User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: SUPERSTORE SCOP but only a penny difference....help

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't believe people are even discussing this. Going back to the store to do SCOP over $0.01 will get you branded as a "the crazy lady".
    Teri623 and paciad like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

As someone quoted today, if you don't like the post, MOVE ON. I didn't ask for your 2 cents worth, oops it's not WORTH a penny either

Quote Originally Posted by SmartConsumer View Post
    I can't believe people are even discussing this. Going back to the store to do SCOP over $0.01 will get you branded as a "the crazy lady".

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmartConsumer View Post
    There is no need to be rude, if you don't have anything productive to say , Please move on...Mod Jezebel
    Gazpache and SAVING$44 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I once SCOPed something at RCSS over 2 cents, tag was 19.97, rang as 19.99. I think it was kind of cheap, but still couldn't resist. Got $10 off.
    nessa23 and acosta like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nessa23 View Post
    I always wondered if I could SCOP for a penny... I've had a couple things over the last couple years that have rang up $0.01 more than the shelf tag, but didn't bother doing SCOP, because it felt silly for a one cent.

Wrong is wrong so yes that penny matters if it scans higher. The SCOP applies to all prices that are wrong basically to encourage the retailers to charge customers the RIGHT price on all the items.

In effect the retailers are stealling that penny from the customer when they are overcharged. Multiply that by the number of items sold in a week and it could be alot of money. From a legal standpoint if it was something else, ie a conpany skimming a penny from all the customers account it would be fraud and punishable. Why is SCOP any different?

In places like Quebec and the US it is the law. The only reason it isn't in the rest of Canada, IMHO, is that the retailers have pressed the government to keep it from applying to everyone because they have alot of power. I think it should be the law.

If it was anything other than customers in the stores and the company was engaging in false advertising it would have large fines for each offence.
    ishyx0x and nessa23 like this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Superstore is notorious for their price errors and refusal to honour scop without a scene! I would go back in a second! A penny or not, they need to get their act straight and maybe losing money due to their own ineptness will be an incentive! Just my two cents (round down if you will, lol).

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nessa23 View Post
    I always wondered if I could SCOP for a penny... I've had a couple things over the last couple years that have rang up $0.01 more than the shelf tag, but didn't bother doing SCOP, because it felt silly for a one cent.

Yes you may feel silly but it is still a SCOP. I bought tea bags at FB and they rang in a penny more. I mentioned it to the cashier who got rather snotty as it was only a penny she said until I informed her I wanted to do a SCOP and then they were free. She sure changed in a hurry.
    nessa23 likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mommato5 View Post
    Superstore is notorious for their price errors and refusal to honour scop without a scene! I would go back in a second! A penny or not, they need to get their act straight and maybe losing money due to their own ineptness will be an incentive! Just my two cents (round down if you will, lol).
    I find RCSS is the best for SCOP. Friendly and I don't even have to ask for it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

a penny is still a penny. what if it's the other way around? say a customer is one penny short, would the store let him/her off easy? sure maybe once. what if every customer is a penny short? expect a firm "no" then.
    if the store doesn't want to follow scop, it shouldn't have participated in the program. once it's in, it has to abide by the rules.
    saddlebag likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information