User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Anyone else have bad neighbors?

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

Not me (anymore) but I swear my parents have the worst neighbor!

Back story: My parents live on a street that is mostly seniors. When they bought the house my Uncle lived right behind them and a sweet older couple Mr & Mrs K lived right beside them. When they got older none of their kids helped so my parents helped them out as much as they could by mowing their lawns, driving them to church, getting them groceries, shoveling their snow, etc. When Mrs K died my parents helped out even more as Mr K lost his drivers license. This was about the age where I could drive so I parked my car in his driveway and walked over to my house (not a long walk as he was next door LOL) but he said he felt safer for people to think cars were coming and going. Eventually, Mr K passed away which is when their daughter bought the house and moved her troubled son in.. thats where the fun began!

To start the son is a drug dealer. Mr K had told us stories over the years about what a bad kid he was and how disappointed he was everytime he saw or heard something else about him. He was growing pot plants in his backyard and they started growing into my parents property. My told him his "flowers" were growing into their yard and he needed to cut them back as their son (my brother) is autistic and they fear he might put them in his mouth (highly unlikely but my parents worry about my brother). He told them to F off. My parents didn't really care though they just laughed it off. We were having a social gathering about a week later over their and my boyfriend's Dad is a cop. He saw the pot plants growing over the fence and called the police on him. Thats when it all started. Since then he has done a STRING of horrible things to my parents and wont leave them alone. I live 12 hours away but when I go and visit he is DEATHLY scared of my boyfriend. He wont come out of his house LOL.

About a month before I moved he called the police and pressed charges on my boyfriend and I. He claimed my boyfriend (with me in the passenger seat) drove onto his driveway (which is still CITY property not his property) and spun the gravel around causing a hole. My boyfriend has a big jacked up Chevy he uses for hunting. The police came to my parent's house (where I was, I actually lived 6 houses down but because my car was there he told the police to go there to get my statement). Funny thing is my boyfriend had moved 12 hours away a week prior to the incident. Once my boyfriend was able to provide gas receipts, ferry receipts, and his worked confirmed he was there the day/evening of the incident the charges were dropped. Since then he wont even look at my boyfriend haha!

He does little childish games like park RIGHT beside my parents brand new $80,000 truck. Like RIGHT beside so he's just on the property line. Like I'm talking an inch away and then he climbs out the other door. When its raining he'll big a dyke kind of thing so all the rain runs into my parents property. He'll smash the gutter on the side of the house when noones out there or at night. He stands at the top of his driveway and stares into my parents house. He once went outside and SCREAMED at my mom because he though she was throwing leaves over the fence (??) haha. They will put the garbage can right behind my Dad's truck and leave it there all week.

The police said it's just going to get worse because he thinks my parents are the one that called the police for him growing pot.

Anyone else got a bad neighbor? Would love to hear your stories and know that my parent's aren't the only good people stuck with bad neighbors!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ottawa likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Gee, I thought our neighbours were bad because they don't clean up their trash cans after a raccoon gets into them...
    KK7, thriftygranny and KelJo like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

SOunds like my grandmother's neighbour. She's lived there for 20+ years. This family builds a new house, on half a lot of land. Meaning the house is almost on top of her house, there is the minimum space between their houses required by law. When building the house, they had destroyed her fence that divided the two pieces of land just through building of the house, piles of rocks/dirt from diging the foundation were resting against the fence, caused it to collapse.

She had these little painted wooden fences around some of her shrubs in her yard, which she has done for years. The guy got drunk one night and ripped all them up. He's cursed at her, threatened her etc. Has loud parties most of the time. Does not take out his garbage, instead puts it under his back deck and just lets it rot. She even spoke to an lawyer to see if there was anything she could legally do. She doesn't like to leave her house anymore because of this neighbour. She is afraid if she went away for a weekend what this neighbour would do to her house.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I'm very lucky when it comes to neighbour! I live right next to a County Sheriff ( who is also one of my most awesome coupon / coffee buddies!! ) and on the other side a quiet family with a a child the same age as mine, then my neighbour on the other side of the Sheriff is a fireman... I'm very lucky in the neighbour department!!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

