• 2 Post By Lyssia510
  • 2 Post By acosta
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By SassyAshley
  • 1 Post By RSAS

Thread: RCSS-Wrong Price Again

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

A few weeks ago I went to RCSS(Brampton) & on two occasions ,signs were either left up after the sale had ended or items didnt ring up correctly. I scored free products as a result but I realized in one instance, after we had left store & had to turn around and go back to store to resolve problem.

Well, guess what ? Just my luck that I went today only bcuz they had Heinz baby food on sale so I figure I'd just PM Licks Burgers,Janes Strips ,Chapmans novelties from Freschco,6x710 ml Pepsi from FB.I picked up several Degree deodorant @ $1.49 ea and a young lady approached me & asked if she could me find what I was looking for. Told her not really but wanted to confirm if there was limit on Degree & she said since the other person said no then so it is .I asked if she was a mystery shopper or if she worked there as she wasn't in uniform. ..she stTed she worked there and she helps customers find stuff..I then moved over to hand soap section & she asked again, I said no but showed her an awesome deal I found, Lysol No TouchSystem had sign below for $7.47 & I had a coupon for $5...It felt like Christmas in May getting all good prices overall..Went to pay & though I tried to redeem PC points for $20 off my bill, they were having technical issues so the CS mgr gave me extra points for bags(nice gesture)....Left store feeling happy esp bcuz I'm always seeing diaper brags & finally got one Jumbo Huggies reg $13.99, instore for $10 & i used $3 coupon Zone(expiring May 17), hence i only paid $7.99..

Let's say it's habitual for me to review my receipts at home before filing them, in case I overlook something . I sure did. The Lysol for which I should have paid $2.47 is staring at me for 14.99.Caled store & they confirmed the sale ended & sign left up inadvertently..Took name & advised I'll be back for resolution tomorrow...that's a pain in the derrière but I'll be getting a $14.99 product for free..My fault for not catching it but was so preoccupied to get home & relieve DH from DS so he could snooze a bit b4 going to work. T his store has Customer Service I find but they are notorious for sign/pricing issues IMO...How many of you have overlooked pricing errors and had to return to store? It must be baby brain
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Huggies, Lick's, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Shwa Girl and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've overlooked them.

Two instances stand out in my mind:
    1. Superstore PM pizzas to a Food Basics flyer, and she actually rang them in $1 higher than the PM.
    2. Giant Tiger, bought 4 loaves of bread and a couple of other things. Thought the total was high, but I wasn't paying much attention to prices. Turns out they charged me for 5 loaves.

Unfortunately I never think to look at the store, as I get a ride into the city and I'm always rushing so my ride isn't left waiting. And it's a 20+ minute drive to go back once I'm home (I only shop once a week). So more often than not I don't go back for resolution. It would cost more in gas than what I'd get back.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    I've overlooked them.

Two instances stand out in my mind:
    1. Superstore PM pizzas to a Food Basics flyer, and she actually rang them in $1 higher than the PM.
    2. Giant Tiger, bought 4 loaves of bread and a couple of other things. Thought the total was high, but I wasn't paying much attention to prices. Turns out they charged me for 5 loaves.

Unfortunately I never think to look at the store, as I get a ride into the city and I'm always rushing so my ride isn't left waiting. And it's a 20+ minute drive to go back once I'm home (I only shop once a week). So more often than not I don't go back for resolution. It would cost more in gas than what I'd get back.
    I think you should still call & have them log it so that upon your next visit, they could apply those credits to your purchase...not fair for them to be getting your hard earned $$... The markup on products is very high they shouldn't get any more.
    Last edited by Shirnette; Fri, May 17th, 2013 at 04:54 PM.
    oscarandme likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I over look them all the time. Especially at Superstore because I'm too busy trying to bag my groceries while the cashier is ringing things through. I always realize it after I get home and never want to pack the kids up to go get fixed. I wish Superstore had baggers like Zerhs does, so much easier to make sure things scan properly when you aren't preoccupied with bagging groceries.
    Last edited by Lyssia510; Fri, May 17th, 2013 at 09:28 PM.
    oscarandme and Shirnette like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Happened to me today.
    I went to SDM and bought the Swiffter Dust and Shine product.
    On sale for $2 and I had a $1.50 coupon. I also bought Green works and some candles. The total came up higher than I expected but thought it was all the tax. Once I got into my car, I looked over the receipt and couldn't find an error.
    Looked it over again when I was parked and still didn't see it.
    Then it hit me... she only took off $1 off instead of $1.50.
    oscarandme and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    Let's say it's habitual for me to review my receipts at home before filing them, in case I overlook something . I sure did.
    I review the receipt in the store near the cash, before leaving. Too many mistakes have happened. I am getting SCOP at RCSS at least once every other month now.
    Shirnette likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I always check my receipts especially after I was at Shopper's and got charged for cosmetics I did not buy. When I showed the cashier even she said you only bought cleaning supplies. Right away I knew my total was too high but they were pushing me along to clear the line so I stepped aside looked over my receipt and found items I did not buy.

As well many times at RCSS on No Tax Days I have been charged tax or my clearance items don't get the 50% taken off So I always check now.
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I think we all have been burned so many times. As long as we do catch it. I know when DH always did the shopping before this January he would stand at the cash and look everything over and we both stand there after loading the belt and i go and pack the bags and he stands there and watches the prices and we still would find mistakes. Now that I have started couponing the roles are reversed. We get the receipt and I sit in the car and before we leave, I review. It is a pain though. It's those taxes too sometimes that kick it up to a level you did not expect and you think to yourself it must be the taxes. But sometimes we are right and it was a mistake.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Sat, May 18th, 2013 at 12:13 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

I was at superstore today and had the wrong price ring up on one item and then on my bread, the multi-buy didn't ring up properly. I told the cashier that I didn't think that price was right and she looks at her screen and says "that;s what it says" and points.... urrrmmm.... I asked for a price check and when it was confirmed that I was right, the supervisor just changes the price to the proper price and starts to walk away. I said umm should that actually be free with SCOP?? She says "oh sure" and just voids all the items at the wrong price. Great, so I get my stuff for free, but it looks like I'm stealing it because its not on the receipt and now your inventory will be messed up....

Always, always check your receipts! I have had to go back to customer service many many times to have something fixed.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I looked over my receipt while waiting for technical issue fix & manager was calling tech support...just thought I had too much on my mind or my vision is going so I missed it.The good things I'll be doing some PM from SDM & use cpns for Bush's beans & Baby Ray BBQ sauce.

Thread Information