User Tag List

Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree2062Likes

Thread: the fantaSTACK thread

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

http://britishcolumbiacoupons.com/ne...save-on-foods/ wondering if anyone else heard about this. I don't mind the 3 case rule, that to me seems reasonable.

However I also came across this:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...d7789fceb0b8a0

Store 975 is Salmon Arm I believe.

The line coupons cannot be taken from the store & must be used at the time of purchase is a little ridiculous to me. and the statement "These are the property of OFG" actually they aren't they are the physical property of the manufacturer i believe. This one I dunno if it's just crappy couponers at this store that has this manager on a high horse or what but overall he seems a little dictatorial? to me. Coupon shoppers can only shop on certain days, between certain hours? wow.....craziness. Since when did we become criminals?

Yet again another case of poor couponers spoiling it for the rest of us.

Like I said I do not know the validity of any of this...I do however know that the SoF that I shop it is not doing pre-orders again until October 19th? A sign maybe....i dunno.
    Last edited by KimLeducAB; Fri, Oct 11th, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
    Saved Over $900 In Coupons So Far in 2013!!!
    Also A Little Bit Of A WoW Junkie

If you aren't earning cash for surveys click here:
    https://legerweb.com/1EROG

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

It IS a sign of the coupon apocalypse because at my store in Surrey, we are only allowed to coupon stack during the week Mon - Thurs and only in the evenings. It's hard for me because I work evenings. Ugh.

I don't stockpile, so the restriction to 3 cases is A-OK by me - I know it will annoy others.

I have to scratch my head though - what official policy would use the words "fishy business"? LOL Seems a bit unprofessional.

BUT I do think we're coming to an end. The assistant manager at my SOF who handles my transactions in the evenings (she is SUPER NICE!) told me that there is rumour that by spring there will be no more stacking. SOF is losing a lot of money.
    couponandoff and Autumn7 like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

3 cases is often 36... that is a LOT of product and it is reasonable. It would be nice if they had it unlimited... but that would bring our stacking to a fast end. If I can stack until March and build up a stockpile to last a good while that is fantastic. We know here in Calgary it will only last a while... but I am sure we can help save on foods rack up some sales right through until the slow winter months.

I know not everyone stockpiles... but I do... on a reasonable level. If something unexpected comes up in my budget my grocery bill is the first thing i cut in order to correct whatever complication arises. I go down to $20 a week or less and just buy a few fresh items like milk, eggs and produce.

The only question i have is... is the restriction to 3 total cases or 3 cases of like items? (I just want to be able to plan accordingly) I do hope it is like items like 3 dove body washes.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Well....if people were smarter they would take a few of different items every time they went shopping. The Dove has been on sale at least 3 times since summer (to stack for free) and I'm sure it will be on again. If you can't get enough for you and your family and not clear the entire shelf (or need more then 3 cases each time) then either you are gettting too much or you are selling it. My recent experience with sellers of coupon stuff has made me wonder how much of this overbuying is due to that phenomenon.

Grrrrrr...I plan to have a good stockpile....and I plan to do it slowly....and NOT sell it!!!! haha...rant over!

And really....3 cases is ALOT!! There are 3 SOF's in Nanaimo and I'm sure if someone took 6 Dove from each store no one would notice (and that would be 3 cases worth). I think with all things "free" it's hard not to get too much and the panic of stacking maybe "being over" is causing people to overbuy again.

Be smart...don't do all your stacking at one purchase so the cashiers aren't overwhelmed and people aren't waiting behind you. Do a few....drop them in your car...do a few more...rinse and repeat. Be kind to your SOF...we love them!

Just relax...enjoy the ride...oooommmmmmmmmm.....the coupon apocalypse isn't coming yet

J
    Last edited by jezz; Fri, Oct 11th, 2013 at 06:04 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jezz View Post
    Well....if people were smarter they would take a few of different items every time they went shopping. The Dove has been on sale at least 3 times since summer (to stack for free) and I'm sure it will be on again. If you can't get enough for you and your family and not clear the entire shelf (or need more then 3 cases each time) then either you are gettting too much or you are selling it. My recent experience with sellers of coupon stuff has made me wonder how much of this overbuying is due to that phenomenon.

Grrrrrr...I plan to have a good stockpile....and I plan to do it slowly....and NOT sell it!!!! haha...rant over!

