User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Giant Tiger Grrrrr!!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just went to our local Giant Tiger for their sale on Colgate Total, Colgate Toothbrushes and Olay soap. All are on sale for $1.00. Yay. I had four $3 wub2 coupons for Olay soap (this weeks brandsaver insert), two $1.00 coupons for ANY Colgate/Palmolive products (company direct) and one $1 coupon for Colgate toothbrush (forget from where). Anyways, I get 8 olay ($8.00 - $12 in coupons), 2 colgate total toothpaste ($2.00 - $2 in coupons) and 1 colgate toothbrush ($1 - $1.00 coupon). This should leave me with a $4.00 overage to use towards some other products I was purchasing. Their policy states that they give overages only towards the rest of your purchase. Great! I get up to the cashier and she says "woah! I have to see if we can use these coupons." I say "of course you can" and she just smirked at me and says "if the balance after coupon on the product comes to zero, then I cannot use the coupon. I informed her that their coupon policy allows for this and allows for overages towards the rest of my purchase and would she please get the manager. Her words exactly..."oh, he's on break". At that point I just picked up my coupons and told her that it was no problem and that I would be writing her head office and explaining how I was treated, how she was rude (forgot to get her name in my frustrated state) and how their customer service sucked and that I will take my business elsewhere to price match. My understanding from reading their policy is that they DO give overages towards purchase. I guess I just need to calm down and think intelligently before I start writing that letter. I ended up going to NoFrills who graciously Price Matched and gave me the $4.00 overage towards the milk I was buying. Not sure if I will ever go to GT again!
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger, Guess, No Frills, Olay
    Last edited by Steffigirl; Fri, May 31st, 2013 at 06:11 PM.
    walkonby likes this.
    PEACE. LOVE. HARMONY...AND COUPONS!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I don't know their store policy with respect to overage, however, I feel for your frustration and how rudely you were treated. I would crank out and email to head office. I had to do that with respect to being told that they don't price match, hmmm?

Good luck let us know how things work out.

Best of luck
    Steffigirl likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I went to GT in Campbellford this afternoon. I bought 10 bars of soap and a jumpsuit for my daughter. I was able to get the overage but I had to explain their coupon policy to them. It's a pretty small town and I'm not sure they get a tonne of couponers out there. In the end it worked out but it did take quite a bit of talking. Eventually they just took my word for it because they had no idea what their policy was.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Just print out a copy of their coupon policy and take it with you.... it shouldn't be up to us to teach them this.. but sometimes it seems to be that way..
    seylz_gurl and Steffigirl like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Same thing happened here and I emailed HQ and they stated yes overage but its up to the stores discretion. Any store can denied overage or except the overage policy. I had a few of those Olay coupons but I threw them in the garbage because I read on this forum that they were only used for packages of 4
    P&G everyday Canada Hi there - thanks for taking the time to ask about this!
    In general, the products that need to be purchased in order to redeem our coupons are pictured on the coupon itself.
    The Olay Bar Soap in the photo on the coupon (expiry date May 31st, 2013) is actually a package of 4. ( I know it's super small & a bit hard to see )
    Hope this info. helps! ^Gwen
    Last edited by anastasia1009; Fri, May 31st, 2013 at 07:07 PM.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    Same thing happened here and I emailed HQ and they stated yes overage but its up to the stores discretion. Any store can denied overage or except the overage policy. I had a few of those Olay coupons but I threw them in the garbage because I read on this forum that they were only used for packages of 4
    P&G everyday Canada Hi there - thanks for taking the time to ask about this!
    In general, the products that need to be purchased in order to redeem our coupons are pictured on the coupon itself.
    The Olay Bar Soap in the photo on the coupon (expiry date May 31st, 2013) is actually a package of 4. ( I know it's super small & a bit hard to see )
    Hope this info. helps! ^Gwen
    They go with whatever suits them ^^^... if the picture had a 4 pk that we could get free or with overage, and the writing said a pk of 8, they would say that the writing takes priority.
    seylz_gurl and walkonby like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used the coupon from this weeks PG Brandsaver insert. I believe it said "save $3 wub ANY 2 olay products" I don't have any left but if any of you do you can check the wording and let me know. Also, the picture looked like a single bar of soap to me. Again, I don't have any of those coupons left in order to check. Regardless, I do not agree that they should be able to pick and choose what part of the Giant Tiger policy they can or cannot use. They are a franchise and should be made to stick to the franchise policies...period. Thanks MillieH...I will definately print off their policy and bring it with me (if I ever go there again).
    walkonby and couponmamaof03 like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Steffigirl, sorry this happened to you.
    But I gotta say you picked a really good thread title.
    Giant Tiger
    and
    Grrr

