User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: FREE Oral B Toothbrush and Crest Toothpaste at Walmart - May 10 to May 16

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

I hate it when this happens in a way I consider it false advertising.....perhaps we should let Walmart know.

I went to my Walmart last night also and they didn't have any. The lady I spoke with said possibly getting it in next week....but as she said "whatever falls off the truck is what they get, they never know what is coming in".

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You should of asked for rain checks. That's what I do when they run out of stock.
    Cause I'm a princess thats why!!!

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dimaa View Post
    You should of asked for rain checks. That's what I do when they run out of stock.
    some people were told that the store was not gonna be handing out rain checks as per a previous post

Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Walmart don't carry these products, it's a special order only for this sale.. so why everyone are getting a rain check ??

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Ajax Wal-Mart has tons of toothpaste and about 15 toothbrushes left. They were in the center aisle together.... hopefully some of you can get some!
    PammieD likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just came back from Markham Walmart (Markvile). They had a bunch of toothbrushes and about half a shelf of toothpaste left. I was trying to get 12 toothbrushes but assistant manager limit 6.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

food basics has the toothpaste for 99 cents

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I too just returned from trying to find these items. I went to 4 different Wal-Marts (Newmarket, Aurora, Richmond Hill), and long story short, the same woman went to all of them and bought the ENTIRE stock of each store. I got the same response from each store; that this woman, with hundreds of free coupons, got the entire shipment. Well...clearly I am not impressed - both that this woman would be so greedy and inconsiderate, and that the store itself would not limit to reasonable numbers to ensure that their other customers can buy too and be kept happy. As an avid couponer, I can understand when a great deal comes up, but to literally buy EVERYTHING and leave nothing for anyone else is just rude. Being specialty items (size, etc) brought it for this sale, the likelihood of more coming in to stock is not great (as per what I was told at each Wal-Mart). I know most couponers are respectful and want everyone to benefit, but clearly, others are not. Here's to keeping my fingers crossed that i'll find a store to use my rain-check at......
    C.RoyCanada likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KJ88 View Post
    I too just returned from trying to find these items. I went to 4 different Wal-Marts (Newmarket, Aurora, Richmond Hill), and long story short, the same woman went to all of them and bought the ENTIRE stock of each store. I got the same response from each store; that this woman, with hundreds of free coupons, got the entire shipment. Well...clearly I am not impressed - both that this woman would be so greedy and inconsiderate, and that the store itself would not limit to reasonable numbers to ensure that their other customers can buy too and be kept happy. As an avid couponer, I can understand when a great deal comes up, but to literally buy EVERYTHING and leave nothing for anyone else is just rude. Being specialty items (size, etc) brought it for this sale, the likelihood of more coming in to stock is not great (as per what I was told at each Wal-Mart). I know most couponers are respectful and want everyone to benefit, but clearly, others are not. Here's to keeping my fingers crossed that i'll find a store to use my rain-check at......
    Shouldn't even really call people that buy more than 50 a couponer. At that amount, the person is almost certainly buying them for resale either via her storefront or via ebay/craigslist/kijiji.

Just doing some simple guesstimate math:

-If at each store she was able to get fifty toothbrushes, a total of two hundred.
    -If everyone who will be using these toothbrushes changes the brush every three months.
    -If each person gets one free toothbrush at every six month checkup at the dentist.

She has enough toothbrushes:

-For herself: 100 years
    -For a couple: 50 years
    -For a family of three: 33.3 years
    -For a family of four: 25 years
    -For a family of five: 20 years
    -For a family of six: 16.6 years
    -For a family of seven: 14.3 years
    -For a family of eight: 12.5 years

Get where I'm going? She clearly was buying them for resale. Their is no possible way that she was purchasing them for herself, a family, or heck even an extended family.
    Last edited by SmartConsumer; Sat, May 11th, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
    mothu, C.RoyCanada and acosta like this.

Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmartConsumer View Post
    Shouldn't even really call people that buy more than 50 a couponer. At that amount, the person is almost certainly buying them for resale either via her storefront or via ebay/craigslist/kijiji.

That is just a disgusting greedy hoarder!!!
    C.RoyCanada likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    652 (100%)

I wish to have that lucky, My WM limit of 6, but I didn't find any
    TL & WL : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/399761-...hicken-canada/

LF $4 Genie Diaper REfill, $5,$10,$15 of any Similac or a Similac Mom, $5 Glucerna,

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Before you judge. The toothpaste and toothbrushes may not have been for her personal use. How about her local food bank? Womens shelter? Clearly you are assuming that she got the toothpaste and toothbrushes for resale. However, you did not put the possibly of her donating it. Just putting that out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartConsumer View Post

Just doing some simple guesstimate math:

-If at each store she was able to get fifty toothbrushes, a total of two hundred.
    -If everyone who will be using these toothbrushes changes the brush every three months.
    -If each person gets one free toothbrush at every six month checkup at the dentist.

She has enough toothbrushes:

-For herself: 100 years
    -For a couple: 50 years
    -For a family of three: 33.3 years
    -For a family of four: 25 years
    -For a family of five: 20 years
    -For a family of six: 16.6 years
    -For a family of seven: 14.3 years
    -For a family of eight: 12.5 years

Get where I'm going? She clearly was buying them for resale. Their is no possible way that she was purchasing them for herself, a family, or heck even an extended family.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponingrocksxD View Post
    Before you judge. The toothpaste and toothbrushes may not have been for her personal use. How about her local food bank? Womens shelter? Clearly you are assuming that she got the toothpaste and toothbrushes for resale. However, you did not put the possibly of her donating it. Just putting that out there.
    I can certainly appreciate someone who donates to local charities as supplies are definitely needed/appreciated, but this was just extreme. I would think that if someone were planning to donate, and get as many as possible by clearing out the entire stock of many stores (at least the 4 I visited), they could work with management (aware of the intent to donate) to have them bring in special stock besides the normal amounts ordered for all shoppers to benefit from a great price.

Regardless of intent, good hearted or not, I do not think it is fair to leave everyone else completely empty handed.
    emma008, C.RoyCanada and azevedo like this.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Lots of both at my store (Rochdale for locals wondering). Toothpaste was down the isle but unmarked and the toothbrushes in in a middle isle display. Got 3 brushes and 6 paste.

Lady at the till behind me was smiling giving me a "well done" look when the cashier and I were talking about WM paying me to walk out with these free products!!!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information