User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: I had to show id for a coupon. Seriously?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethjohn2005 View Post
    she says she needs it for some paper work, i know she was telling lie, but they never give the receipt, no point in arguing with them,
    She was NOT lying. They do need the receipt for their paperwork whenever there is a 0 dollar amount transaction. However she should have reprinted the receipt and kept the reprint for her paperwork.

Please do not assume cashiers are lying and making up their own rules. Trust me they don't want the paper any more than you want them to have it.
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Tue, May 7th, 2013 at 05:41 PM.
    anastasia1009 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Regardless of their reasoning, I would never walk out of a store with a product and no receipt, and if they wouldn't provide one, I'd make a big deal out of it. I'm not gonna be charged for shoplifting because someone didn't want to give me a receipt for a FPC.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

You need to report these people to the head office, there is so much competition these days with stores that they try and provide the best customer services and this person a supervisor to boot should know better she should not be allowed to get away with behaving this way, even if you were rude to her which I'm sure you were not she is support to still be professional.

Quote Originally Posted by s.hamandi View Post
    actually she was the supervisor. I have seen her before when i go in looking for new coupons. I got the coupon from p&g i bought foundation and it sucked didnt even cover anything. I emailed them to let them know and they sent me the coupon. i think the name on the coupon could be for the companies records to who thry gave it out too. I have had previous coupons with my name on it but this was a first.
    I can understand if i was buying cigarettes 100% they r responsible to make sure my dob is over 19 but a coupon seriously? relax. I was surprised she didnt want to give me a recipt i always get the recipt even if its a 0 total at shoppers she just wants to make up her own rules like many people r doing now a days
    momi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

OP, your receipt is your proof of having fulfilled your portion of the purchase/sale contract and must be given to you (or at least offered to you - some people don't want theirs, of course; that's up to them). If the cashier needs a copy for her paperwork, she has to reprint it and keep it. Her copy should be the one marked "duplicate" or "reprint", if applicable.

I had this problem once at an SDM (shortly after they switched the cashes over to the new system currently in place) and wrote to HO. They dealt with it, but seem to do so store-by-store on a complaint basis, not wholesale.

I've posted about the basics of the purchase and sale agreement elsewhere on SC, but bottom line, the receipt is yours if you want it no matter how you paid (and coupons can be exchanged, under specific conditions/circumstances, in lieu of money, so you have tendered payment, and therefore have completed the transaction), and anyone who tells you otherwise is full of crap.

I would take it up with HO or the store manager. The supervisor you dealt with is misinformed, at best.
    momi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Actually she WAS Lying, she told me that she need the orginal receipt and she was not just a cashier, she was a supervisor, i have worked as a supervisor of a retail store long before so i know the basic but like i said sometimes it is just easy to stop arguing with them and call the headoffice

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    She was NOT lying. They do need the for their paperwork whenever there is a 0 dollar amount transaction. However she should have reprinted the receipt and kept the reprint for her paperwork.

Please do not assume cashiers are lying and making up their own rules. Trust me they don't want the paper any more than you want them to have it.

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/365260-...ensure-canada/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The receipt thing is kinda weird, but I wouldn't think to take my receipt if it was for a FPC and that was the only thing I bought.
    The ID thing I've had happen to me before, I was never asked for government ID but just something with my name on it that matched the name on the coupon. I don't see a huge deal about it, I wouldn't hand over my id but just show that the names matched.
    Last edited by Lyssia510; Tue, May 7th, 2013 at 02:33 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I wouldn't give SDM any ID after one local to me was taking copies of ID if you bought a gift card using a bank/credit card, all those copies of ID just sitting by the cash all day - errr no thanks
    Jezebel, cath007 and cbnd29 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Whenever someone is snarky about asking for ID, I say "Sure!" with a big grin.....and hand over my firearms permit.

Heh. Small things amuse small minds.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    what if you walk into Rexall after SDM and their security stop you thinking you stole it? You are entitled to a receipt, they can get a reprint if they need it for their records
    or photocopy
    Last edited by Decaf; Tue, May 7th, 2013 at 05:50 PM.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    Whenever someone is snarky about asking for ID, I say "Sure!" with a big grin.....and hand over my firearms permit.

my roomie does that LOL
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post

remind me to take you with me next time I need something at Union SDM
    cath007 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    The not transferable on coupons refers to transfering the medium, not to giving the coupon to another person.
    The reason that a person's name is printed on the coupon is because it is issued for them specifically and is not to be transferred to someone else....i.e. non-transferrable.
    So many coupons....so little time!

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks everyone for ur feedback i will call head office tomorrow and see what they say to me and let u guys know what happened.
    cath007 likes this.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

she specifically asked for photo id i showed her my drivers license

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Pix: I would totally love that, bring it on!!

Jezebel: yeah, I'm sure it raises some eyebrows. In downtown Toronto, it's like you're showing them a unicorn you've just pulled out of your wallet or something. I had one person tell me I'd made it myself, there was no such thing (and why they made it that mauve-pink I'll never understand, it does kind of look odd...) because they'd scrapped the long gun registry.

I said, no, I'm pretty sure I still have to have it to have pistols (the long gun thing was beyond my patience for that day). And if I'd made it on my own, I definitely would have used a MUCH better picture of myself! LOL.
    Jezebel likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information