One of the joys of being a trainee inter-galatic ruler and Sith Lady means you never get bad neighbours..You are the bad neighbour.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yes,I have to neighbourgs who act like mentally .....deranged person ...when they just not understand they dont respect the right of others like me...a gross man who think because he llive on the first floor have the parking for all his vehicules like it was the landlor..even a landlor would not do that...freaking egoism to take the space of the others without any shame..like it was normal... ABUSE
    ticul likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My old neighbour's kids tried to set fire to our house.... not only did they fail miserably to do so, they ended up causing a small fire by their garage instead causing their parents to replace the garage door. Mind you these kids were younger than me at the time. They did all this because they didn't like how my dad would ask them not to kick a ball near our cars (only when they were parked outside)
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I live in a high-rise, on the 13th floor.

Two years ago my neighbour immediately upstairs did his own plumbing repairs and the pipe burst while he wasn't home. Dozens of apartments were damaged all the way to the ground floor, mine was the worst. Had to move out and wait 3 months for repairs and restoration to be done. Cupboards, appliances, drywall, flooring. Nine months later, the same guy decides to use the fire sprinkler head near his ceiling as a hook for a clothesline. Flooded out again, just as bad. Another 3 months away while things were fixed. Our strata association now has a $100,000 deductible on the building insurance.

On the bright side, I had good homeowners insurance in place and both times they took care of everything, including deluxe accommodation nearby. They were able to recover what they paid from the other insurance companies so my premiums have not gone up. It's a hell of a way to get a nice fresh new interior to your apartment, though.

BTW, I highly recommend having insurance for these kinds of things.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    One of the joys of being a trainee inter-galatic ruler and Sith Lady means you never get bad neighbours..You are the bad neighbour.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh man, the stories. I live in a townhouse complex, prior to moving in our comments were how bad can it be, that was the understatement of the year. If we had the money we would so be out of there in large part due to the neighbours. We all park in a parking lot each house gets one parking space and any additional vehicles are parked in "visitor" parking. At least once a year letters have to be sent out to remind people that old dead non road worthy not moving cars cannot be left in the parking lot. At once point we had 7 cars in our parking lot all run down did not work taking up parking spaces and the funny thing is the people with these cars are the ones going at the board because there isn't enough parking. They now also enforcing that you cannot have more vehicles than people living in your house after a house with one person who drove had 4 cars in the parking 2 were not road worthy, one just sat there but could be driven on the road and one was their full time use car.

As well we have a lot of kids and dogs in our complex. New rules is if toys are left out over night they are taken away and it will cost you $0.25 to get them back. This is done because toys are constantly left in common areas including the side walks. Dogs are a whole other issue as many residents do not clean up after there dogs, we have some that believe small dogs don't poop (Ha ha yeah right) we have others that will actually let their dogs out of their backyard to do their business in the common areas and will not poop and scope.

As well we each own our own homes but we do have a condo board and fees are paid to up keep. But we have some people who live there and act like they own the whole complex and can tell others what to do and do whatever they like.

All I have to say is a house in the middle of no where has never looked so good.
    matrix82, Shwa Girl, ticul and 1 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We have a bad neighbor on one side of us, but they will soon be gone - they put their house on the market last week.

Here are a few things they have done:
    *caught the old man 'peeking' into dd's window (she has a bedroom in the basement) while he was walking up and down the public walk-way. He actually stopped and one point and was staring in the window. I happened to be downstairs in her room and saw him. I ran upstairs and outside. I told him if I caught him doing that again I'd be calling the cops.
    *saw him throwing rocks at our dogs, which then cause the dogs to bark. This in turn results in him calling animal control and them calling us or sending us a letter regarding our barking dogs. I have called animal control to tell them of what he is doing to the dogs, as well as calling the Humane Society. They have warned him that what he is doing could be considered animal abuse.
    *throws his leaves, grass clippings, etc on our yard. This isn't a big thing, but it is rather annoying.

These are the biggest issues we have had, however, there was one time that their garage was broken into and the woman happened to be up. She called the cops and the cops caught the 2 boys just as they were leaving our garage. We did go over and thank her but she gave us the stink eye.

