User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'm not sure if this belongs in products or stores, but here we are.

My MIL lives in Charlottetown, but she moved into an assisted living facility earlier this year. By the time we got there this weekend, the house was cleared out and getting ready for sale. For the first time ever, we had to stay in a hotel!

I booked the Holiday Inn on the TCH via Hotwire.com. We did get a cheaper rate than we would have otherwise. It was close to where we needed to be.

But unknown to us, there were hockey teams booked there too, from the looks of them they were maybe ten year olds. And from what I saw, the 'chaperones' were doing anything but supervising the kids, maybe ensuring they'd come home alive, nothing more.

My DS is seven, and goes to bed by 7:30 at home. He gets a bit of leeway, but we try to keep him mostly on schedule even on holiday weekends. But in this hotel, at 9:30 there were kids racing up and down the halls like a stampede of elephants, shouting to their friends like they were outside, playing hockey in the hall. Around 9, a group of parents was having a meeting with their team in the hallway, loudly discussing what they wanted on their pizza for the next day. I was thinking, even if the kids don't know hotel etiquette, surely the chaperones should have? The walls are thin, you can easily hear every word. We contacted the front desk, they dispersed the crowd. DS was crabby, trying to get to sleep, wondering why these kids were so rude. Even at his age he knows you can't run down the halls yelling at any hour.

Around 10:30, we heard a knock on our door. We were already in bed; I went and peered out the peephole, it was a kid in a swimsuit. He knocked again when we didn't answer. My DH is not really an intimidating looking person, but big. He came to the door as I peeked. He's 6'5, he opened the door and the kid started to come in, then looked up, saw angry looking DH with his arms crossed, looking down at him. I said something like, "Maybe you should check the room number before you knock?" He didn't hear me, I had to laugh...He stood looking at DH for a second, and then ran away!

When we called the front desk in the night they were very much saying, "We're very sorry, we'll take care of it," and they did. We mentioned it again while checking out this morning. Staff were unapologetic, saying yes, they're loud, that's how we make our money in the off season, with these sports teams. We won't be staying there again!
    This thread is currently associated with: Via Rail

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

that was unfortunate....i've had that happen at another place before...no fun at all
    ....just be happy

Thread Information