User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Shopping in the USA

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Hello there! I was wondering if anyone else out there shops at Walmart in the US? We often go to Plattsburgh NY. They have a SuperCenter Walmart open 24 hours there.

I was astounded at how much cheaper their products still are in the US. Also, pick up the Sunday's paper of BURLINGTON FREE PRESS, NEW YORK POST or TROY RECORD for the P&G Brandsaver coupon booklet.

The new Gillette Fusion Phenom razer was under $8!!!! Here it is almost $15. Olay products, at least $5 cheaper. We bought oversized camping armchairs with a footstool for $10. Our shop vac was at least $10 cheaper....

The list goes on. Everything is cheaper. We wait until we need to stock up and head down there. When you factor in gas and duty, we still come out way ahead! And it is something to do at 11pm when you are bored.
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay, Walmart
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

A few weeks ago got good deals on Nike clothes ($7 for shorts up here 35-40), swim shorts shoes for kids, in Seattle.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

used to live 20 minutes from peace arch, shopped in the states all the time, was there 2-3 times a week, and bought most of my gas there.

not anymore. live too far from the border to make it worthwhile, besides I live near the NY border now, and the us customs ppl are so insanely uptight and rude it's just stupid. makes you just not want to cross the border.

Even tho my hubbie keeps trying to tempt me with Manhatten shopping trips, still not interested.

darn, manhatten shopping is so fun!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I went over the peace bridge. I almost s*** myself LOL! I hate that bridge. We go through Plattsburgh, and they are really cool there. They find me nuts that I go to Walmart at 10pm! I tell them "Hey, Walmart rocks! At 10pm(or midnight....) it is empty. I can shop in peace, get great deals and pick up brand names we dont get in Quebec!" Then they ask me like what and I go through the list.
    greeny likes this.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

My husband and I go usually twice a week. We always fill up the truck and then go to walmart. Gas is so much cheaper. The exchange rate is good at the moment too!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I heard Target is opening in Plattsburgh this fall. I wonder what their prices are like

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

juniperjune...I wish I lived near the border I would do the same thing!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I feel a bit bad about doing so much of my shopping in the US. But when calculating the taxes I pay at the border, the gas there and back to what we saved, we come out ahead, WAY AHEAD! Just the baby seat (Bungo??? I am brain dead right now, cant think of the name: Baby is teething.... we save half price! This seat is awesome. Plop him in it and he actually stays sitting up on his own. Makes mister grumpy happy again!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i say do it anyways and wear what you can when you cross back to Canada

Trading Score
    178 (100%)

I am going to the states in a week for a few days... does anyone know where I can get coupons for food in the US? we are staying at a hotel with a kitchen and I am trying to save money by cooking and not going out so we can do other fun things with the kids....I think food is a lot cheaper in the states so going to buy it there instead of having to travel with it from home.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WAKEFORSOUL View Post
    I am going to the states in a week for a few days... does anyone know where I can get coupons for food in the US? we are staying at a hotel with a kitchen and I am trying to save money by cooking and not going out so we can do other fun things with the kids....I think food is a lot cheaper in the states so going to buy it there instead of having to travel with it from home.
    Look for the P&GbrandSAVER in the local Sunday paper.
    http://www.pgeverydaysolutions.com/p...sp?pageID=FSCI

What city/state will you be in?

Trading Score
    178 (100%)

I am going to Amherst New York

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WAKEFORSOUL View Post
    I am going to Amherst New York
    I do not know exactly where Amherst is. The following newspapers carry the P&GbrandSAVER coupon booklet in New York:

Featured Newspapers1. WATERTOWN TIMESAll Other Newspapers2. ALBANY TIMES UNION3. AMSTERDAM RECORDER4. AUBURN CITIZEN5. BATAVIA NEWS6. BINGHAMTON PRESS & SUN-BULLETIN7. BUFFALO NEWS8. CANANDAIGUA MESSENGER9. ELMIRA STAR-GAZETTE10. GLENS FALLS POST-STAR11. GLOVERSVILLE-JOHNSTOWN LDR-HER12. ITHACA JOURNAL13. JAMESTOWN POST-JOURNAL14. LONG ISLAND NEWSDAY DSA (POLYBAG)15. LONG ISLAND NEWSDAY16. NEW YORK DAILY NEWS17. NEW YORK EL DIARIO-LA PRENSA 18. NEW YORK HOY 19. NEW YORK IMPACTO LATIN NEWS 20. NEW YORK LA VOZ HISPANA 21. NEW YORK NEWSDAY DSA (POLYBAG)22. NEW YORK POST23. OLEAN TIMES HERALD24. ONEONTA STAR25. POUGHKEEPSIE JOURNAL26. ROCHESTER DEMOCRAT & CHRONICLE27. SARATOGA SPRINGS SARATOGIAN28. SCHENECTADY GAZETTE29. STATEN ISLAND ADVANCE30. SYRACUSE POST STANDARD31. TROY RECORD32. UTICA OBSERVER-DISPATCH33. WHITE PLAINS JOURNAL-NEWS

Trading Score
    178 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by juniperjune View Post
    I do not know exactly where Amherst is. The following newspapers carry the P&GbrandSAVER coupon booklet in New York:

Featured Newspapers1. WATERTOWN TIMESAll Other Newspapers2. ALBANY TIMES UNION3. AMSTERDAM RECORDER4. AUBURN CITIZEN5. BATAVIA NEWS6. BINGHAMTON PRESS & SUN-BULLETIN7. BUFFALO NEWS8. CANANDAIGUA MESSENGER9. ELMIRA STAR-GAZETTE10. GLENS FALLS POST-STAR11. GLOVERSVILLE-JOHNSTOWN LDR-HER12. ITHACA JOURNAL13. JAMESTOWN POST-JOURNAL14. LONG ISLAND NEWSDAY DSA (POLYBAG)15. LONG ISLAND NEWSDAY16. NEW YORK DAILY NEWS17. NEW YORK EL DIARIO-LA PRENSA 18. NEW YORK HOY 19. NEW YORK IMPACTO LATIN NEWS 20. NEW YORK LA VOZ HISPANA 21. NEW YORK NEWSDAY DSA (POLYBAG)22. NEW YORK POST23. OLEAN TIMES HERALD24. ONEONTA STAR25. POUGHKEEPSIE JOURNAL26. ROCHESTER DEMOCRAT & CHRONICLE27. SARATOGA SPRINGS SARATOGIAN28. SCHENECTADY GAZETTE29. STATEN ISLAND ADVANCE30. SYRACUSE POST STANDARD31. TROY RECORD32. UTICA OBSERVER-DISPATCH33. WHITE PLAINS JOURNAL-NEWS
    Thank you so much... I will have to take a look for these when I get there!!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

hi,

we also plan to go to usa to visit relatives and why not go shopping a bit
    i wonder ....
    can we shop for no limit $amount ???
    i mean when you cross the canadian borders, you have to declare evrything you bought.....
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information