User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Spend points get points back coupon

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I have participated in the past two bonus redemptions. I am thinking they are being sent to those who have redeemed recently? I could be wrong. I have also had coupons come later than other SCers before. I was surprised when I hadn't seen it posted already, usually another SCer has already done so, perhaps I was just an early receiver (not that the coupon has a long shelf life though???) p.s. The $100 16,000 point coupons annoy me, they aren't as good as a 20X points day and take over a month to apply to the account!
    I totally agree! I can get over 10000 pts spending well under $50 on 20x days by combining coupons, BP offers etc.
    Granger and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    In Ontario you DO NOT receive points on prescriptions. And for reference sake, you cannot earn any type of bonus on prescriptions (air miles, optimum points, etc.).

From the Ontario College of Pharmacists (notice point 3 where it says you can use credit cards with loyalty programs already attached):

http://www.ocpinfo.com/client/ocp/OC...Program+Policy

Policy on Loyalty Points Programs,
    effective July 1, 2004

1. Bonus points, loyalty points or air miles may not be awarded on prescriptions, prescription services, or other professional services related to the practice of pharmacy in Ontario.

2. Points may not be redeemed, or used as legal tender, for the purchase of prescriptions.

3. Prescriptions, prescription services, or other professional pharmacy services may be paid by a major credit card that is linked to awards, loyalty points or air miles through special agreements with financial institutions, except where directly or indirectly, a special gift, bonus, or other inducement is offered for prescriptions, prescription services or other professional pharmacy services.

4. This policy does not affect the College’s current position respecting pharmacies and parking charges. Pharmacies that reimburse parking charges (for a client who is having a prescription filled) are not in violation of current regulations (professional misconduct), as long as such reimbursement is not advertised.
    Granger and luckbealady like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well. it doesnt appear the coupon is sent out regional (though maybe not to quebec?)
    also I havent really bought anything at shoppers last.. 2 months..
    however I do spend quite a bit at shoppers. and I do have enough points to redeem.
    so perhaps its sent out to thouse who have enough points to redeem (as of whenever they printed the coupon)
    Perhaps also only sent out to thouse who have higher spendings at shoppers..

regardless i really like this coupon, to me its much more valuable than a bonus redemption, as on bonus redemptions the sales tend not to be as good.
    Granger likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wish I would have got this. The coupons I got from them on Thursday were just get 16000 bonus points for spending $100, yawn. I was really hoping they would do the $200 redemption for 80,000 points in June again, so I hope this offer isn't instead of that if I've missed out on the coupon for it.
    Granger likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Darn...I didn't get it...got lotsa points that need spending.I am in Winnipeg if anyone has one they want to spare???
    Granger likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    Can I ask everyone who got one do you have alot of points? could that be why some of us with not many points aren't get any? and do you get points for presciptions?
    i have a pretty good points bank but didn't receive this coupon....in fact, i never get them
    Granger likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have over 220000 points and I received one. I have not redeemed my points in a long time. Like a year or more ago.
    Granger likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Sounds like a nice coupon to have received as you get to choose when you redeem them!

I for one have liked getting the Spend $100 get 16 or 18k points ... crazy - maybe? But I use it when they have the other promotions like the Double double where you get the $10 TH and $10 SDM cards .... they can be used with those offers as they aren't "optimum points offers" (ie. if you go into SDM and spend $75 you don't need to use your optimum card to get the other GCs ). So if I can use the coup to get $20 in Pts plus $20 in GC and if it's for stuff that I need then I'm good with that
    Giving-Small and Granger like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    Sounds like a nice coupon to have received as you get to choose when you redeem them!

I for one have liked getting the Spend $100 get 16 or 18k points ... crazy - maybe? But I use it when they have the other promotions like the Double double where you get the $10 TH and $10 SDM cards .... they can be used with those offers as they aren't "optimum points offers" (ie. if you go into SDM and spend $75 you don't need to use your optimum card to get the other GCs ). So if I can use the coup to get $20 in Pts plus $20 in GC and if it's for stuff that I need then I'm good with that
    Great point. Thanks for sharing your strategy with us all!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post

Those coupons used to be good to combine but this year whenever I receive those coupons, it is printed on that not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points promo or promotional card offer. Maybe yours doesn't have that fine print
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    Those coupons used to be good to combine but this year whenever I receive those coupons, it is printed on that not to be used in conjunction with any other Shoppers Optimum Points promo or promotional card offer. Maybe yours doesn't have that fine print
    This is why I had never tried. Thought maybe I did not read the fine print closely enough. Thanks for your post. Remember to read the fine print everyone and take advantage when it lets you and pout when it doesn't!
    Last edited by Granger; Sun, May 19th, 2013 at 08:40 AM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    In Ontario you DO NOT receive points on prescriptions. And for reference sake, you cannot earn any type of bonus on prescriptions (air miles, optimum points, etc.).

From the Ontario College of Pharmacists (notice point 3 where it says you can use credit cards with loyalty programs already attached):

http://www.ocpinfo.com/client/ocp/OC...Program+Policy

Policy on Loyalty Points Programs,
    effective July 1, 2004

1. Bonus points, loyalty points or air miles may not be awarded on prescriptions, prescription services, or other professional services related to the practice of pharmacy in Ontario.

2. Points may not be redeemed, or used as legal tender, for the purchase of prescriptions.

3. Prescriptions, prescription services, or other professional pharmacy services may be paid by a major credit card that is linked to awards, loyalty points or air miles through special agreements with financial institutions, except where directly or indirectly, a special gift, bonus, or other inducement is offered for prescriptions, prescription services or other professional pharmacy services.

4. This policy does not affect the College’s current position respecting pharmacies and parking charges. Pharmacies that reimburse parking charges (for a client who is having a prescription filled) are not in violation of current regulations (professional misconduct), as long as such reimbursement is not advertised.
    But what about paying with SDM GC?
    Granger likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pdaaat View Post
    But what about paying with SDM GC?
    That was just in regards to earning points on prescriptions in Ontario.
    I don't know Shoppers policy on buying prescriptions with gift cards.
    Granger likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Oh i would LOVE to get one one the spend points get points back coupons! I got the spend 100$ and get 16000 pts --- nice offer but its SOO hard to get to 100$ there so i doubt i'll be able to use it. if anyone wont be using theirs pm me i'd love to trade the 16,000 pts wus100$ or other coupons for it !
    Granger likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can pay with a GC in Ontario.
    Granger likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information