User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: I had to show id for a coupon. Seriously?

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i went to shoppers drug mart at erin mills town center i had a coupon for a free covergirl product and the coupon had my name on it. When i was checking out the cashier asked for a picture id, i was thinking its just a coupon i'm not renewing my passport or anything. Then she refused to give me the recipt she said i am not giving u a recipt for something u didnt pay for. You cant return something u didnt buy. Who said i am returning i just like to see the total amount to 0.00 i want to frame it lol. Who cares i want my recipt to admire it, rude!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    salena likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I can understand why they would verify that the person who was named on the coupon is the person who was using it. But the refusal to give a receipt? Sounds like she was being petty. Even if you tried to return the item, which you didn't intend to, it would be pretty obvious that you hadn't paid cash or credit for it.
    cath007, mom3kids and momi like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

First time I heard a thing like that.But in another note..our facility store want us to show an id valid with picture when you are 25 years old or less even the law in QC for alcool and cigarettes is 18 years old.I get it was abusing before and dont want to get in trouble.I noticed that this year,maybe it is the same thing with your store or just a cashier rudness again.At least you got your free product,but I got free product coupons with my name on it,from a valid complaint and I have to purchase something because it was free,but no id to show....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

why they ask for ID? are u not allow to trade coupons or it might be given to you by a friend....i have never seen a FPC that had names on it that say it must be redeemed by the person named on this coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    why they ask for ID? are u not allow to trade coupons or it might be given to you by a friend....i have never seen a FPC that had names on it that say it must be redeemed by the person named on this coupon.
    Actually Cinpow, many coupons have fine print that says they are not transferrable....
    SFARAZ and i_love_to_save like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Actually Cinpow, many coupons have fine print that says they are not transferrable....
    o.....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

we need a receipt to walk out the store , so security knows we didn't steel it..... cashier must be new.

Quote Originally Posted by s.hamandi View Post
    i went to shoppers drug mart at erin mills town center i had a coupon for a free covergirl product and the coupon had my name on it. When i was checking out the cashier asked for a picture id, i was thinking its just a coupon i'm not renewing my passport or anything. Then she refused to give me the recipt she said i am not giving u a recipt for something u didnt pay for. You cant return something u didnt buy. Who said i am returning i just like to see the total amount to 0.00 i want to frame it lol. Who cares i want my recipt to admire it, rude!!
    Ciel and momi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Always asked for a receipt even if you paid nothing. I always tell them that I am going to the next store so I need the receipt as proof of purchase. They have to give me the receipt because I made a purchase and paid with coupon.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I ran into this some time ago in a Toronto SDM
    A receipt is your proof of purchase, even if paying by coupon. By not giving you a receipt, you could have been stopped by their security guard/loss prevention with no proof of having 'paid' for the item. You may also need a receipt if the item is faulty and you need proof of purchase etc
    Angela273, Bronwen, momi and 1 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    First time I heard a thing like that.But in another note..our facility store want us to show an id valid with picture when you are 25 years old or less even the law in QC for alcool and cigarettes is 18 years old.I get it was abusing before and dont want to get in trouble.I noticed that this year,maybe it is the same thing with your store or just a cashier rudness again.At least you got your free product,but I got free product coupons with my name on it,from a valid complaint and I have to purchase something because it was free,but no id to show....
    The law allows for this, you can't tell just by looking at a person if they are 18 (trust me, I know I was in bars well before I was 18 lol), so may stores say if you look under 25 they will ask for ID to prove you are over 18 - it isn't that you do have to be over 25, just a benchmark for people not to whine that they are asked and they are 19 or whatever. Legally, they could ask every single person for ID to buy booze/cigarettes (and my supervisor at work has been asked when he had a young looking employee with him for a business meeting and bought a bottle of wine for the employee to show ID even though the wine was a gift for the person he was meeting, because they thought he may be buying it for a minor)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i have also some printed coupons and they have my name on it...so when i am going to use them i had to had my id with me specially at sdm stores....hahaha
    sam786 likes this.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lori_ucb View Post
    we need a receipt to walk out the store , so security knows we didn't steel it..... cashier must be new.
    actually she was the supervisor. I have seen her before when i go in looking for new coupons. I got the coupon from p&g i bought foundation and it sucked didnt even cover anything. I emailed them to let them know and they sent me the coupon. i think the name on the coupon could be for the companies records to who thry gave it out too. I have had previous coupons with my name on it but this was a first.
    I can understand if i was buying cigarettes 100% they r responsible to make sure my dob is over 19 but a coupon seriously? relax. I was surprised she didnt want to give me a recipt i always get the recipt even if its a 0 total at shoppers she just wants to make up her own rules like many people r doing now a days

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Many shoppers in toronto wont give you the receipt when using fpc , if you are buying other things with the FPC they will give you the receipt, one time i told the supervisor what if the security person asked me about the receipt, she told she will take care of it, she says she needs it for some paper work, i know she was telling lie, but they never give the receipt, no point in arguing with them, they make their own rules

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

what if you walk into Rexall after SDM and their security stop you thinking you stole it? You are entitled to a receipt, they can get a reprint if they need it for their records
    ~ ~ ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    The not transferable on coupons refers to transfering the medium, not to giving the coupon to another person.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information