User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: can you believe that....(walmart)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i was at walmart today located at heartland centre and wanted to use my coupon buy one glad room spray refill and get the room spray starter kit free.the cashier was little confused she called the manager and the manager said where does it says thats its the starter kit can you just believe that almost half an hour she hold my transaction and said it does not say on the product its the room spray starter kit,it says room automatic room spray but it also should say starter kit.i told her its the same thats showing in the picture but she kept saying no i cannot.she said i can give you the refill free but not this whole product,i dont know what happened to walmart now a days,can you just believe.i bought $120 worth of groceries but just because of one product my trip at walmart was not good.i bought starter kit from another store without any issues but this time they(walmart) were just impssible.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by momi; Fri, May 17th, 2013 at 07:04 PM.
    Decaf, PammieD and sam786 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sigh.......walmart.......

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I used that same coupon today at my local Walmart and the cashier was so confused.... but incredibly nice!
    She had to read it over a couple of times, and then asked me if she understood it correctly. haha
    As many people have previously stated, it truly is getting harder and harder to use coupons at Walmart.

Thankfully you were able to get the products at a different store (without hassle).
    PammieD, sam786, momi and 1 others like this.

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walmart again!.......tsk tsk tsk. smh.

It's such a shame that the cashiers are so confused nowadays at Walmart. Very frustrating.
    sam786 and momi like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had the started kit talk at my walmart as well. When buying the swifter sweep and vac with a 5.00 coupon that starter kit on it. The cashier had to call a CSM who looked at it and said yes this is what is pictured but the product does not say starter kit on it. SHe kept staring at it shaking her head and finally said ok this one time but next time make sure the product says starter kit. When I asked her if she could find one on the shelf that said that she just gave me a dirty look and walked away. While the cashier says I really shouldn't be doing this its not the same thing if it does not say starter kit but just this time. AHHHHHHH.

Went back last night and had a worse experience but that is another rant.
    momi and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was viewing the previous rants about walmart and was very surprised when I read the interesting reply of one sc member,and I would like to repeat it. http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/353137-...rest-canada-3/ by "cookoo" years ago i was at a store buying a toothbrush using a coupon. the cashier refused to accept the coupon because the print says "save $1 on any manual toothbrush," and she waved the toothbrush at me "where on the package does it say 'manual'?"

i told her "manual is when there's no battery or power cord attached." she thought i was trying to fool her. then i offered to get a dictionary at the store so she can learn the meaning of "manual" and "electric."
    Decaf, PammieD, SharonMe and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    I had the started kit talk at my walmart as well. When buying the swifter sweep and vac with a 5.00 coupon that starter kit on it. The cashier had to call a CSM who looked at it and said yes this is what is pictured but the product does not say starter kit on it. SHe kept staring at it shaking her head and finally said ok this one time but next time make sure the product says starter kit. When I asked her if she could find one on the shelf that said that she just gave me a dirty look and walked away. While the cashier says I really shouldn't be doing this its not the same thing if it does not say starter kit but just this time. AHHHHHHH.

Went back last night and had a worse experience but that is another rant.
    the same situation happened with me too,if you will pick up the different item they will not go by wording,they will say oh it has to be the same one as showing in the picture. and fortunately if you get the same item in the picture they will say but the coupon wording is different..........oh I don't know why couponing is becoming harder and harder now a days,i do remember walmart used to be coupon friendly but I think not any more.specially now a days they even don't want to listen to their customers so I think I will quit If it remain the same way.because its not healthy too to argue with them,to make them understand,no more headaches.
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

now, whenever I go to walmart, if I don't see any of the very few "nice cashier" working at the cash, I will rather not do coupon that trip, because if I do is basically asking for problems and another rant! I will "always" stick to those "nice cashiers" that I know from previous experiences, even if I need to line up at the longest line in the whole store, its worth the time, because I know it will be a breeze cashing out with them. many times has the supervisor trying to direct me to another line, because the line I was at was really long, but I refuse and said I like this cashier, lol, supervisor will just back away from me. I do that so much now, when the supervisor sees me, she just leave me alone.
    Last edited by cinpow; Sat, May 18th, 2013 at 02:25 AM.
    Decaf and Shirnette like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

its no wonder it is getting harder ladies -because some people out there abuse the cpning system -I have couponed for 20 some odd years -yes they read the coupons over with a "fine tooth comb" its because of the fraud out there but I would never give up -try to find a cashier that you can stick with and she will get to know you a little
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, May 18th, 2013 at 07:42 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sam786 View Post
    I was viewing the previous rants about walmart and was very surprised when I read the interesting reply of one sc member,and I would like to repeat it. http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/353137-...rest-canada-3/ by "cookoo" years ago i was at a store buying a toothbrush using a coupon. the cashier refused to accept the coupon because the print says "save $1 on any manual toothbrush," and she waved the toothbrush at me "where on the package does it say 'manual'?"

