User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: Dont hate me because i save money and u dont.......

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    I have a suggestion....I think stores(like W Supercentres)should have 2 or so cash out areas dedicated solely to PM & Couponning especially during peak times.They should be well trained,courteous & patient. This I believe would relieve everyone's stress(the cashier who hates to do it & the customer in line who isn't doing PM etc & have no patience).Since us couponners know that the process can be time consuming,no biggy for us either...we may just find a new friend. I will suggest this to WM store mgmt on next visit & WM HO. U feeling me? What do my fellow SC think?
    Great idea.
    oscarandme and Shirnette like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Some people are crazy, more than 1 cashier are open & they insisted to complain behind you. I had a experience in loblaws once that I had 14 products (all with a coupon) on the conveyor belt. I placed each coupon on op of the each product. The old couple behind me started picked up the coupons & threw them aside like garbage while the cashier was canning the 4th products & reading on the coupons.
    oscarandme likes this.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They had all the registers open and all the checkouts open. Shr was stuck behind thr one i was at for some reason.
    Good idea Shirnette something to consider
    oscarandme and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

After listening the the lady groaning behind me as I was leaving I told her "enjoy paying retail.......I didn't"

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by emmafb View Post
    Some people are crazy, more than 1 cashier are open & they insisted to complain behind you. I had a experience in loblaws once that I had 14 products (all with a coupon) on the conveyor belt. I placed each coupon on op of the each product. The old couple behind me started picked up the coupons & threw them aside like garbage while the cashier was canning the 4th products & reading on the coupons.

Thus if they have dedicated lanes, that couple would/should be in a different line.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by emmafb View Post
    ...definattly a deranged illness mental person...huh..lets face it with the cost of the life more people are open to coupons,,,in my mind it is the people who dont use them that act like a fool.....no? Cashier are more open of that because they dont have the choice,people should do the same...respect the others...she want to get off on all off the coupon in the world or what hahha...

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Thus if they have dedicated lanes, that couple would/should be in a different line.
    The perfect case lol!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I wonder why the older lady was out shopping on a busy day... It's always funny to me that the retired folks (in my own family as well) decide to go to Superstore or Costco to do their shopping on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon -- or right as people are stopping in at the store on the rush home from work!

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

she told me i shouldnt shop on a saturday i should of told her the same thing.
    Not to be rude but she isnt paying my bills and feeding my family, I feel as a stay at home mom i also need to provide for my family now a days 100 on shopping for 4 people is nothing but now with couponing and pming i can stretch my dollar as muchas possible
    cath007 and GeorgiaK like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I remember a couple of years ago when I was doing price match and using coupons at Walmart. The cashier had no problems with me. It was the lady behind me. She was complaining that what I was doing was wrong and using too many coupons. She was talking so loud that everyone in every line was looking at me. She made a point to make sure that all attention was aimed at me. Then she was huffing and puffing and saying she was in a hurry. When it came to pay, I paid cash. My wallet was filled with loose change. So I started with pennies. I put one down, looked at her, put another one down, looked at her, etc. Tooked a glance at the cashier and she was trying not to laugh, lol. Took a while for me to count, but at the end, I got my satisfaction because I knew she was having a conniption, lol.
    good job!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

As my husband says about difficult people - luckily you only had to put up with her for a short period of time - she has to live with herself being miserable ALL the time! Good work making your family budget stretch!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a suggestion....I think stores(like W Supercentres)should have 2 or so cash out areas dedicated solely to PM & Couponning especially during peak times.They should be well trained,courteous & patient. This I believe would relieve everyone's stress(the cashier who hates to do it & the customer in line who isn't doing PM etc & have no patience).Since us couponners know that the process can be time consuming,no biggy for us either...we may just find a new friend. I will suggest this to WM store mgmt on next visit & WM HO. U feeling me? What do my fellow SC think?
    I may be in the minority here, but I actually would not prefer a dedicated checkout or two for those wishing to price-match or coupon. Customers who are price-matching and using coupons are customers, just like any others - the only thing that differs is their form of payment. I'm not a fan of segregation. I like to coupon and I like to price-match, and I do everything I can to make sure my checkout goes smoothly relatively fast; that shouldn't mean that I'm limited to one or two checkout lines. Odds are, the lines for these one or two lines would be outrageous, since more and more people are price-matching and using coupons. My want to save money shouldn't mean that my trip to the grocery store should take hours, especially when I'm doing all that I can to make the process simpler and easier for myself, the cashier, and other customers.

I do wish some people who choose to price-match were more organized and didn't resort to flipping through their flyers in an attempt to locate the ad for the product they're trying to price-match. Having that done before cashing out would be great. But, I accept that I can't control other customers and it's not worth getting upset over a checkout that takes a little more time, when it's simply out of my hands. Never would I resort to glaring at/mouthing off at other customers. It is not my place, and frankly, it's rude. Too bad others believe they have the right to not only judge, but also air their grievances publicly.
    Last edited by Aimz; Sun, May 12th, 2013 at 06:51 PM.

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good grief the world is filled with all kinds of people some are so rude while others are so generous etc....

Sorry you had to endure this verbal abuse while out shopping and using coupons/price matching!
    cath007 and oscarandme like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i think they should open 2 or 3 cash registers just for price matching and couponing,i think this way the others who are not price matching or couponing go to other cash registers,by this way i think nobody will try to mess up with a couponer.
    momi and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I'm sorry you had to go through that, we the same thing happen to us today, older couple too and what a miserable couple. They were getting the poor cahier all flustered and it messed-up our order with our PM, coupons and everything. And I wa a little flustered too and I walked back and said I'm sorry for the delay of a few minutes because that was all it was and they said what are you doing using coupons on a day like today and I said well I happened to glance at what you had and as a responsible couponer I would like to offer some for your time BUT I WON'T.....and walked away. This was one of the worst ones so far since I have been seriously couponing since January and you know what there are no clever remearks to say I have realised today. The next time I will just say, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Maybe I am getting coupon burn-out as I mentionned to an SC-member friend. We are there to shop, not drive-thru. You have the time to shop, you have the time to wait. Pick another lane when you see it is taking a little while and as much as you try and warn them you still get the look the attitude. I think we are being too nice an apologetic for be the wiser, more educated consumer and our money is just as good as theirs and our time is just as precious as theirs.

I think couponing came into my life for me to stop finally at 51 to stop being a doormat. We are not doing anything illegal and as long as you are organized, responisble in the wording, expiry dates and respect is shown to the cashier when explaining and presenting coupons with items and flyers, you have nothing to apologize for. I present imy shopping order in a manner that I would like it if I were a cashier and all the cashiers tell me, you are so organized it is a pleasure to process your order not like others who scour their purses for the coupons while they are at the cash and people are waiting.

Next time: MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!!! or my husbands' favorite, heres' a quarter, call someone who cares...

Let's try not to care so much about what people think (I know it will be hard, I wil try too) and you are the one who saved a bunch of money for all the hard work you did planning your trip and worked hard as well to pay for your balance owed too.

I like what MrsMer wrote,have fun paying retail...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information