User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: RCSS Deals -Just my Luck/Badluck????

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  109.3 KBTues this week I went to RCSS & everything I bought were on sale Instore or PM + used coupons ( saved > $13 w/ cpns) except baby food(8 @ $.78 ..no biggie as Iwont deny DS food for a sale etc Here are my deals:

1x 500g BD Mozzarella cheese bar(PM w/Freshco)=$3.77
    1x4 pk PC heat sensitive spoons(on sale)=$3.79
    1x500 pk cotton swabs(on sale & was last one on shelf)=$2.00
    3x 85ml Colgate Total(sale $.97 ea.)=$2.91
    1 Dove body wash(sale $2.97 - $2 cpn)=$0.97
    1 pk Venus Sensitive Disposable(sale $5.97-$3 CZ)=$2.97
    1 x Herbal Essence Shampoo & 1 x HE shampoo(sale $2.47 ea + BOGO P&G cpn)=$2.47(for both)
    2 x Dawn dish liquid(PM w/WM @ $1.96 ea - $1cpn WUB2)=$2.92
    1 Palmolive w/Oxy dish liquid(PM w/FB @ $1.99-$0.75 SC cpn)=$1.24
    2 x Lysol Power & Free($2.97 on sale -$2 WUB2)=$3.94
    1 x 4L Nestlé Water($1 on sale -$1 printable mfg cpn)=FREE

You may notice that the pkg of Glad Recycling bags has not been mentioned.This is where the question of luck comes in. It seems that each time I shop @ RCSS I encounter pricing errors & Tues was no different.Everything went smoothly until the cashier rang up the bags @ $5.99. I explained that it was signed for $4.97 so she paged clerk to verify; clerk called & told her it was $5.99.In the meantime she had to get assistance to enter one of the coupons I gave to her.The cash supervisor came to her register, resolved the cpn issue & then cashier & myself explained the problem re recycling bags..She (supv)went to check & returned saying there's no sign for $4.97...What ???? No sign???? I wasn't trying to pull a fat one & knew I wasn't dreaming..I told the cashier to finalize my purchase without the bags so I don't hold up line any further but made it known i wasn't leaving the store without getting it at the sale price.Cashier told me to resolve the issue with CS.
    I bagged my groceries & with baby in tow(seeing that I can be a doubting Thomas at times)I went to check the area myself..Supv was right...no sign indeed.I grabbed another pkg & headed to the C/S desk but passed by cashier to find out if it was a male or female who told her no sale sign was there . I was mad as DH needed to get car 4 work & this could delay me & make him late. I explained what happened & that the sign may have been taken down when the cashier called the clerk. The supv said she knew that person & he wouldn't do that.Ok fine...but someone removed it.Now it's my word against the clerk as I had no proof.I told her I would have taken a pic with my phone had I known.She explained that they have ppl who go around store & check signs etc so between the time I picked up the item & when I went to pay for it it was removed for whatever reason. She then decided to give it to me @ the sale price.I handed her my credit card & my $3 cpn(that I've been carrying around for months but could never find the product on sale & the one time it was @ WM, they were gone like the wind & 4got to get rain check).I then challenged her & said it really should be for free.She explained that they do so when they can physically prove a pricing error but since she didnt see a sign she couldn't do it.Really?????I told her I understand her point but in the 1st place it was signed incorrectly & not my fault sign was removed.She seemed unwilling do I said I'll get it at the sale price but I'll be calling the HO.She immediatelyphoned the grocery mgr & told him what happened.She was not very discreet in saying the customer wants item for free.Other ppl were there & listening & looking at me.Oh we'll! The mngr told her to give it to me for free.She didn't seem pleased & rang it up @ $0.00 & gave me item.I thanked her & she didn't even reply.Fine..if I beat you to your game , it's the store policy & she doesn't have the last word.I am 100% sure that if they have cameras in that aisle & checked it, they would see that I was telling the truth...though I got the item for free, I felt like that supv wasn't happy for me so it felt weird. Was I wrong? What would you have done? BTW DH's friend had to drop him @ work as I was late getting home.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, WIND Mobile
    Last edited by Shirnette; Fri, Jun 7th, 2013 at 06:58 AM.
    panda bear, loftywater and sdddmd like this.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I can understand the situation you encountered with DS,whenever like this occurs I will fill the survey under ths receipt.My Superstore also does same thing,thdy will give for shelf price(if there is scanning error),they will skip the word SCOP though I say to them(only one thing makes me mad at our Superstore).
    Last edited by morningrose; Fri, Jun 7th, 2013 at 08:22 AM.
    Shirnette likes this.

