User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Is it just me or have some of you noticed that for most stores as soon as the cashiers see that you have coupons they become super rude? the only store that i still get friendly service at is at LD I find.. I dont go overboard and usually only buy a few things of each with coupons but I always seem to get attitude. The other day at walmart kept cutting me off to the point where i had to tell her to call the manager because she was so rude. The Manager told her that I was in the right and her attitute just became worse. I use to love going shopping and saving money but now I am always worried to see if I get attitude.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Walmart

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I totally agree with you. As soon as they see you with coupons or you mention coupons some of them change their attitude and are super rude. I just try to be nice now and separate my transactions before they do the "only one coupon per purchase" but we have to agree there are still some nice ones out there

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I've had good luck with small transactions and self-checkout.
    I'm no longer couponing and my dogs have passed away. I can't figure out how to delete my profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

just within the last week I probably went to 10 different stores all together and found only LD to be welcomming for coupons.

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I find even at LD there are only certain cashiers that are worth checking out with. It has greatly reduced the amount of shopping I do. I am glad I have a small stockpile so I don't have the urge to shop all the time. Now I can wait while retailers and couponers get on the same page and couponing returns to its new "normal".
    I'm no longer couponing and my dogs have passed away. I can't figure out how to delete my profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm Delicious TheOriginalTruffles's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I haven't had any problems. But then, I always try to be super-friendly or crack jokes to ease the disruption.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

I do the same thing, always try to engage in a conversation
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalTruffles View Post
    I haven't had any problems. But then, I always try to be super-friendly or crack jokes to ease the disruption.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I haven't had too many problems. I will try to scope out the nice ones. Most of the times I have been lucky. But I usually don't buy too many items because I don't want to piss them off.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

I bought 3 things today and they were all different and the cashier got moody as soon as she seen the coupons
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysdaddysgirl View Post
    I haven't had too many problems. I will try to scope out the nice ones. Most of the times I have been lucky. But I usually don't buy too many items because I don't want to piss them off.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I find after I tell them I like coming to their till, because they are understanding of coupons...they like me. smile..I guess its the honey...but yes, I scope them out..I think its on the average 1 out of about 8 are fine.

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Had awesome luck at Superstore in the westend tonight. Saved $12 with coupons but I only bought a couple bags of groceries. Everything went through without a hitch.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I am not in your town, but I think that rude cashiers exist in Anytown, Canada.

I once said to a rude cashier, in my calmest Clint Eastwoody voice, "Do you want to keep working here? Just let me know because I can help you out the door. You don't know who I am, or who I know, so be very, very careful how you treat me." She straightened up real quick and I had the best service after that.

I think I scared her into thinking that I rubbed shoulders with the muckedy mucks in head office. Hehehe.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Haha - oh Shwa girl!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been lucky!!!! I usually get comments like "good deal" or "don't you love when that happens" I am always polite and don't do large stacks. I like putting the coupons on the products but I always ask the cashier how she would like to do it!!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mhk View Post
    Haha - oh Shwa girl!!
    Hehehe.
    The cashier is providing customer service to us.
    Without the customers, they're no job for the cashier.
    So IMO, the cashier works for me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information