User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Walmart has the WORST customer service EVER!!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

We have been having many problems using coupons at Walmart for quite a while now but last night, it was the last straw that breaks the camel’s back!!

Last night after work, DH went to Walmart Baseline/Clyde in Ottawa to use our 3 Vileda FPC’s that were expiring May 30th. As he got to the cash he explained to the cashier that Walmart’s policy is that the tax is included in the value of the FPC, just to make sure that it is inputted properly. He mentioned it to her 3 times and she still continued scanning and then gave him the total at the end of the transaction. At this point he figures that there’s no point of mentioning it again since she doesn’t listen or even care about what he was saying so he paid the amount and went to customer service. Customer service wasn’t aware of this policy either! She called the manager, and then he even had to explain to the manager their own coupon policy! The manager told the cashier “just give it to him and get this out of my store”. The cashier processed the correction and said “here”,-giving him the difference”, no apologies what-so-ever. He felt humiliated, and disrespected! He understands that it was only for about 1$ difference but the ethic behind this is that he shouldn’t have paid the tax for it as it is Walmart’s company policy. It was very badly managed! The whole “here” (handing the change) and “get this out of my store” was what through me and DH off the deck! We are both fed up with Walmart and if this is how they are going to treat their customers we don’t want to give them our business!

I never really rant but this one was WAY to much! Thank you for listening!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    ottawa and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I dont know their policy on fpcs.. I just wuss out and pay the tax... kudos on him for fighting the battle
    ishyx0x likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I dont know their policy on fpcs.. I just wuss out and pay the tax... kudos on him for fighting the battle
    I was always paying the tax on FPC's but since I found out that WM's policy is no tax on FPC's or BOGO have have been mentioning it. I use a few more Vileda FPC's at multiple Walmart throughout the city and I have had no problem so he was expecting a quick fix which turned out for the worst.

Trading Score
    0 (57%)

http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/guides/rst/511.html

I have this printed and keep it in my coupon book.
    We don't need to be rich, don't need to be famous just to have a good time!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugal Lisa View Post
    http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/guides/rst/511.html

I have this printed and keep it in my coupon book.
    In Quebec, I think we need to still pay the tax.
    Cocottee00 and Molo57 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Yep, vote with your feet - lots of other stores would love to have your business!
    hollyquaiscer and Veronique86 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    In Quebec, I think we need to still pay the tax.
    Yeah, there was a link about it somewhere on here when I mentioned that at the Maxi where I worked, FPCs that stated "tax included" were just rung in at shelf price. Consumer still paid the tax because it's written somewhere in the law that the consumer has to pay taxes, even on FPCs.
    Because of fake prints, stacking manus is no longer allowed
    But you can still stack Coupon Zone + 1x Manu, like other Maxi / Loblaw Stores
    Did You Like Our Service? Make Sure To Submit A Comment Sheet At Our Store!
    Comment Box is located beside the Coin Star Machine.
    Help Me/Us Earn an "A" For Customer Service!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used to work in retail service for twenty years at a major grocery retail chain. The treatment of your husband by manager and staff ( especially the manager) would be a reason to be terminated. I know it helps to rant on here but if you don't report this to Walmart Corporate(via phone call or e-mail) they don't know what's happening in their stores. It's especially important you report the attitude of the manager because his behavior enables his staff to act in a similar manner. I would never just suck it up and accept this!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by karenms View Post
    I used to work in retail service for twenty years at a major grocery retail chain. The treatment of your husband by manager and staff ( especially the manager) would be a reason to be terminated. I know it helps to rant on here but if you don't report this to Walmart Corporate(via phone call or e-mail) they don't know what's happening in their stores. It's especially important you report the attitude of the manager because his behavior enables his staff to act in a similar manner. I would never just suck it up and accept this!
    agreed ! that was so rude of them ...
    Veronique86 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I totally agree with you!!!

