you give them a good reason to. If you can't access it online, I would think they should waive it. I got it waived, but that's because they have mucked up my address 3 months in a row and I haven't been getting any bills. So I made a stink about having to pay $2 when this is my only reminder to pay them and I have paid them enough money over the years that they can absorb this cost.

For me email reminders don't work. I get too many emails. A paper bill is needed or i will forget. They didn't have any issue with waiving the fee.
    Last edited by cbnd29; Mon, Apr 22nd, 2013 at 01:37 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my bf works for a printing company that prints people's bills, including Rogers. the $2 they charge you is probably used to pay that printing company. I use online billing myself

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

or they just add it to their big heap of cash ...... to me, it's just another cash grab.
    krysta lynne and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is a cash grab.

It takes seconds to stuff an envelope, pennies for the ink, a penny for the paper and they probably pay less than the face value for the postage.

It probably costs them $1 to send me a bill, and they are charging me $2.

The cost of sending me a bill should be included in the cost of doing business, not as an additional fee.

I have online billing for EVERYTHING but Rogers because of issues with viewing my bill online.
    xox2010 and cbnd29 like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

the thing is they all charge you for paper bills now so good luck....it sucks but what are you going to do
    TWO 20% KONG PRODUCT AVAILABLE FOR TRADE<dl style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-size: 14px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; width: 881px; clear: both; "></dl>

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Because you have an issue, you have a good reason for them to waive the fee. I moved a couple years ago, and they had something online that said ... "set up your move online and get a $30 credit" or something to that effect and when i went to do it online, it wouldn't load the page properly. I got some error message. So I ended up calling, and I got them to apply the credit anyways, because it wasn't my fault their stupid website didn't work right. Especially after I wasted 30 minutes of my time filling in all my info to end up getting nowhere.

Any time they do something, that is an inconvenience to me or causes a problem, it's time for a credit. I've never been turned down on any request.

Some simple rules I use:

1) Never expect the first person you speak with can grant your request. They are frontline call center workers with limited approval to credit you or have something waived. If you ask and they say they can't do it, then don't waste your time, speak to their supervisor. If that person can't do it, then speak to their manager .... eventually someone will have the authority and understanding and will give a credit. mind you, it has to be a reasonable request to begin with.

2) The big companies post millions of dollars in profits annually. A credit for a few dollars isn't going to bankrupt them. if it's a reasonable request, it shouldn't be a problem.

3) Be reasonable, be polite, but point out how it's your hard earned money, and your business you choose to give them. As a loyal customer, it's not unreasonable to ask to be compensated when something isn't working for you.

4)Don't ask and you will never get anything.

I recently changed my Bell billing to online billing to avoid the $2 fee and because their bills always arrived late and I kept getting hit with late charges. There email reminders aren't working for me and I missed paying my bill. I'm going to call them tomorrow, to get a better deal on internet, because I don't feel I am getting good value for my money compared to Rogers internet and while I am at it, there going to put me back on paper billing minus the $2 fee.

If I can do it, anyone can do it.
    mhmartel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sadly, Bell does the same thing... they're all the same.. they all suck.. lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Sadly, Bell does the same thing... they're all the same.. they all suck.. lol
    You're right ! So why would anyone sit back and just give them extra money for no good reason?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Koodoo does this as well. It's pretty normal, but it's too bad that you can't access it online.
    Candini likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Cash grab to deter you from using paper. Paper does cost them money, but nowhere near $2. To print bulk paper in general costs less than pennies. The stamp is less than $1
    i_forget likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

as couponers we should want them to continue mailing bills.. the more letters going through post.. the less of a jump in the cost to send post (and less likely they will cut down from 5 days a week to 3 days a week what i hear talks about)
    i_forget likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    It is a cash grab.

It takes seconds to stuff an envelope, pennies for the ink, a penny for the paper and they probably pay less than the face value for the postage.

It probably costs them $1 to send me a bill, and they are charging me $2.

The cost of sending me a bill should be included in the cost of doing business, not as an additional fee.

I have online billing for EVERYTHING but Rogers because of issues with viewing my bill online.
    If they included the $2.00 paper bill charge in their fee then people who opt out of it wouldn't have the option not to be charged the $2.00 because it would be included in their regular prices...

Thread Information