User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: People selling Expired Car Seat on Kijiji

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ahh! I am so livid! There's this guy or lady not sure selling about 3-4 Expired Car seats on kijiji. They range from the year 2000-2004 that they were manufactured. And basically asking for $20-$50 each. Before I had my baby I never knew that car seats had an expiry date. But after I did, I read online that car seats expired after a certain amount of years so basically like 5-8 years. I looked up this each car seat brand to how long and its good for and sure enough some are long expired. I'm just worried that some poor soul wouldn't know this and will buy it which is completely misleading and unsafe to whoever buys it from this guy or lady. I replied to their ad and was just told to mind my own business among some other foul language. So I reported all the ads and hoping kijiji will take it down. But seriously, to get a few bucks this person is willing to put someone's trust and child at risk in my view. There's my rant for the night! Thanks for reading
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel likes this.
    busy, busy, busy

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i would report them.. personally when i was looking at carseats i was very weary of used.. because you don't know the history of a used seat.. and i don't care if people say it wasn't in any accidents.. people lie ALL the time for a profit
    Insane, Ciel, xox2010 and 2 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Carseats are something that I never bought used. I borrowed from people I knew, but never from someone I didn't know. Like Midnightly said, people lie. You can't possibly know if that carseat was in an accident and they lied.
    Ciel, Darth Penguin and Candini like this.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

report to the kijiji admins and let them deal with it..and remind your buddies to check expiry dates/possible car crashes before buying second hand. There are some things worth risking to buy second hand..car seats isn't one of them...
    GoJays likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I gotta tell ya, when I first read this I thought the OP was a little crazy. Then I googled and see that car seats do, in fact, expire. They didn't when my children were small so this is news to me. I'm guessing that a large percentage of the population would not know this if they didn't have small children in the last 10 years or so. So good for you for letting the seller's and Kijijii know.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was going to come to the defense of the seller by saying that perhaps they didn't realize that they were expired until you said that they replied to 'mind your own business.' So now I say report them.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's just icky! I'm so glad you reported them.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It is also important to note that if you own a car seat or booster seat made before January 1, 2012, under Health Canada’s Canada Consumer Product Safety Act, you may not be able to advertise, sell, or give it away because it may not meet the latest requirements set out by Health Canada. For further information regarding the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act, please contact Health Canada:
    http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/s...11c01-1168.htm
    Transport Canada-Notice not to buy car seats or booster seats made before January 1, 2012.

Frequently asked questions:
    http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/s...y-faq-1131.htm
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Click the report ad button. Explain why you're reporting it in the comments (they usually ask you why you're reporting). That is simply unacceptable.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

We buy most of our things used off Kijiji. Carseats, cribs and strollers were NOT one of these things. Some things you're better off getting new. Carseats expire and they technically are not legally allowed to be resold at least in Ontario. They're also no longer legal on the road if they've been in an accident. We went with the Britax it's a $500 investment (x2 cause we have two kids lol). But car safety was one thing I would not compromise on. Maybe cause I'm still scared to get in them since the accident. Now we no longer have a car but I'm still glad we have our carsests for the few times we do go out and about with my parents etc.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Something doesn't make sense, you cannot complete the posting on Kijiji without entering a manufacture date for the car seat. Once the date is expired, Kijiji won't allow the posting.

I know this because I tried to post my son's old bucket infant seat in early 2012 and the seat was manufactured in late 2009. The site would NOT accept the posting.
    super_e and Insane like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I checked for the ads this morning and it seems they have been deleted! I am sure these ads on older car seats slipped through kijiji. I've posted a new stroller/car seat system that was of course manufactured in 2012. So I am not sure about if you try to put a lesser year than 2012. Sad but true there's lots of people trying to sell expired unsafe car seats just to make $20-$40 extra. There are tons of ads that they don't put the year but take a picture of it and clearly it's expired.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I have learnt from a friend that you can not legally sell an expired car seat. I would have writen down the ad# and passed it on to the police

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Ahhh! I did not know that. I just reported the ads on kijiji and saw there no longer there this morning. But will keep this in mind for the future.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

That's a lot of car seats... I'm guessing they picked them up free during thebig garbage collection and that's even worse IMO. They would have no idea of the history of the seats. I threw out my expired car seat and a broken umbrella stroller. Both were gone within an hour... the stroller was taken by our neighbors (I see it outside every time I walk by) I am hoping they are using it as a toy/doll stroller. No idea who took the car seat but hopefully they don't sell or use it. (For a car seat anyway I'm sure it would still be fine for an infant carrier)
    dimaa likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information