Like you, we both have years in customer service (management) and feel like this situation needs to be reported. Hence, DH has placed a call to Walmart H.O. (customer service department) this morning. He was told that the District Manager will contact him within the next 2 business days. If no calls are return he will definitely be placing another one!

Quote Originally Posted by karenms View Post
    karenms likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i had always been paying taxes for FPC at walmart, and I once spoke to the manager about these and he explain that taxes got to be paid by the customer and the taxes goes to the government not them. after that conversation I never use any FPCs that involve taxes at walmart anymore, I save them all up and use them at loblaws no tax days. save my time and energy to argue with the managers and cashiers and end up with no results. the only FPCs I use at walmart is the "food"ones which don't have taxes on them anyways.
    Last edited by cinpow; Fri, May 31st, 2013 at 04:01 PM.
    anastasia1009 and Veronique86 like this.

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    i had always been paying taxes for FPC at walmart, and I once spoke to the manager about these and he explain that taxes got to be paid by the customer and the taxes goes to the government not them. after that conversation I never use any FPCs that involve taxes at walmart anymore, I save them all up and use them at loblaws no tax days. save my time and energy to argue with the managers and cashiers and end up with no results. the only FPCs I use at walmart is the "food"ones which don't have taxes on them anyways.
    I do the exact same thing!

The last time I went to WalMart they argued with me saying they do not accept ANY type of manufactures coupons what-so-ever unless they are on the shelves. The cashier even said she was an extreme couponer so she knows the rules. She said any time I've used a manufacture coupon at the store I was committing fraud. I honestly laughed, couldn't believe it! CSM even came over and said the exact same thing! Luckily for me the store manager was off duty and was walking by and they asked her. She told them to go ahead and put it through. The whole thing left me with an even worse taste in my mouth about WalMart and seeing more and more stories about this kind of stuff makes me not even want to go there!
    Veronique86 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

baseline and clyde is THE worse! when zellers was closing, the one on merivale was still open. i tried to PM scrabble and some other games that they were selling for 5$, i had 5$ coupon so free. i went to csm and asked if it was alright that i PM zellers flyer because i had picked it up on merivale, she was like uhm well we were told not to because they're closed. i said o.k but that one is still open and NOT in liquidation for another month or so. she asked to see the flyer and which product i wanted. i showed her the games for 5$, she goes OMG NO! thats too good of a deal.
    i was like REALLY? u wont PM because its too good of a deal? at this point she didnt even know about the coupons, think she would have fainted lol. i would have been o.k with a simple no, we cant because most are in liquidation but this was just too funny of a reason
    i went to Lincoln fields and the csm there was like you go girl! you get as much free stuff as you want!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Once again you do not pay tax on FPC's.

I have never paid tax on FPC's and never will since the government rules have been posted on this site.

That includes Walmart and anywhere else I may choose to shop.
    panda bear and Veronique86 like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
    baseline and clyde is THE worse! when zellers was closing, the one on merivale was still open. i tried to PM scrabble and some other games that they were selling for 5$, i had 5$ coupon so free. i went to csm and asked if it was alright that i PM zellers flyer because i had picked it up on merivale, she was like uhm well we were told not to because they're closed. i said o.k but that one is still open and NOT in liquidation for another month or so. she asked to see the flyer and which product i wanted. i showed her the games for 5$, she goes OMG NO! thats too good of a deal.
    i was like REALLY? u wont PM because its too good of a deal? at this point she didnt even know about the coupons, think she would have fainted lol. i would have been o.k with a simple no, we cant because most are in liquidation but this was just too funny of a reason
    i went to Lincoln fields and the csm there was like you go girl! you get as much free stuff as you want!
    Amen. I live in Ottawa too, and I'm so picky about the WalMarts. I love RCSS in Kanata for coupons the best I think.
    ottawa, super807 and Veronique86 like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cmenard1 <- Join me on SwagBucks!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information