User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Aggressive sales people

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I read the Chatelaine article before realizing that was you Jenny. I saw the photo and thought something looked familiar about the girl...here it was you! Congratulations on the weight loss, well done!
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yes, I used to work at a gym doing overnights and I was required to do this as well. Of course I didn't because I'm not that kind of person, but here's some things I learned about personal training.

- most personal training can be taught online, for free.
    - most trainers want their clients to lose one pound a week, so her saying it would take you a year to lose ten is a crock.
    - you were required to not let that person walk out with nothing. Probably why she was so aggressive.

sorry you had a bad experience. The trainers I worked with often understood when it came to people's needs and limits. (Probably why they got us to do all the pitching, lol). But you should not feel uncomfortable by any means walking out of there. Ask for a different trainer, not all of them are like that.
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I was told 80 % is due to the food and only 20 % is due to exercise...when it comes to weight loss..and not 50-50 as most people think.

Its a lot easier to not eat a cookie or some chips, than to run for half an hour to burn that cookie off.

Everytime I look at some junk food , I say to myself ..I can eat that and then do some dull, boring , tiring workout to burn it off ..or not eat that and just lie and watch some TV..no need to exercise ..which is more easy ?..I guess the latter

Usually you gain weight due to the snacking of junk food in between meals ..and not so much due to the breakfast , lunch and dinner you eat..but more the stuff you eat between the B, L and D.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That probably is true. When I go on trips that require a lot of physical activity, I still come home 2-3 pounds heavier, because I ate out all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    I was told 80 % is due to the food and only 20 % is due to exercise...when it comes to weight loss..and not 50-50 as most people think.

Its a lot easier to not eat a cookie or some chips, than to run for half an hour to burn that cookie off.

Everytime I look at some junk food , I say to myself ..I can eat that and then do some dull, boring , tiring workout to burn it off ..or not eat that and just lie and watch some TV..no need to exercise ..which is more easy ?..I guess the latter

Usually you gain weight due to the snacking of junk food in between meals ..and not so much due to the breakfast , lunch and dinner you eat..but more the stuff you eat between the B, L and D.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tmlskk01 View Post
    I joined goodlife about a month ago because I took over a great rate from someone on kijiji that I could make work with my budget. Being a new member they signed me up for a bunch of orientation thing which is great. Friday I met with a trainer and it went horribly.
    I was told that it was just a meeting to do a weight/measure and help set a plan to meet my goals and there would be no sales pitch.

Boy did they lie..

Everything was going great and I was even up for paying for a few sessions to learn the workout Id need to do to meet my goals (Losing 10 pounds by the end of September). But this woman was super aggressive and made me very uncomfortable.

She told me that in order to lose the 10 pounds I would need to have personal training sessions at least twice a week (for a year!!) and that I would have a hard time doing it on my own. Out of curiosity I asked how much that would cost..$6000!!! WITH $1000 down. $500 a month! Thats more than I pay for living expenses! She wouldnt give up. Here's a highlight of some of the things she said.

- Can you borrow the money from your parents/boyfriend?
    - If you stopped buying junk food you could save for training sessions
    - If you didnt go out with friends you could save for training sessions
    - If you have $115 tonight you can start and try and come up with the $1000 dollars before july 1st

She made me feel like a loser because I didnt want to spend all of my money on something I cant afford to begin with. Overall just put a bad taste in my mouth about the gym.
    Well if you did that , you wouldn't even need the trainer in the first place..ha ha ha.

Just doing that alone would easily help you lose 10 pounds within no time ..no need for anything else.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information