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  40.6 KB

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

The GT I go to does not allow overage, and only allows one coupon per transaction. Frustrating for sure. I did notice the P&G coupons in the last two inserts all state "No cash or credit in excess of shelf price may be returned to consumer or applied to transaction".
    Cocottee00 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

MrsMer...did not notice that until you just mentioned it and I read some of the PG coupons I still have. Wow! I would have been fine getting them at shelf value...that would have been free and I love free. The cashier at GT absolutely refused the coupon totally and was very, very rude about it. As for your GT...I feel for you...that's horrible policy to only allow one coupon per transaction. Frustrating to say the least.
    walkonby and MrsMer like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Steffigirl View Post
    MrsMer...did not notice that until you just mentioned it and I read some of the PG coupons I still have. Wow! I would have been fine getting them at shelf value...that would have been free and I love free. The cashier at GT absolutely refused the coupon totally and was very, very rude about it. As for your GT...I feel for you...that's horrible policy to only allow one coupon per transaction. Frustrating to say the least.
    Yeah, I just got my P&G inserts. Ever since the 4.50$ Toothbrush+Tooth Paste stuff that's been going on recently (giving like, 1.50$ in "overage"), coupons are changing their writing so people understand that "No cash value" (written on all coupons) = "overage" prohibited. They're just making it super ultra clear because they're catching on that x company has been reimbursing y retailer for not just their product value, but the value of other company's stuff.

Awesome thread title, though.
    walkonby and Steffigirl like this.
    Because of fake prints, stacking manus is no longer allowed
    But you can still stack Coupon Zone + 1x Manu, like other Maxi / Loblaw Stores
    Did You Like Our Service? Make Sure To Submit A Comment Sheet At Our Store!
    Comment Box is located beside the Coin Star Machine.
    Help Me/Us Earn an "A" For Customer Service!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh hey I hear you -there are 2 giant tiger's in my city -one I will not frequent again they would not let me price match and use a coupon -they said one or the other-well it all depends on the store manager I hear-ugggg
    Steffigirl likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Gosh I have not been to a GT in ages! ( the only times were when we went camping in Orillia ( I think that was where ) soooo long ago now. Thanks for posting this info Steffigirl, I will avoid them now for sure.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Went to GT this morning since I got my coupon insert with the paper. I got three bars and she applied the overage from the two to the third. This is in their policy on their website.
    couponmamaof03 and Steffigirl like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm wondering what I'm missing here. I reread your original post, but it seems that she said she had to check to see if you could even use those coupons, am I correct? If that's the fact, then I don't really understand why you would get upset and leave. I understand her approach to stating she needed to check was not the best, but, we as couponers, should not get upset or angry because the cashier wants to double check the coupon policy. You should have waited until the manager came back from break if you had the time. It's easy enough for them to check.

I'm really sorry you had an issue, but getting angry and leaving the store didn't do any good for you, or the cashier who may have been new and just not sure of the policy. It's not easy being a cashier these days, people are always trying to tell them how to do their job, and I really feel that if a cashier wants to double check anything, whether it be the coupons or the policy, or even the price of items, we should not be offended, but rather thank them for taking the time to even check.

I certainly hope you may purchase the products you wanted, perhaps you could price match at Walmart, or go back to Giant Tiger when you have more time and allow the cashier if it's the same one, to check the policy, or even better, you could bring a copy of their coupon policy with you.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information