Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By GeorgiaK
  • 2 Post By meriem
  • 2 Post By mandolinatou

Thread: safe/cheaper 4-5 day rental in montreal + travel deal advise PLEASE

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I am looking for advise/info regarding cheaper/safe palce to stay near montreal (sherbooke/downtown) area for august first week. Looking for studio or basic furnished place for family of three(ie. we have a 6 year old kid). We will be travelling for winnipeg. Is there any palce I could look for flight/stay deal? in a tight budget so everything counts. thank you for any reply!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi Winni,

I asked my sister who used to run a boutique hotel in Old Montreal. Her advice is to not stay right downtown in the summer. With all the festivals and stuff going on, a lot of the hotels charge double or triple their "normal" rate. She said that it may be less expensive (and safer) to stay either in one of the closer suburbs or on the "south shore" (i.e. Brossard, Longueuil) and take the metro into the city.
    super_e and Darth Penguin like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

University residences can be a cheap alternative to hotels in the summer ; some of them are quite nice, and most of them are close to metro stations. For example this one :

http://www.studioshotel.ca/index.php?lang=en&d=h
    super_e and Darth Penguin like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

thank you Georgia and Meriem.....

mandolinatou
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I highly suggest airbnb.com for affordable rentals. It is a website that lets you rent anyone's vacation home or spare bedroom without the hotel mark up. I have saved a lot of money between two trips one to Quebec City and one to Paris. I have even thought about renting out a room on there....its an amazing site that opens up a lot of possibilities. I feel like there is no need for a vacation home with this website. I think a 5 night stay in a two story apartment in quebec city was 160 dollars. That is one night in Quebec City, normally in a tiny place with out a kitchen. I had a giant apartment mostly to myself. Paris was something like 1800 but for 7 nights in a three bedroom flat. Now I did read reviews each time before I went, researched the locations, and knew what I wanted. I think that is important but otherwise just enjoy this little travel gem.
    Darth Penguin and GeorgiaK like this.

Thread Information