User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been lucky and have all good experiences with all the stores and cashiers up until today. I quickly ran up to our local IGA which over charges for EVERYTHING as the Coke sale ends today and I wanted to pick up some for the upcoming long weeked (The last time I was there they had none). I entered the store went straight to the pop aisle and grabbed four bottles but on the way back to the cashier area I noticed a Cereal coupon for Shreddies which is great because I was going to make a trail mix and nuts & bolts too. I grabbed three coupons and proceded to the cashier with my Coke. She asks me if I'm buying the cereal I took a coupon for! It took me off guard as I only go there when they are having a good sale or I'm desperate for the item because of the prices. I said no, I'll get it when it comes on sale as I wasn't paying $6.95 for a small box. She than told me I can't take the coupon unless I'm going to use it now and in the store. I just looked at her for a minute with a "Are you kidding me expression", seriously thought I was on Candid Camera or something. I've been using this store for over 15 years and worked with them on many fundraising events so I held it together and simple said, I know the rules of couponing and can use it when and where I would like to because it doesn't expire until October and it's not a IGA only coupoon. (I know I'm new to couponin but I have figured that out) So this lady says, well aren't you going to support your local store and purchase it. I said yep, once your prices come down to a reasonable price instead of gouging us or if gas goes up to $2 a litre but until than I still save money going into the city to pick it up and will shop where I choose too, than I smiled and said "Have a good day"
    This thread is currently associated with: IGA

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Please tell me which IGA this was thanks

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

good for you!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Wow that's ....nuts...
    Wanna make some spare cash? Check out Clixsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?5382267

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

That is so ridiculous!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

At Save-On yesterday i got interrogated about where I got each and every one of my coupons. Talk about coupon police!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

LOL. That was too funny! Good for you for sticking up for yourself!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

Wow, thats crazy!!! Good for you though.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Whoa. That is crazy!!!
    Good for you for being so calm. I would be so offended after being a customer there for that long and being involved more so than others,.... rude employee.... Chat with customer service and say she needs work on her cashierside manners!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Which IGA was this?
    Whats it to the cashier if I dont purchase the item that very moment! Maybe I still have half of a box of Shreddies left at home and I'm taking the coupon for my next purchase?
    Not really her business, maybe If I took a huge stack off the tear pad.... Then I would understand her questioning!

Very silly !

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

wow, it's like you were stealing the coupons.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

It just boggles my mind how personally cashiers seem to take couponing. It isn't coming out of their paycheque so why on earth do they even care?
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i took those same coupons yesterday from my local iga.I took two with no question and When i happened through shoppers they had a great deal on post and I got two boxes for 75 cents each and I would do it again lol because I spent my gas to go to the city why should I not use my coupon there the local prices here are silly two.What nerve some people have.I also grabbed two $1 off coupons for soup and used those at shoppers too since they had soup in mark down for 59 cents a can. It costs that women nothing for those coupons and it costs the store nothing so she should mind her biz.lol Good for you for standing your ground.I hope the cereal goes on sale and you buy it through her till with that coupon two months from now and then say see lol .

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

We have not run into to much trouble couponing. But one thing i like to do is scare cashiers like that. Get a pen, look deliberatly at their nametag, and write down the name. Even say something like, i want to make sure i have the right name when i call ho/manager. Need to make it personal to that person.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in Devon and the cashier has been there for years. I went today and grabbed some ice and she was there again but this time a different cashier was available. I just looked at her and smiled I know customer service has been going down hill there for years but that to me was just wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information