The older lady on the other side of us is super nice. Her son & DIL live on the other side of her, but during the summer they go to their cottage for long periods of time so I'll send my kids over to cut her grass or see if she needs anything. She has been widowed for quite some time and her grandchildren are all older.
    Crochetlady and ticul like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

oh my lord, i'm not an evil person but i often think how much longer we'll have to put up with the seniors around us. our 1 neighbour is a bully! the 1st day we took possession of the house, my husband was painting before we moved stuff in. she came over within 45 mins to tell him his music was too loud and to shut it off.
    at xmas time we were entertaining our bil, sil and their 2 children (1 of which has hearing issues) we were watching a movie at 8:30 p.m and all of a sudden there's this HUGE banging on the wall. it was a children's movie and during action scenes the music went louder. i swear on anything though that it wasn't LOUD. we lowered it but my nephew couldn't hear it anymore so we had to turn it off.
    the next day we're out shovelling and the woman comes out and starts complaining our t.v was too loud. i asked why they kept banging on the wall, her answer? well i figured if you couldn't out why we were banging then you would come over and find out!.......oh o.k so i'm supposed to go out in 20 below weather, put my boots on, walk around all the bushes to find out why your banging on the wall like a crazy lady?

they have taken my trash cans, filled them up with water and left them in the middle of my parking spot because they were |helping me clean them|
    you don't leave them in the middle of my parking so that i have to leave my car in the middle of the road, get out of my car, move them out of the way. You also EMPTY a trash can after you clean it, you don't just leave the water there to stew!
    they have raked/swept my driveway then again, left the pile in the middle of my driveway
    they use my fence as a prop to hold up their laundry baskets in the summer so now my fence is bent.
    i got soooo fed up with this passie aggresive *help*

last summer i had a piece of wood propped up against my fence, they told me to get it off. i said it was my fence and i was waiting for garbage day but i assured them it would be gone come garbage day. that night i showed up after work and the wood was a few feet away from the fence. someone had come on my property and taken it off the fence.
    I SNAPPED! when the woman came out, i told her to stop talking to us, do NOT speak to my daughter, do NOT come on my property or i will call the police. if they have a problem with us then to take it the police and make a report against us because i wanted to hear NOT A PEEP from them. my husband was there and basically told her the same thing.
    her husband comes out in a bath towel, about 80 years old and theatens to beat my husband (the 30 yr old). at that point we just burst out laughing.

We've lived there for about 2 years and every summer they and the other neighbours beside us spend their retirement days outside bemoaning society today and how all teenagage mums are on welfare and how coloured people (i'm using NICE words here, insert incredibly derogatory, negative, EVIL words) are thiefs and how if they all would just stop sucking from the system then we'd be better off. oh and gay people too. they're equal opputunity HATERS!
    my husband has had to restrain me from saying anything since 10 yrs ago i was a teenage mum on social assistance and now i own a home, i work for gov, my daughter is a gifted student and i pay more in taxes then they make in a damn year!
    I am an incredibly open minded person and love everyone equally. it makes me blood boil to hear such negative, closminded cr*p that i cant even enjoy my own backyard!
    they've done more than this but i kept my mouth shut because i'm sure we do annoying things as well and im a firm believer in not fighting with your neighbours because you may need them one day. i just couldnt handle it anymore and thought id rather get robbed then deal with them any longer.
    omg im sorry, i totally took on a rant of my own lol. i feel your pain OP.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

We have a neighbour with two dogs that love to bark for hours. I finally got up the nerve a few days ago and talked to the owner. Hopefully problem will be solved. Our place has gone down in value because of this neighbour - what a mess around his place. And when we moved here years and years ago now, it was the nicest looking neighbourhood in the city - lots of older retired folks. Things can change quickly so, if you have nice neighbours, enjoy it while it lasts lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Add to mine neigbour yelling and talking so lound I swear all the street can hear,,,,
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow...can we open a special building and put them all (the bad ones ) togheter...some need to be in mental places....
    matrix82 and ticul like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information