User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree137Likes

Thread: Giving away coupons - Reactions

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Please tell what kind of reactions you get when you give the coupons to strange people. Recently I gave away coupons for free toothpaste, free toothbrushes and some other random coupons that I was not going to use like $2.00 off any 2 Wonder Breads etc. Everybody had different reactions. The cashier I gave the coupon to was nice but most other people were suspicious when I stopped them to give the coupons for the items in their cart. One old couple was really suspicious and loud. I guess they thought I was trying to sell them something but calmed down when I explained that with the coupons they can get the toothpastes they had in their cart free.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Sadly, most of the time I guess a "ummm okay" or a puzzled lookout and silent grab without a thank you or anything.

Maybe some people don't understand the concept of the coupon? Do they not realize I'm giving them MONEY?
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Last week I saw someone who had 2 cereal and two packages of bars in their basket--theses items were screaming at mine to tell the customer that she was eligible for 4 free ice cream--had to tell her

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was at No Frills and gave a very nice couple some coupons for the cheese strings they had in their cart. After talking to them for a minute I learned they had just moved here from Romania and she was very interested about learning where to find coupons of her own. Maybe when we give away these coupons we're creating new couponers!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I did it a few times but have now stopped because I found some people to push you. I gave out a couple last year when there were the save $1 WUB 2 Minute Maid and they were on sale for $0.49/each at Frescho. I had my needs covered gave two coupons to one guy who than harassed me to give him the coupons I was using for my own purchases as why did I get more for free than he did. He actually started following me around the store and just keep asking for my coupons I was using.

Another time I gave a woman a coupon for cereal she said thank you and than went on to ask what else I could give her when I said sorry that is all I have today she looked at my coupon bag which was closed so she could not see in it and called me greedy.

Or I have had a few look at me and say I do not use coupons with various other things tacked on like I have money to pay for my groceries.

So unless I see someone with coupons I do not offer.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ericaraina View Post
    Sadly, most of the time I guess a "ummm okay" or a puzzled lookout and silent grab without a thank you or anything.

Maybe some people don't understand the concept of the coupon? Do they not realize I'm giving them MONEY?
    i get the same responses. I have stopped giving them out, and now I just leave them on the shelf.
    gourmetsue, ticul and acosta like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I found generally people aren't appreciative. I save my extra coupons for family.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I find I get mixed reactions.. sometimes I'm glad I did it, other times I think I won't be doing that again.. but then I do..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I gave two of the sweet baby rays coupons to a lady in line the other day after she asked why I was stalking up on it lol. She said it was her favorite sauce so I told her she could get it free with coupons and gave her two off them she was very happy and could not stop thanking me. For the most part anyone Ive given coupons to have been very happy to get them
    uanoor, Patty Smyth, ticul and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I've received a lot of rudeness so now I only give them to cashiers who are nice to me, or to my friends and family or SCs

SassyAshley, those comments are unreal!
    Patty Smyth, ticul and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do need to add I have given out some with a thank you or no comment. But for me it is no longer worth the look or hassle from some so I save extras for those I know or ROAKs.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I've received a lot of rudeness so now I only give them to cashiers who are nice to me, or to my friends and family or SCs

SassyAshley, those comments are unreal!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I generally get quite a good reaction! They are always surprised since I always give it to them at the checkout and thank me with a smile and a "thank you!"

some of those stories are just plain rude though!
    Patty Smyth and Shirnette like this.
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Has ranged from 'do I look like I am that poor?' to a woman who cried and hugged me
    Now I just put them on top of the product and let ppl take if they want them
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I would be a hugger for sure! Love coupons. Coupons=money. What's the difference? Some people just don't get it.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Due to lack of graciousness I only give extra coupons to my friends or family, or people I already know are using other coupons, and if I have extras I won't use I will leave them at the store in front of the product.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information