And really....3 cases is ALOT!! There are 3 SOF's in Nanaimo and I'm sure if someone took 6 Dove from each store no one would notice (and that would be 3 cases worth). I think with all things "free" it's hard not to get too much and the panic of stacking maybe "being over" is causing people to overbuy again.

Be smart...don't do all your stacking at one purchase so the cashiers aren't overwhelmed and people aren't waiting behind you. Do a few....drop them in your car...do a few more...rinse and repeat. Be kind to your SOF...we love them!

Just relax...enjoy the ride...oooommmmmmmmmm.....the coupon apocalypse isn't coming yet

J
    3 Cases is a lot, unless it's on an item like Laundry soap or something where the item itself is quite large, or in the case of the schick razors, they come in 1 package at a time. Which kinda bites my butt a bit.

I do have a large family. Five kids and 2 adults, not to mention I shop for my mother in law as she is on disability and a fixed income. Then if you factor in my donations etc...but even taking all that into account I actually PREFER to shop a little at a time. I almost feel better about searching out the deals, and/or price matching to get the good deal...it's almost like getting that good deal is a little more rewarding if I have to work a little harder for it. As well I don't think it's as stressful of a shop to do it a little at a time. For myself and for the cashier, as well as the customers behind me.

I also find it gives me time; buying a little here and a little there, to organize my stockpile shelves and keep everything neat and tidy.

Something I wonder about though.....with people fearing an end to stacking altogether.....is this panic part of the problem? Or is it just the same thing that usually happens....the greedy people spoiling it for the people who truly utilize coupons in a reasonable manner?? I don't know what to think at this point.

I do find it really disappointing though that as "Couponers" we are required to jump through so many hoops in order to use said coupons. Like I stated in my original post, most ....if not all, of us "stackers" already are required to shop only on specific days, some are even restricted between specific hours.

I mean...i get it...redeeming the coupons through the tills and processing them all takes time, and can be a massive pain in the rear for other customers, but is it really that bad? Are there really that many of us redeeming that many coupons that it requires our shopping trips to be ,"excessively restricted", for lack of a better term. In saying that it's almost like prison...."you get an hour in the yard..", are we really viewed that way by Grocery Chains?, Cashiers?, Manufacturer's?...Like criminals, I find this thought alone sincerely disheartening, and disappointing. I know there will be some who might argue this opinion but when you have to shop during restricted hours does it not feel like that, or am I completely off the wall? That second link where "The Manager" states that coupons on the shelf cannot be taken from the store. This is a form of theft... really? Tracking Special Orders? Deny it if they feel they have circumvented the policy...I mean Wow! I know this is just one store but holy carp!
    Last edited by KimLeducAB; Fri, Oct 11th, 2013 at 07:45 PM.
    Saved Over $900 In Coupons So Far in 2013!!!
    Also A Little Bit Of A WoW Junkie

If you aren't earning cash for surveys click here:
    https://legerweb.com/1EROG

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my stacking buddies : )

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I'm okay with this as I don't have much more room for my stockpile. i just checked my stockpile & dropped off 2 big bags of canned food that I've accumulated since Easter as I do a big drop-off for food & cleaning supplies near Easter, "Christmas in July", Thanksgiving & @ Christmas. My health & beauty & smellies stockpile gets dropped off @ the Christmas Bureau in Dec, plus a few toys that DS gets during the year. While @ SOF, I managed to stack for lots of free Windex & Scrubbing Bubbles for the food bank. I also, noticed 4 large jugs of the Sunlight Laundry detergent - probably courtesy of a stacker.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1cheapb*tch View Post
    [ATTACH]197417[/ATTACH

Great shop today, Total OOP 49.03 (23.27 taxes) Sub total was 257.68 Most items are going into gift baskets.

Nice job!!! Which store did you go to & how did you do your stacks for the Clear shampoo? Is it any good? I'm tired of the Pantene & Tresemme. DH uses Head & Shoulders, so it's time for a change. I've got a printable through Smart Source for B1G1 free & also the latest Unilever for the free Degree. I think there may have been a $3 coupon as well.

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Stacking Trade List:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/359323-...stacks-canada/

**Sorry I do not have a stacking wishlist yet (only a regular one...), but I would be happy to check out your Tradelist!

Updated tradelist with this one...(still have lots to trade!)

