User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: caring for another stray cat and kittens

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

thanks everyone. Andi you know I was thinking Felix could learn from her. He is so jumpy-he litterally jumps at everything. this morning he jumped when my sister turned on the faucet. it is nuts. This girl though is the most laid back cat I have ever met. she is in the shop and my dad had to use the saw today in the shop and she didn't even blink. I admit I am falling in love with her. Felix would love a friend. He tries to make friends with everyone and everything. lol
    Thanks to the person who mentioned about the salt content. I didn't even think about that. thankfully she drank more today on her own. she must feel all your love. oh she is so sweet.
    one thing though is that she isn't using the litter box and she is going to the bathroom in a sawdust pile. the cat I took care of last year did the same thing. so I am trying to mix sawdust in the litter so she goes in there and slowly add more litter. it worked with the last cat-I hope it works with her too. I need to figure out how to post a photo here though so you all can see her and her babies. she is so pretty. her babies are adorable too!
    Last edited by dealsniffer; Sun, May 5th, 2013 at 12:04 AM.
    Andit and Natalka like this.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Name:  Ginger and kittens.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  35.3 KB

you can not see how thin she is here because she is curled up. she actually doesn't look too bad here. not the best photo but it was all she let me take of her and the kittens. I didn't want to push it. her accomadations are not great but it was all I had on hand in a hurry and now that she has made it her home, I don't want to try move her. she is inside the shop though and the woodstove is going in there because it has been cold. she likes the woodstove. lol I keep thinking how if she had her kittens outside on saturday that the kittens likely would have died. it was getting down to -6 over night the past couple nights and snow on Monday as well.
    Last edited by dealsniffer; Wed, May 1st, 2013 at 11:52 PM.
    abbasgirl, Andit, Natalka and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Name:  kittens.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  11.4 KB
    the best pic I could get of the kittens. these photos are from Monday I think. I took them with my phone. I would like to take a real camera out there hopefully tomorrow and get a couple better photos.
    abbasgirl, Andit, Natalka and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

what a beautiful cat! And her kittens are so cute! She reminds me of butterscotch ripple ice cream!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Hi Dealsniffer!

That little mommy was seeking an angel and she found one. She was doing what a mommy does for her children. I'm so glad and so sad. Thank God you happened to be where you were at that time and who you are and you went out to help her. I love you and we all do for helping her and her little ones and last year too and any future acts of kindness you do. I feel better knowing that there are people like you and everyone replying with there gratitude, advice and blessings. Thank you from all of us Furry Baby mommies for doing this. Sincere thank yous and thank you for sharing, (Tears,tears,sniffle,sniffle).
    Andit, dealsniffer, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

How wonderful of you to take her in ♥
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

thanks everyone for your very kind words. it means a lot to me. I have a lot of health problems and have been really struggling emotionally from dealing with all the physical stuff and having her appear has given me another reason to keep pushing forward. plus as all people with fur babies know, the love of an animal is so wonderful and makes it quite rewarding to care for them. so I think that her and I are helping each other. she is so cuddly too
    Last edited by dealsniffer; Thu, May 2nd, 2013 at 11:13 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

She and her kittens are so lucky to have found food, shelter and love just in time.
    Stray cats make the best pets. They are so grateful.

What we do to make sure our cats get enough water is add a little water to the canned cat food we give them. Cats naturally don't drink a lot of water and it's especially important for male cats because they can be prone urinary problems, or so my vet told me. Our cats love the extra gravy.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks for posting the pics - Mama is beautiful and AWWWW on the kitties! You are so lucky; I miss having kittens around!
    Andit and dealsniffer like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

You are so kind Heather! She is very lucky to have found you - she is beautiful!
    Andit, dealsniffer and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

She used the litter box for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She only went pee in it but that is definitely a big step!!!!!! sorry-I am quite excited about this! I just wanted to share! oh and I noticed when she licks her mouth after eating that she kind of snorts and it is quite cute-to me anyways. the kittens eyes are also starting to open. I should really try get better pics.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I am so touched by this thread. Thank you for showing such love to this mama kitty and her babies.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thanks TrueNorthTreasures.
    I wanted to say that I took more pics today with a real camera. Mama was not there at the time so I didn't get any of her. but I did get some of the kittens. they are pretty cute! 8 days old today and their eyes are starting to open!!! I have set up a facebook album and it's public so it should be visible to you all. here is the link. https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/se...0156696&type=1
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

What a wonderful gesture to care for this furry family....it sounds like they are getting better each and every day with your love and kindness.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know, certainly there will be more people like you
    Andit likes this.
    Welcome to my Guild Wars 2 Gold,mmoggg blogs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information