User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Boy did I look stupid today..........

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I apologize if i'm rambling all over the place, I just got back and had to share this.

So, I went to my local SDM after hearing that Clear shampoo is on sale for 3.99. (I didn't see it advertised in flyers but a SC mentioned it in the Bragging section.)
    I brought with me the B1G1 coupon since I don't know where people received the $3.00 off coupons. As a side note, I have used this coupon before with no problems.

Anyways, I had printed it not too long ago, and the top of the coupon says Expires: 12/31/2013. Also it has the date 12/31/2013 all along the corners in tiny font.

Well low and behold, I go and pick up some Clear shampoo and ran into a major issue that made me look like a terrible couponer.
    I did not read the FULL coupon because I had in the past, and had no problems in the past. So when I brought it to the cashier she looked at me funny and thought I was scamming them.
    In fine print, the coupon says Expires April 15/2013.
    She still went to ask her manager, just to be fair since the top says December and I obviously didn't tamper with the coupon. But I ended up just leaving the Clear shampoo (Which probably made me look even worse .. but I had already felt so crummy about the coupon)

In this case it's more so the fault of the company than mine for printing out the faulty coupon. Do you agree or disagree?

ADDED PICTURE BELOW:
    Name:  photo (3).jpg
Views: 871
Size:  79.4 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by paciad; Wed, May 8th, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
    vesper likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

wow l wouldn't of looked there either
    KAT_5998 and paciad like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had this happen with a cool whip printable. I contacted the company & said they didn't know what they could do for me :-p I believe it was a smart source printable. I feel bad for you. I realized the printing error before I ever tried to use it.
    paciad likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by deskittles View Post
    I had this happen with a cool whip printable. I contacted the company & said they didn't know what they could do for me :-p I believe it was a smart source printable. I feel bad for you. I realized the printing error before I ever tried to use it.
    funny this was a smartsource coupon as well. If I remember correctly, the coupon initially was supposed to expire April 15th. Then, they reinstated the coupon, but for the rest of the year. Correct me if i'm wrong here anyone..

So if that's the case, they just did a boo-boo and forgot to change the wording in the fine print. Still, it made me look like a fool for using a faulty coupon.

I wonder if I contact smartsource what they would do about it.
    Or would it be better to contact Clear Shampoo?
    Last edited by paciad; Wed, May 8th, 2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Typo

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would contact smart source. When I had the problem with the Cool Whip I contacted Kraft & they thought I was daft, lol! I hope you can get a replacement.
    paciad likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Not your fault however embarassing none the less
    wolfwoman and paciad like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'll have to look more closely at my Smartsource printables from now on.

As a side note, I have a coupon for something-or-other from Canadian Living that expires June 31st.
    For those that don't want to think about it, there are only 30 days in June.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post

As a side note, I have a coupon for something-or-other from Canadian Living that expires June 31st.
    Notice that a lot with many coupons.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

UPDATE: I have contacted SmartSource, and this is the reply I received. VERY generic and doesn't even seem to answer anything.

Dear Customer,
    Thank you for contacting us.
    If this happens with all the SmartSource coupons you try to print, you may not have enough processing memory to produce our hi-resolution coupons. Try printing one coupon at a time.If this happens with only some coupons, please email us and tell us which specific offer it was so we can investigate.
    Please feel free to reply if you have any additional questions.
    Sincerely,
    SmartSource Coupons Support

Below is my original message:
    Dear SmartSource representative,
    I recently printed the 'Buy 1 Get 1 Free Clear Scalp and Hair Beauty Therapy product'
    The coupon states two different expiry dates, and I have been unable to redeem the coupon.
    At the top, it states Expiry: 12/31/2013. In addition in the small text along the border it also states the expiry being 12/31/13.
    In the fine print however, the expiry date is April 15/2013.
    Can this be fixed, and furthermore can I be informed of the change so that I can take part in the Buy 1 Get 1 opportunity.
    Thanks.

Last edited by paciad; Wed, May 8th, 2013 at 08:38 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It is my understanding that companies pay big bucks to use couponing sites where we get coupons from. I would try the shampoo company and let them know that they are not being represented well (in a nice way of course).
    paciad likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This happened last year with either a Glade or Air Wick Coupon where the two dates did not match. There was a great sale on (giving you an overage if you had this coupon) and a lot of people went to use these coupons only yo discover there were 2 expiry dates and these coupons were expired.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

SECOND UPDATE: I contacted the Clear company, lets hope they send me a better response than SmartSource.
    Ciel, deskittles and newtosave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wouldn't be embarassed by this. You didn't make the coupon with 2 different dates on it, and honestly a lot of people would have done the same thing as you. I don't think I would have noticed the 2nd date either. I hope you get a good response.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

yes smartsource isn't very much help I have found. Many times I have had issues where a new coupon will be released and it will claim I already printed the max prints despite that fact that I am the only one in my home who uses MY computer and MY printer (the only computer and printer in the house).

Good luck on that though, let us know of the outcome.

Hate companies that do generic replies that aren't even close to what you originally emailed about.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post

I've seen September 31 coupons expiry date too.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information