User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree225Likes

Thread: Highly unimpressed with a fellow couponer

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I DON'T KNOW IF THIS CUSTOMER AT WALMART FOLLOWS SMART CANUCKS BUT I WAS HIGHLY UNIMPRESSED WITH MY EXPERIENCE AT WALMART TODAY BECAUSE OF HER. This customer is the reason it is so difficult to coupon nowadays and I was even shaking my head at her transaction.
    Not only did she clear a shelf of Zantac to receive overage, SHE WENT INTO THE EXPRESS LANE (1-15 ITEMS) WITH 76 ZANTAC ON TOP OF THE OTHER PRODUCTS SHE HAD. (It was definitely 76. I had the opportunity to be cashed out by the same cashier right after the transaction, and so I got to hear her complain about the customer, got a glance at a copy of the receipt she had to reprint, and saw the stack of coupons.)

She was clearly abusing the privilege of couponing, because no one in their right mind should use 76 Zantac coupons... at once.
    I'm not even impressed that her OOP was less than 6.00 for a $170 purchase. I wouldn't even be impressed if she decides to donate the Zantac either. I love a good deal, I like stuff free, but that's NOT the way to do it.

Please share your input on this situation, am I over reacting?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

you are right,some people abuse and are egoist and dont care of the conséquences for the others....very unfair and cheap....15 coupons still okaie with me...but I honnestly dont think she want the Zantac..she want free money..and the abuse of the short line for that..wow...that take guts to do that...or no head...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I guess anybody in your area will find this coupon even those who use this product for real..because she have them alll...I would not be surprise she did the same strategy again and again...
    Angela273, ticul, paciad and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Where can you get 76 Zantac's at once on a shelf unless it was special ordered! I myself would only get 2 or 3 (only did it 3 or 4 times) and even feel bad about that...lol.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kk008 View Post
    Where can you get 76 Zantac's at once on a shelf unless it was special ordered! I myself would only get 2 or 3 (only did it 3 or 4 times) and even feel bad about that...lol.
    The Walmart is fairly new, maybe opened for less than a year (Actually happened to be my first time in there) and so I would just assume that they keep things heavily stocked. But even if she ordered so many... its abuse of the coupon and product.

Also, I don't see an issue with 2 - 3 at a time, especially if then you find use for them, give them to family members, or donate it. Especially if you add an extra item into your shopping cart you either didn't plan on getting, or find the opportunity to do so. But 76 is just an unhealthy amount. That's enough to make meth and/or other ridiculous concoctions.
    Not to mention that's enough for the company to alter the wording on their next batch of coupons so that the 'perk' of a small 1.00 overage isn't possible. Or the dismissal of the coupon altogether.
    Last edited by paciad; Fri, May 3rd, 2013 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Oh my. I tried to by 3 zantac some time back and the Walmart I went to didn't want to give overage. They wanted me to use 2 coupons not 3 and purchase the 3 zantac. The supervisor was called over and he asked me what I was going to do with the overage. Should zantac to pay for my other product? It was my first time trying using a coupon with possible overage and I got the riot act. I felt bad and just took my coupons back and bought the rest of my things.
    I can't believe the guts this woman has to do this. This is not good. Gives me indigestion actually.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

My Walmart only allows six to be purchased at one time. That seems fair....76 is not fair and they should really look at limiting purchases like that.

Good point about concoctions....another good reason to limit amounts per purchase.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

was a CSM being call over when she checkout her 76 zantacs?, i m sure the CSM who knows what they are doing will say NO to it. which walmart location was it if you don't mind me asking

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

All the Zantac tear pad coupons I know about clearly say in the fine print "Limit one coupon per purchase and per person... ". Was there another kind of Zantac coupon (maybe a printable?) that doesn't have this exclusion in the fine print?

Last edited by mcminsen; Fri, May 3rd, 2013 at 04:47 AM.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Nope - thwyre all the same wording. I've been able to use 3 different UPCs in the past, but now I. have just the one left. All of the Walmarts in my area have been burned though and weren't reimbursed for the multiples per transaction. Now there is a photocopy of the coupon by each cash saying "only one per customer" and that we can't do multiple trans transactions.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    was a CSM being call over when she checkout her 76 zantacs?, i m sure the CSM who knows what they are doing will say NO to it. which walmart location was it if you don't mind me asking
    No one was called over. The cashier must have not known the stores coupon policies too well. Like I said its a fairly new location and the girl seemed to be around my age (between 18-23) so I doubt she cared about calling over anyone to ask questions. It was later in the evening after 9pm and the location closes at 10 I believe so I can only assume she wanted the last few minutes of her shift to go by without any problems. Location is in Brampton, (Mississauga rd. and Williams parkway)
    Aimz and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Hi: which Zantac coupons are these. I keep seeing on SC people saying they are using them on 3 packs of Zantac but the coupons I have seen say these exclude 3 pks. The coupon above shows 3 pks excluded as well. Does any one know where I can find them because we actually need Zantac at home. Thanks.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    All the Zantac tear pad coupons I know about clearly say in the fine print "Limit one coupon per purchase and per person... ". Was there another kind of Zantac coupon (maybe a printable?) that doesn't have this exclusion in the fine print?
    They were all the blue $3.00 off coupons. I've never used them so I wouldn't know the wording on them otherwise I would have stepped in (but I would have had to notice it prior to being cashed out as well).
    Anyways as I mentioned in the reply above, the cashier seemed to either not want to create a fuss, or just didn't know the coupon policies too well.

Regardless, even though they are both at fault I have 'sympathy' towards the cashier. The customer was completely wrong in pulling a stunt like that. If the wording on her blue coupons are like the wording on the blue coupons you displayed then she is ruining the couponing experience for everyone. I know I read through my coupons so that the cashier doesn't have a hassle with me (and even then I might miss something and put the products back, I don't try to trick them into using it). So I don't like that fellow couponer whatsoever.
    Last edited by paciad; Fri, May 3rd, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
    mcminsen, Aimz, Chimmi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwala View Post
    Hi: which Zantac coupons are these. I keep seeing on SC people saying they are using them on 3 packs of Zantac but the coupons I have seen say these exclude 3 pks. The coupon above shows 3 pks excluded as well. Does any one know where I can find them because we actually need Zantac at home. Thanks.
    Unfortunately I'm no help in this, I don't use Zantac nor does anyone in my family. You might want to PM Mcminsen as he seems to know the coupons much better than I.
    Good luck, all the best.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

if you have not post here, I think that person might brag about her shop if shes on SC, lol....now she won't be doing that anymore.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information