User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

After having repeatedly defended London Drugs re the new wording on the p&G coupons I am beginning to get very frustrated with my over-all couponing experiences there. I was able to stack for Dove and Fantastik triggers last Friday morning. However since that time I have had stacks for both items (and other items) refused at LD because of the wording "cannot be combined with any other offer". I have understood the restricted wording is "cannot be combined with any other COUPON offer" but according to managers at both stores that is not the case. They will not stack even the more broadly worded coupons. The London Drugs website seems to contradict what the store managers are saying and what other lLDs are doing.

My frustration is with the the fact that the rules are constantly changing,
    there is zero consistency across the chain and their website contradicts what managers are saying. Our family has spent well over $4000 in electronics,
    computers, cameras at LD in the last year. I m a loyal customer who brings
    a lot of non-coupon business to their store as well. I never thought I would
    say this but I really wish they would get their act together. I am getting to
    the point where I really am starting to not want to shop there at all anymore.
    I understand their need to play by the rules but the fact that nobody at LD
    seems to know what the rules are may start costing them customers

(and sorry...I guess that was my first SC rant)
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, London Drugs
    Last edited by DianneS; Thu, Jun 23rd, 2011 at 12:13 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    129 (100%)

I'm finding the same thing with them. I went to Guidford and they denied my Dove but took my Loreal and they have the same wording. The policy has not changed as they showed it to me. When I pointed out that the new phrase regarding the P&G change of wording was the only change recently to their policy. The manager said "well those are just examples of the the kind of wording that is out there. There are other wording that is similar that we will not take". I then went to KGH and had no problems there as the cashier was taking the policy as it's stated. She was like "if the exact wording is not restricted in our policy then I'll take them". So as long as it doesn't say coupon than she would take them. I don't want to email head office about it as they may look to change their policy again so I may just have to switch stores again.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I go to the Guildford LD all the time and there are certain cashiers that are great and take everything, and 2 in particular that like to make up their own rules. There are a few that really scrutinize every coupon, others know me so well they barely blink and just put it all through. I stacked the Dove no problem last Fri night, then on Monday they wouldn't let my friend stack them. I now make a point of only going when my favourite cashiers are working.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

The sad part is that it was the same for me at the Guildford store...they barely looked at the coupons because they knew that I was up to date on the coupon policy and didn't try to slip anything by. Last Friday evening, I stacked with Ellie (who is awesome) but she was confused about the wordings and kept some of my stacks i.e. the Dove and Fantastik to check on with Head Office. She did let me use them on Friday evening. I was advised last night that she had told staff that those coupons are not stackable and if a coupon says "cannot be combined with any other offer" then only one coupon can be accepted per product. Please let us know how you do, Tink30, next time you stack at Guildford.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I thought the policy says " any other COUPON offer" so if they are changing it we won't be able to stack much of anything anymore.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tink30 View Post
    I thought the policy says " any other COUPON offer" so if they are changing it we won't be able to stack much of anything anymore.

The policy on the London Drugs website says "any other COUPON offer" but that does not seem to be what they are now going by. I may e-mail LD to ask for clarification. Haven't decided if I want to rock the boat....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I did my first stack (huggies) at the Grandview Corners LD a few days ago. At least one of my coupons said "can't be combined with other offers". I remember noticing that.

I said to the woman working at the customer service desk that I had never stacked but I thought I had the right coupons and could she verify them for me. She was VERY nice and said that my three coupons were just fine and how glad she was to see people stacking and saving money on diapers. She went on to explain how if I had doubles of the coupons I could have applied them to the second pack and received another $4.50 off (the diapers were on sale at 2 for $20). She then took time to make sure I knew to look out for the new p&g wording that doesn't allow stacking.

All in all a great experience!

Kinda a long winded post to say it really does seem to depend on the store you visit. From what you are saying I think I'll stick to Grandview Corners!

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I just sent an email to head office (which I have done several times in the past). I very nicely said that it is frustrating for us regular coupon shoppers that the rules seem to change from day to day depending on the cashier. I can go in and stack for Dove, Sunlight etc on a Fri night, then the next day my friend uses the same stacks and is told no. I would like to shop there whenever I need to, but I find myself now only going when the cashiers that follow the policy correctly are working.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Here is the response I got from head office and I will print it out if I have any problems stacking:

Dear J.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the coupon policy.

London Drugs welcomes all comments and inquiries as it is through your feedback that we can continue to monitor our level of service.

If the coupon states "cannot be used or combined with any other coupon offer" you cannot stack. If it just states "not to be combined with any other offer" we will accept coupon stacking.

Thank you again for your email and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Kathy
    London Drugs Limited
    Customer Service Administrator
    (604) 272-7414
    1-888-991-2299

Junior Canuck ObsessiveCouponDisorder's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have the same issues. "Judy" at Guildford can't let you get through a transaction without making some derogatory comment about couponing in general. "Yvette" at KG has become the teller to avoid.

My sister sent an email to LD about the KG location and was told the exact same thing as Tink. On Wednesday night, we had no problems stacking the dove coupons - or any others. In fact, the teller that was working suggested that if we have problems in the future, we should ask the teller who is refusing the stack to please have the manager come and clarify. LD was going to specifically direct the KG manager to "school" his staff.
    I agree with DianneS that it is becoming increasingly difficult to stack in general. But knowing that LD Head Office is dealing with KG, you should give it another try. I'm not willing to give up just yet.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I also emailed HO and got the same response as Tink30. I have printed out the email I received and will be taking it with me next time I stack. I emailed HO and asked if they would address it at the store level and they responded saying the store is aware of the coupon guidelines and to ask for management if problems occur in the future. I hope that if others have problems at these stores that they will email LD so that they know it is not an isolated problem. FYI it was the Asst Mgr at KGH who told me I could not stack....hopefully that has been cleared up. I am happy to play by all the rules and will be happy when the cashiers do, too.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    28 (94%)

When the question of "cannot be combined with any other offer" occures, I usually say "offering the product for sale, is an offer" curbs those comments.
    I do however normally stack @ SOF or Pricesmart now as I can get the full point value from their rewards program. I only go to LD if needed. I find "Doug" to be the most easy going @ the KGW LD location. I do have to agree that the change in policy has confused some CS reps.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Thanks SO much ladies for clarifying this! My local LD Chwk, depending who you get will not allow you to stack the cpns that say, cannot be combined with any other offer. I would just leave the item behind and not pursue the issue as I was wondering if their policy has changed.

Thanks again!
    Looking for 5 minute fast, fun, easy surveys that you get paid in currency not in points? Check out PaidView Point
    Would you like to earn some paypal/amazon gift cards? Get points by clicking the lucky button at Superpoints or click here for 50 points now

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCCouponClipper View Post
    When the question of "cannot be combined with any other offer" occures, I usually say "offering the product for sale, is an offer" curbs those comments.
    I do however normally stack @ SOF or Pricesmart now as I can get the full point value from their rewards program. I only go to LD if needed. I find "Doug" to be the most easy going @ the KGW LD location. I do have to agree that the change in policy has confused some CS reps.
    I had been very successful in the past in discussions of the wording, however Doug insisted this last time that the coupons could not be stacked. However, it looks like the situation has been resolved....so all's well that ends well.

I wish I had been able to use the rest of my Dove stacks, but there will hopefully be another opportunity. I do stack at Save-On but find that it is sometimes more advantageous to stack at LD because they will adjust coupons down where Save-On will not.

Thread Information