User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Tonight I was going to a focus group, I got called about a week ago. For those who don't know what they are, you get paid for discussing whatever topic they have on. There's a facilitator, sometimes there's people watching the room from a room behind a mirrored wall.

So I'm there in the waiting area with seven other women, we fill in a bit of paperwork. Then they came up and said they're going to call your name, and you go into the room to get started. They called six, myself and one other lady were left behind. They overbooked to ensure they had enough people, so we got paid the $75 cash, and were told we could go home. Score!

This is actually the third time this has happened to me! I don't mind the focus groups, they're kind of interesting discussions really, but to get the cash for about 15 minutes of my time, no work, woohoo!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

OMG thats awsome! How did you find out about the focus group?
    Last edited by Binky5; Thu, May 9th, 2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: cant spell!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I got on a list somehow, must have been years ago. From time to time they call me to participate - you answer some preliminary questions first to ensure you're in the demographic they want, buy the product they're talking about, etc. and if you qualify, they invite you to come to their facility and participate in a discussion for a couple hours. Normally there's sandwiches and water/pop/juice before you start, last night there were cookies instead of sandwiches, I guess because it started at 7:30.

Thread Information