• 11 Post By CrazyQT
  • 3 Post By mandy403
  • 5 Post By JennyFromTheRock
  • 1 Post By krysta lynne

Thread: First disgruntled cashier

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

So my hubby did some running around for me today. I sent him Metro to get 2x One Buns (pita break) and 4x Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce. He takes the items to the counter and the cashier rings them through. He hands her a $5 off printable for the One buns and she says "we don't take internet coupons" He says "okay I'll leave the One Buns then" then she rings in the BBQ sauce coupons (4x $2) and hits total and then says. Okay so I guess you owe me....OH..nothing. MUST BE NICE in a snotty tone. Hubby says "it works for me that's why we use coupons" The cashier just gave him a dirty look and he walked away smiling.

He had a few choice words about her when he was telling me the story. He almost wanted to ask for a manager because she was so rude but he decided against it and just left.

I knew I loved him for a reason. He does my shopping, uses coupons and gives the nasty cashiers a dose of sarcasm
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Metro
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Sun, May 19th, 2013 at 04:23 PM.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Your husband sounds like my hubby. Kill them with kindness and it will burn even more. Obviously the cashier was just jealous. If it were me I would have said something but WTG on your savings
    ticul, queeniecat123 and momi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ouch, that sounds like the cashier i had at metro the other day. she was grumpy and i could tell she was jealous i had saved so much. now i'll avoid her at all cost.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookoo View Post
    ouch, that sounds like the cashier i had at metro the other day. she was grumpy and i could tell she was jealous i had saved so much. now i'll avoid her at all cost.
    You are the opposite of me. I don't avoid the cashiers I know are grumpy. lol. At the metro near me there is this older cashier I always go in her line,she hate dealing with couponers I kill her with kindness while handing over my coupons.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Do you live near me, I have the same snarky cashier at my Metro. I avoid her like the plague and go to the young guy that always has questions about how to coupon and save money. He is also super fast and nice so I will wait in his line even if no one is in hers.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I've learned to "cashier shop" and know which ones to avoid. I swear some of them think the coupon is coming out of ther paycheque!! In stores in my local town where I couldn't avoid meanish cashiers over the years I've buttered them up a little by giving them coupons from time to time....I've turned a few meanies like that lol
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

at the walmart i shop at most cashiers know me to use many coupons and price matching... some will even swing around thier little cashier thing because they know i want to watch the scans for SCOP watching. lmfao! its an awesome feeling

when a cashier is rude to me i make sure i take my time. im not about to make their day any easier if they are going to give me a hard time. if they are nice and friendly im quick as possible (as i always have everything organized with a list and such all sorted out so i can be faster. its only when i choose to take my time that it takes forever) normally though, the cashiers are super nice, as i always have the kids with me shopping and clearly am not in there for a good time lol-- just dont forget to hand my son back his $1 pack of doughnuts and everything will be fine!
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Well that was rather rude. Your husband handled it greatly though so, kudos to him!
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Thread Information