User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mapleridgesaver
  • 1 Post By SmartConsumer

Thread: Shaw cable awesome deal !

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So to start, three months ago we signed up for the one month Netflix free trial, after two weeks we decided to cancel cable and continue with Netflix.
    We were paying $112/month with phone, shaw lite internet and 29 basic channels.
    Then with cancelling cable (-$60/month), and joining Netflix (+$7.99/month), we were ahead by $50/month, not bad. Except no Hockey for Husband.
    Fast forward to yesterday, we get a call from Shaw saying they have a great rate for the first thousand customers...
    ...$49/month ($4 dollars cheaper than current phone and internet only ) for 76 channels of cable, same phone service, 50x faster internet for one year!
    Being a little sceptical, I asked what the catch was? To my surprise there is no catch, free cable hook-up, no fees, and they will e-mail and call in the last couple months of the agreement to notify it is about to end.
    And we are keeping Netflix!
    My husband did find a way to watch hockey for free on Saturdays, CBC.ca has their games livestreaming for Hockey Night in Canada.
    Now everybody is happy !
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good deal.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Luc
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I have shaw and I am not happy...I think I pay way too much.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thats an amazing deall!!!

Are they randomly calling shaw customers? Im with rogers (dislike!!) and I was considering switching to shaw and this offer sounsd really good, but their website doesnt seem to have an good deals...maybe if I try calling?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shaw and Telus both had several deals last year for new customers. There was 15/15/15 and 10/10/10, which means each service was either $15 or $10 per month. There was also varying amounts of time each promotional price would last. Some were 3 months, some were 6 months, and the best were one year. Sounds like OP got the 15/15/15 promo + rental fee for one year. That's a good deal.

After the year is up, switch to Telus for 3+ months and then just switch back to Shaw on the same promo.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Congrats OP.
    WTG.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartConsumer View Post
    Shaw and Telus both had several deals last year for new customers. There was 15/15/15 and 10/10/10, which means each service was either $15 or $10 per month. There was also varying amounts of time each promotional price would last. Some were 3 months, some were 6 months, and the best were one year. Sounds like OP got the 15/15/15 promo + rental fee for one year. That's a good deal.

After the year is up, switch to Telus for 3+ months and then just switch back to Shaw on the same promo.
    Thanks for the tip.

Thread Information