HydraSense NetiRinse Product
    60318204 $8 April 30 2014 (mailout)
    60317315 $4 Jan 31 2014 (tearpad)

Last edited by Autumn7; Sat, Oct 26th, 2013 at 04:27 PM.
    couponandoff likes this.
    LOVE to trade

Try TreasureTrooper and receive a free $5 sign-up bonus

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Saving Moola View Post
    Nice job!!! Which store did you go to & how did you do your stacks for the Clear shampoo? Is it any good? I'm tired of the Pantene & Tresemme. DH uses Head & Shoulders, so it's time for a change. I've got a printable through Smart Source for B1G1 free & also the latest Unilever for the free Degree. I think there may have been a $3 coupon as well.
    Easy to stack...There is a $2 tearpad coupon and $3 insert coupon...and it often goes on sale (like right now at SOF) for 4.99.
    Also I think it is a great product! Honestly I started buying it cause it was free with stacking again, but I actually prefer it over anything else that I have tried. It doesn't leave a residue over time like some brands tend to..which is the main thing I look for in a shampoo/conditioner
    couponandoff and cheekysaver like this.
    LOVE to trade

Try TreasureTrooper and receive a free $5 sign-up bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Also, The Clear conditioners all had a $3 peelie on them good on any Clear product. I also used the B1G1 1/2 off, insert coupon and then the buy shampoo get free conditioner coupon from the Unilever insert.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I as thinking that there must be a stack here somehow:

Canada Dry Mott's, $1 any (1) 24x355mL Regular or Diet Crush Rainbow Pack, Dr.Pepper, Crush or Schweppes, 12808683, Dec 31,2013
    Canada Dry Mott's, $1 any (1) 24x355mL Regular or Diet Crush Rainbow Pack, Dr.Pepper, Crush or Schweppes, 12808928, Mar 3,2014
    Canada Dry Mott's, $1 any (1) 6x710mL or (1) 12x355mL pack of Canada Dry or Cplus Orange, 12808700, Dec 31,2013 (French)

Canada Dry Mott's, $1 any (1) Regular/Diet Dr.Pepper 2L or 591mL bottle, 12808784, Dec 31,2013 (French)
    Canada Dry Mott's, $1 any (1) 12x355mL Regular or Diet Dr.Pepper Beverage, 12808814, Feb 28,2014 (French)
    Canada Dry Mott's, $1 any (1) 10/12x355mL or 6x710mL pack of Canada Dry or Cplus Beverages, 12808713, Dec 31,2013
    Canada Dry Mott's, $2 wub (2) 12x355mL can packs OR (2) 6x710mL OR (4) 2L beverages of Crush, Dr.Pepper or Schweppes, 12808696, Dec 31,2013
    Canada Dry Mott's, $2 wub (2) 12x355mL can packs OR (2) 6x710mL OR (4) 2L beverages of Crush, Dr.Pepper or Schweppes, 12808742, Dec 31,2013
    Canada Dry Mott's, $2 wub (2) 12x355mL can packs OR (2) 6x710mL OR (4) 2L beverages of Crush, Dr.Pepper or Schweppes, 12808902, Mar 30,2014

Canada Dry Mott's, $1 Crush Rainbow 24x355mL pack Regular/Diet, 12808869, Dec 31,2013
    Canada Dry Mott's, $2 Canada Dry 24x355mL product, 12808771, Jan 31,2014 (French)
    Canada Dry Mott's, $2 Schweppes Ginger Ale, Club Soda or Tonic Water 12x355mL product, 12808670, Dec 31,2013

will organize it better tomorrow....got some killer zombies I need to watch!

j
    couponandoff and cheekysaver like this.

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

I can't stack but I do have some stacks if anyone is interested

8x $1 unilever hair products UPC 89288581 expires Dec 31,2013
    10x $2 unilever hair products UPC 89288628 expires March 31,2014

many dove coupons listed about me section
    trade/wishlist in about me tab
    couponandoff, hijinx25 and jezz like this.

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KimLeducAB View Post
    "... the 3 case rule, that to me seems reasonable."
    Agreed. Most of the sales repeat themselves.
    hijinx25 likes this.

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hijinx25 View Post
    "It IS a sign of the coupon apocalypse ..."
    we will become Stacker Walkers (Walking Dead zombies)

Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread Information