i told her "manual is when there's no battery or power cord attached." she thought i was trying to fool her. then i offered to get a dictionary at the store so she can learn the meaning of "manual" and "electric."
    This is way up there with the "romaine is not lettuce thread". lol

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

A few years ago, I was trying to buy toothbrushes at Zellers with coupons. In Quebec, there are a lot of coupons that we can't use here like medication, including deoderant, etc.

The toothbrush coupon says that it is not valid in Quebec pharmacies. Cashier would not let me use them. I called for a manager. He says the same thing. Since Zellers has a pharmacy, I can't use them. I said, Walmart, Costco, Maxi, Loblaws has a pharmacy. Are all these stores pharmacies? That means I can't use these coupons anywhere in Quebec. He starts to walk away, so I asked for his name and going to call HO to complain. He comes back and asked to see the coupons again. Told the cashier to do my transaction.
    Cocottee00, newtosave and momi like this.

love.them.coupons
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have been going to my walmart for over a yr every weekend to do my shopping but when i went yestrtday to get the u by kotex using the 2.50 coupon they said now there is a limit of 7 i was shocked they never have a limit. Then i get a cashier that has been there for 10 years and shes reading it anf says its one per purchsse meaning u can only get one. Omg here we go again, i told her i am purchasing 7 so i gave u 7 coupons. She said i was wrong blah blah....if shes been there for 10 years i cant be the first couponer shes ever seen. She wae RUDEEE!!!!
    torontogal12 and momi like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    This is way up there with the "romaine is not lettuce thread". lol

......Up there too with the post about Barilla (spaghetti I believe) not being pasta....Major LOL...ROTF...Too bad I don't go to WM often enough to get to know cashiers..I really hated going there due to constant busyness & hard to find parking on top of empty shelves.Used to PM @ Zellers en route from work....Will only go there now if I have to, bye bye WM, Hello RCSS.
    torontogal12, momi and NR3 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirnette View Post
    ......Up there too with the post about Barilla (spaghetti I believe) not being pasta....Major LOL...ROTF...Too bad I don't go to WM often enough to get to know cashiers..I really hated going there due to constant busyness & hard to find parking on top of empty shelves.Used to PM @ Zellers en route from work....Will only go there now if I have to, bye bye WM, Hello RCSS.
    yes i also find it very convenient at super store i used to go at self service"u-scan",even if i want to price match or use coupons,one or two attendants are there all the time.so they use to pm and vendor coupons for me and its now super fast every time.plus i get pc points by using my card.
    Shirnette likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I actually had the exact same issue happen on Saturday at my Walmart in the Chatham, Ont area. I had one of my favourite male cashiers, but he also questioned what the coupon stated. His argument was that his CSM denied a fellow couponer earlier in the week the same coupon and would most likely deny my coupons as well. He also added that the coupon stated that I was only to get the sprayer machine and NOT the kit. After I calmly explained to him what a kit ment, as well as the fact that I was getting the EXACT same product as the one shown in the coupon, he called the CSM over. I went through the exact same thing with the CSM, explaining what the coupon said, the product I was getting, and how it exactly matched the picture of the kit the CSM allowed my purchase to go through. I believe one of the reasons why the CSM allowed mine was that I wasn't freaking out or yelling, just calmly stating the facts, smiling, and listening, then calmly explaining what the coupon stated and what a kit actually meant 3 more times.
    I went yesterday hoping to pick up 3 more as I still have 3 more coupons, and they do have the refills, but no where in the store do they have the kits. Oh well, I guess I'll have to head to Giant Tiger then
    Last edited by nainai0585; Tue, May 21st, 2013 at 11:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information