User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: Dont hate me because i save money and u dont.......

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Why would you talk to the manager about another customer? There's nothing he can or should do.
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ha! So now you need other customers' permision to go shopping? Just think, if the lady had gone to another line it would've taken less time than coming up to complain to you. Some people see the need to complain about everything.

Keep your head high. A customer is a customer, no matter what day of the week you go. Besides, is there ever a non-peak period at Walmart? Always bursting with people. Just remember the lady behind you smiling
    SavenRaven, KAT_5998, momi and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicolthepickle View Post
    Why would you talk to the manager about another customer? There's nothing he can or should do.
    i went to thr manager and told him what happened just incase the customer also went to complain they have my story too.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by s.hamandi View Post
    the lady behind me was fine, she was the one behind her.....she made the effert to walk around people becuase it was busy all the way to the front to speak her mind!
    I would have taken the opportunity to say to her something like, "Enjoy the rest of your day and remember to smile...."
    s.hamandi and Shirnette like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

your story sounds familiar to a lot of us. A while back an older man behind me who had to made some comments about my coupons, meanwhile there were alot of other lines free where he could have easily gone. Some just have to go out of their way to be unpleasant. Don't let it stop you. I've also gotten alot of pleasant comments from both cashiers and other customers. You saved $$ and that grouch didnt.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i am pretty sure a lot of us have been through this.....but i know my fellow scers will have my back

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Horrible! Shame on that old lady!

My strategy is to try not to turn towards to line to see their glares.. I find I'm a lot more calm and less affected if I ignore them entirely.
    s.hamandi likes this.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

usually when i am at checkout i just do my thing and get out, mind my own buisness but she was out with a mission and somehow i became her target

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    I have a suggestion....I think stores(like W Supercentres)should have 2 or so cash out areas dedicated solely to PM & Couponning especially during peak times.They should be well trained,courteous & patient. This I believe would relieve everyone's stress(the cashier who hates to do it & the customer in line who isn't doing PM etc & have no patience).Since us couponners know that the process can be time consuming,no biggy for us either...we may just find a new friend. I will suggest this to WM store mgmt on next visit & WM HO. U feeling me? What do my fellow SC think?
    Shirnette,

It has been a while since I have been around, just too busy to surf on the net. However, I noticed what you said about stores like WM having a dedicated line for Coupons and Pm'ing. IMO they do not have to do that. People who are shopping have to learn to take a chill pill when they are waiting in line at checkouts. Stores do have more then one checkout at pretty well every store at every time! If you don't want to be waiting than don't, go find another one!

I have never had problems with couponing or PM'ing, but then again, I don't do it much anyore!
    oscarandme, KAT_5998 and Shirnette like this.
    Missing my Best Friend since 1971. RIP Lynda (1947-2012)

Have Questions About Internet Marketing? ASK ME!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If the line is too long, I use that time to reassess if I really need what I'm buying. I walked out numerous times from the store because the line was taking way too long. Unless I absolutely need something, I'm not waiting in a line to buy it. It's the store's fault for losing my business, and I didn't spend my money on something I didn't need.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

watch the "old" lol

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

What??? Oh that would not have gone down well. I am one of the kindest people you will ever meet but stuff like this...what di you do? say?

Quote Originally Posted by emmafb View Post
    Some people are crazy, more than 1 cashier are open & they insisted to complain behind you. I had a experience in loblaws once that I had 14 products (all with a coupon) on the conveyor belt. I placed each coupon on op of the each product. The old couple behind me started picked up the coupons & threw them aside like garbage while the cashier was canning the 4th products & reading on the coupons.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    I wonder why the older lady was out shopping on a busy day... It's always funny to me that the retired folks (in my own family as well) decide to go to Superstore or Costco to do their shopping on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon -- or right as people are stopping in at the store on the rush home from work!
    LOL! I think i fall into the old lady catagory because im in my 60`s. BUT, i usually go grocery shopping early in the morning, and i mean early. Im usually in the grocery store by 8:30 am. I dont feel like waiting in line for 20 minutes with stressed out people. Dont get me wrong. I have nothing against people with Young kids doing grocery shopping. I just dont need the stress. I can focus on my coupons and price matching. Same thing goes for shopping at Costco. Im there Saturday morning waiting for the doors to open. Less people, less stress.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimz View Post
    I may be in the minority here, but I actually would not prefer a dedicated checkout or two for those wishing to price-match or coupon. Customers who are price-matching and using coupons are customers, just like any others - the only thing that differs is their form of payment. I'm not a fan of segregation. I like to coupon and I like to price-match, and I do everything I can to make sure my checkout goes smoothly relatively fast; that shouldn't mean that I'm limited to one or two checkout lines. Odds are, the lines for these one or two lines would be outrageous, since more and more people are price-matching and using coupons. My want to save money shouldn't mean that my trip to the grocery store should take hours, especially when I'm doing all that I can to make the process simpler and easier for myself, the cashier, and other customers.

I do wish some people who choose to price-match were more organized and didn't resort to flipping through their flyers in an attempt to locate the ad for the product they're trying to price-match. Having that done before cashing out would be great. But, I accept that I can't control other customers and it's not worth getting upset over a checkout that takes a little more time, when it's simply out of my hands. Never would I resort to glaring at/mouthing off at other customers. It is not my place, and frankly, it's rude. Too bad others believe they have the right to not only judge, but also air their grievances publicly.
    I was at Maxi & Cie the other day with my price matching and a bunch of coupons. I had have my groceries on the belt already. A man came up behind me with some stuff and i told him it would take some time because i was price matching and using coupons. Surprisingly enough, he said he wasnt in any hurry so it didnt matter how long i took. Kinda made my day.
    ottawa, cath007, Aimz and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I have never had a bad experience like this, knock on wood, but I did laugh when I read the original post and pictured an old lady telling me to go home and cut coupons! It's a funny insult! I would have said "I will, *&^%$!!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information