User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Women over 8 months pregnant are just too slow!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bibiee View Post
    It happened to me too. Last year around june ,I stopped at a grocery store in montreal after a obgyn check up I was 8.5 month pregnant I gave birth one week after. I had a HUGE belly and seriously you couldnt miss me. And some guy cut me in the line to check up. He pushed me in my belly with is cart. I yelled at him : HEY ASSHOLE, FIRST YOU DONT CUT PEOPLE IN LINE AND SECOND THING I'M PREGNANT AND YOU PUSHED YOUR f**** CART IN MY BELLY.
    The cashier wouldnt checked him and another women make me come to cash out at the costumer service. The guy didnt even looked at me.
    That was the first and last time I shopped at a grocery store in a big city. I hate big cities expecially montreal, people are so rude.

That reminds me. When I was around 8 months preg I was working retail, sitting on the floor folding clothes on a lower table and somebody squeezed between me and a grid and hit me in the back with their cart.
    people have no respect.
    macw1960 likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh sweetsparrow, say it ain't so! Inconsiderate does not even cut it. I am sad that you are having these run ins during your last trimester. Stay positive though, we all know that these impatient bu**ars are in the wrong here.
    Wouldn't it be great if we were all stick people when preggers? Then they would not be able to miss the child you are carrying inside. Stay strong!!

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That Kim Stockwood song sums up that character pretty well. How come jerks don't know they're jerks lol. Luv Kim Stockwood. Sorry you went through that.
    macw1960 and vesper like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I`ve literally had to run across a road while I had the pedestrian signal from almost being hit by a car turning on a left.

People don`t pay attention and are always in a hot hurry.
    The cars turning left , more often than not are just looking out for the on coming traffic , so that they can safely make a left turn when there is a gap in the traffic. Lot of times they don't even bother to look out for the crossing pedestrians.

Same with the cars turning right , the driver is just looking left at the cars coming so that he can take a right turn..and don't scan the intersection for crossing pedestrians.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

It's not you people are just in a rush to go nowhere in my opinion. People in general are got up in the hussle & bussle of the world.
    macw1960 and Shirnette like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

I would have most definitely said something in not so nice words to the ignorant b*tch that rammed her cart into your stomach.

First of all, that is assault.
    Second, that is assault with a weapon.
    Third, that is also assault on an unborn child.

I would have had no problem reminding her of that and letting her no that if she dared to touch me again with her cart, I would be having her charged with all 3 offences.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

As for big city vs. little city/town, I absolutely agree with all the above posters. I live in a bigger city and work in a small town 30 minutes away, and people are far more polite and considerate in the small town I work in vs. the city. get into every week because of idiots who are in a rush
    macw1960 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh I feel for you -people are rude in general -we live in a fast pace society-I was treated kind many years ago when I was pregnant
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I live in a large city, but have lived in cities more than twice this size. I just can't fathom that people can't wait 2 - 3 seconds more for someone 8 months pregnant to cross their lane, loaded down with groceries on a hot, sunny day, while in their air-conditioned cars. Or maybe I'm just fortunate enough to encounter the same annoying person each week? Oh, it makes me grouchy!
    *sigh*
    I am sorry that those rude people don't get it --
    pregnant women rule the world!
    If a pregnant woman is carry the next generation, she deserves the utmost respect.
    How rude of them.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, May 24th, 2013 at 09:49 PM.
    macw1960, walkonby and vesper like this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

when my sister was pregnant and if people were being rude by not moving or not giving up their seat on the bus, theyd hear about it!
    it was like she didnt have an off switch.
    Most people felt embarassed by being yelled at so they usually just moved and said nothing. LOL
    macw1960, walkonby and Shirnette like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I have been almost hit several times while crossing a cross walk....not even pregnant....one car blasted it's horn at me and my husband and son crossing one day with the "walkie man" as my son calls him. Granted we are walking with a 4.5 year old but I know he doesnt walk that slow!
    macw1960 likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

After another week, I'm slowly realizing that it's not specific to any age group, gender, or culture. There are mean people in all walks of society. Yesterday, I was waiting to cross over to the little island (where I could press the button for the walk signal) at a major intersection. To get there, I had to cross the right turning lane. I was standing by the yield sign and two elderly couples and a young girl all drove by. By the time I made it to the island, the light was already green and I wouldn't have been able to cross over before the light turned yellow and had to wait.

At a different intersection, an elderly man was waiting to cross one of these turning lanes with a yield signal. Other drivers seemed to follow whatever the first driver did. If the first driver went through without letting the man cross, none of the other drivers stopped. I had to step off the curb onto the road before anyone would let us cross.

Since my original post, I've been able to time myself in crossing the street with the traffic signal countdowns. It took me 10 seconds to cross a four lane street. I don't think that's too much to ask for wearing a 10-lb beach ball strapped to my front. I also think it's rude when drivers rev their engines after pedestrians have crossed their lanes. As if I took for-ever to cross.... or I've somehow insulted someone by making them wait.

I feel like it's kindergarten again where all the kids fight over who gets to be first going out the door.
    macw1960 and walkonby like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

check your city by-laws..
    I believe you being pregnant as well as anyone with child walking down the sidewalk or crossing the street have the right of way, others have to give you the right of way even if you take a long time or take up the sidewalk.
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddensMomma View Post
    I would have most definitely said something in not so nice words to the ignorant b*tch that rammed her cart into your stomach.

First of all, that is assault.
    Second, that is assault with a weapon.
    Third, that is also assault on an unborn child.

I would have had no problem reminding her of that and letting her no that if she dared to touch me again with her cart, I would be having her charged with all 3 offences.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

As for big city vs. little city/town, I absolutely agree with all the above posters. I live in a bigger city and work in a small town 30 minutes away, and people are far more polite and considerate in the small town I work in vs. the city. get into every week because of idiots who are in a rush
    Unfortunately, the small town I grew up in is getting to be like that too. When I was little, any pedestrian who walked up to the curb automatically made it a pedestrian crossing and you were waved across with a smile. No one stops now and you have to wait for a break in traffic. :-(
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Roberts View Post
    check your city by-laws..
    I believe you being pregnant as well as anyone with child walking down the sidewalk or crossing the street have the right of way, others have to give you the right of way even if you take a long time or take up the sidewalk.
    I learned it in a driving course. It may also be written in the provincial driver's manual.

Even bicycles have almost driven me off the sidewalk (when they are the ones that should be legally riding on the road). I don't mind sharing the sidewalk, but I'm not impressed with the people that drive up silently or quickly behind you, ring their bell loudly (and it always startles me) or yell at you to get out of the way. Very unimpressed.

If some of these people weren't moving so quickly, I'm afraid they'd hear an earful from me and my firey temper.... I'm equally unimpressed that this new baby will have to pay taxes to support these rude people in their senior years.
    macw1960 likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information