User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Walmart has the WORST customer service EVER!!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I wish I had a Loblaws/RCSS close by, I would definitely be saving my FPC's for No Tax Days! I live outside of town (appox 30 mins away) and No tax day is normally on Saturdays so just going in town to save 1-2$ from the tax of a couple FPC's would not be worth the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    i had always been paying taxes for FPC at walmart, and I once spoke to the manager about these and he explain that taxes got to be paid by the customer and the taxes goes to the government not them. after that conversation I never use any FPCs that involve taxes at walmart anymore, I save them all up and use them at loblaws no tax days. save my time and energy to argue with the managers and cashiers and end up with no results. the only FPCs I use at walmart is the "food"ones which don't have taxes on them anyways.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    i had always been paying taxes for FPC at walmart, and I once spoke to the manager about these and he explain that taxes got to be paid by the customer and the taxes goes to the government not them. after that conversation I never use any FPCs that involve taxes at walmart anymore, I save them all up and use them at loblaws no tax days. save my time and energy to argue with the managers and cashiers and end up with no results. the only FPCs I use at walmart is the "food"ones which don't have taxes on them anyways.
    when I first start couponing I use to argue and then gave up with Walmart even in the one I use to work at cause I know there training for cashiers. Saving a dollar or two & arguing and being frustrated and ruining my day or just paying the dollar or two for free products and leaving is way better for me. I finally understand my husband who hates coupons doesn't understand - your time & happiness is worth money and saving a few dollars isn't worth it if you leave frustrated, mad so now I save my FPC for Shopper's Drug Mart or Fortinos who have never argued with me when it comes to FPCs
    Veronique86 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I'm speechless....

Thanks for sharing! Another reason not to shop at that location! I'm glad you were able to find another WM that would PM, as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
    baseline and clyde is THE worse! when zellers was closing, the one on merivale was still open. i tried to PM scrabble and some other games that they were selling for 5$, i had 5$ coupon so free. i went to csm and asked if it was alright that i PM zellers flyer because i had picked it up on merivale, she was like uhm well we were told not to because they're closed. i said o.k but that one is still open and NOT in liquidation for another month or so. she asked to see the flyer and which product i wanted. i showed her the games for 5$, she goes OMG NO! thats too good of a deal.
    i was like REALLY? u wont PM because its too good of a deal? at this point she didnt even know about the coupons, think she would have fainted lol. i would have been o.k with a simple no, we cant because most are in liquidation but this was just too funny of a reason
    i went to Lincoln fields and the csm there was like you go girl! you get as much free stuff as you want!
    ottawa likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Veronique86 - all Walmarts or the one near your home?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

From various negative experiences PM’ing and couponing at different Walmart locations, this past experience by far, has been the worst. We have had many cashiers saying “We can’t PM and use coupon at the same time, it’s one or the other”, “we can’t give you overage, we have to bring down the face value of the coupon to the price of the item”, and we also had similar experience where we were told we had to pay the tax on FPC’s. Because of all this, we have been choosing certain locations, times and only shop when certain cashiers and csms are working. I find all this is becoming a bit of a hassle and if all locations were following company policies, none of these issues would be relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Veronique86 - all Walmarts or the one near your home?
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Veronique86 View Post
    I find all this is becoming a bit of a hassle and if all locations were following company policies, none of these issues would be relevant.
    When we anticipate that there may be a problem with a price match or a coupon, we go to the Customer Service desk first, get their o.k., get the name of the customer service person, do the shopping and tell the cashier to call "Jane Doe" at customer service to verify this price match (or whatever). Never had a problem since.
    Veronique86 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

l think the no tax on fpc is just in Ontario

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/guides/rst/511.html

I have this printed and keep it in my coupon book.
    Awesome thanks I am going to do the same!
    Frugal Lisa likes this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank u so much for supplying us with this info..I too will print this out and will put this in my newly acquired coupon pouch! Once again thank you VERY much Frugal Lisa!
    Frugal Lisa likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's despicable behaviour and no one should EVER be treated like that! Especially when it's a manager talking like that in front of someone that's supposed to look up to him and learn by him!! Wow I'm sorry, this person, no THEY should be reported and this should not be just something "let go"! I would be either calling or emailing Walmart head office and reporting this incident immediately! I've worked customer service for many years and I would NEVER think to EVER talk to a customer the way that they talked to your DH! Please please don't let this go as this probably WON'T be the first or last time this happens! You can put a stop to this horrible behaviour and possibly have this Walmart a better shopping experience the next time u shop there as those two possibly might not be there!! HOPEFULLY!! Thank u for ranting to us and letting us know about this Walmart store!
    Veronique86 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by young-one19 View Post
    Amen. I live in Ottawa too, and I'm so picky about the WalMarts. I love RCSS in Kanata for coupons the best I think.
    unfortunately im in gatineau so kanata location is too far. im liking lincoln fields and trainyards lately.
    Veronique86 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I am in total agreement. I am still in shocked at how someone would talk like this to a customer especially management.

DH contacted Walmart H.O, he is just waiting on the District Manager to call back. Expecting a call Monday, Tuesday at the latest if no call is received he will call back.

Quote Originally Posted by Molo57 View Post
    That's despicable behaviour and no one should EVER be treated like that! Especially when it's a manager talking like that in front of someone that's supposed to look up to him and learn by him!! Wow I'm sorry, this person, no THEY should be reported and this should not be just something "let go"! I would be either calling or emailing Walmart head office and reporting this incident immediately! I've worked customer service for many years and I would NEVER think to EVER talk to a customer the way that they talked to your DH! Please please don't let this go as this probably WON'T be the first or last time this happens! You can put a stop to this horrible behaviour and possibly have this Walmart a better shopping experience the next time u shop there as those two possibly might not be there!! HOPEFULLY!! Thank u for ranting to us and letting us know about this Walmart store!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have encountered problem at WM about fpc. Their policy is if it's not stated that "tax included in coupon" they will charge the customer tax.
    Last edited by Decaf; Sat, Jun 1st, 2013 at 07:14 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The walmart in smiths falls is horrible too! they never have anything in stock and the customer service is terrible.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

FPCs are iffy at Walmart because half the time, the tills do not have calculators, meaning if you have an FPC, you need to give it to the Cashier first so that they can scan it in, Total and write down the price. Otherwise, there's no way for them to properly calculate taxes into the discount.

If not that, then a separate transaction for each product so that the taxes are calculated properly.

That aside, typically at ours we do not include tax, regardless what the coupon says; however, there is that guideline going around that technically we have to. Rarely do we ever get a complaint about having to pay tax. What I find "off" about Walmart in general is that they pry on customer ignorance. Don't know the rules of SCOP? No SCOP for you, even if you're "eligible"! Don't know that legally taxes are included in FPC? Pay the tax, consumer! I don't really agree with their business ethics.

Ah, well. Training is very brief on these types of policies and stuff. In some cases, there's no training at all i.e. tax for FPCs, difference between "transaction" and "purchase," etc.
    Because of fake prints, stacking manus is no longer allowed
    But you can still stack Coupon Zone + 1x Manu, like other Maxi / Loblaw Stores
    Did You Like Our Service? Make Sure To Submit A Comment Sheet At Our Store!
    Comment Box is located beside the Coin Star Machine.
    Help Me/Us Earn an "A" For Customer Service!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information