Trading Score
    97 (100%)

Glad you stood your ground and got your SCOP. You were absolutely right. The same thing happened to me at Walmart once. Box of granola bars scanned at wrong price and I went to customer service. They sent someone to check and he was gone for a long time, came back and said the price I paid was correct. I went back with him to the shelf were the granola bars were and saw that they had changed the price. I was shocked! I went back to customer service and fought for my SCOP and got it. It's not right for stores to change the price to avoid giving a SCOP.
    Cocottee00 and Shirnette like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I have also learned this the hard way. Now, I just pay for it for the price they claim at the till, go back to the shelf where I found it, take a picture with my phone and THEN go to CS to get my scop. Now they can't deny me. If there is a problem I will just return the item at CS, although it is pretty hard as I have the proof on my receipt and on the shelf. Good for you for standing your ground.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Horrible.
    I also just pay, then go back and take the photo. Or bring the ticket myself.... sadly, I don't trust the clerks to check for themselves.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No you weren't wrong, I like Pam's idea to take a picture with your phone.
    Shirnette likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great brag! And kudos for sticking to your guns with the SCOP. Two of my kids once worked at our local RCSS and both agree that the employees were actually instructed to remove the wrong pricing when "price checking" an item. SCOP is something they supposedly follow voluntarily, however in our experience it is like pulling teeth! They NEVER give it voluntarily here and when reminded it's usually a scene.
    panda bear likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mommato5 View Post
    . SCOP is something they supposedly follow voluntarily, however in our experience it is like pulling teeth! They NEVER give it voluntarily here and when reminded it's usually a scene.
    The worst is when you know you're right, and are made to be cheap by pointing out their policy.
    loftywater and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pamjcoupon View Post
    I have also learned this the hard way. Now, I just pay for it for the price they claim at the till, go back to the shelf where I found it, take a picture with my phone and THEN go to CS to get my scop. Now they can't deny me. If there is a problem I will just return the item at CS, although it is pretty hard as I have the proof on my receipt and on the shelf. Good for you for standing your ground.
    Point taken but if what the cashier supv told me(ppl go around store throughout the day to check signs & may add or remove them as applicable) then it doesn't matter since it was removed between the time I picked up the item & the time I got to cashier and no way for me to predict there will be a pricing error issue(otherwise I'd have taken the pic)

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

When I've had an issue with SCOP in the past and called in, left voice messages, email messages, etc., no one returns my calls or messages. I can't remember if it was the retail council or competition bureau of Canada that I was calling.

Since then, when that occurs, I pay for my purchases as normal, go back to the shelf and borrow the sign before going to customer service. Then I can show them the error and the price it rang up as with the date and time. I've never had an issue since I started doing it like that. It's also generally faster than having the cashier call someone to check, calling the manager to approve the price override, and frustrates the person in line behind you a little less.
    couponmamaof03 and Shirnette like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    When I've had an issue with SCOP in the past and called in, left voice messages, email messages, etc., no one returns my calls or messages. I can't remember if it was the retail council or competition bureau of Canada that I was calling.

Since then, when that occurs, I pay for my purchases as normal, go back to the shelf and borrow the sign before going to customer service. Then I can show them the error and the price it rang up as with the date and time. I've never had an issue since I started doing it like that. It's also generally faster than having the cashier call someone to check, calling the manager to approve the price override, and frustrates the person in line behind you a little less.
    But what if there's no sign to borrow as it could have been removed after you picked up the item but before you went to the cash register(basically nobody would know of the issue except for me & the person who removed the sign once the latter is made aware)?
    Last edited by Shirnette; Fri, Jun 7th, 2013 at 12:05 PM.
    young-one19 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Maybe that's what happened to the OP. Another customer encountered the same problem and went back to get the sign to show the cashier. Now the OP goes back and the sign is gone and now blames the person that went to check the price. The best thing to do is to either walk back with the person doing the price check or pay for your items and then go back to the display and find someone that works in the department and show them you were charged incorrectly.

Removing signs from products could get you into trouble. It's the property of the store so by you removing signage you are doing so at your own risk.

CouponNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Wow awesome brag....i need some more palmolive so I will be heading to FB this week The store should have honoured SCOP...i mean over a dollar...is it really worth it to them? That is why I don't coupon as much anymore...I got sick of being treated like I was a criminal It's sad when you are just trying to save money. It's sad that people who abuse the system ruin it for people like you & me. I mean from a store's perspective they don't want to loose money, and I used to work in retail so I know the measures people go to save money...but when it is an honest person (like you) trying to save $1 they shouldn't give you a hassle

And I just want to mention...the Superstore by my house has horrible customer service. I don't know what it is about the superstore...at Loblaws they are very friendly but the Superstore I hate shopping at !
    Last edited by ilovecoupons23; Fri, Jun 7th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
    Shirnette likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Maybe that's what happened to the OP. Another customer encountered the same problem and went back to get the sign to show the cashier. Now the OP goes back and the sign is gone and now blames the person that went to check the price. The best thing to do is to either walk back with the person doing the price check or pay for your items and then go back to the display and find someone that works in the department and show them you were charged incorrectly.

Removing signs from products could get you into trouble. It's the property of the store so by you removing signage you are doing so at your own risk.
    I had their permission as the CS manager asked me to get the sign. In my post, I did say "before", which I didn't think to do until the manager asked me to pick it up. So, I thought it would be okay from then on, but it's always best to check with your individual store.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Sat, Jun 8th, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I have had issues like this with a few stores. One of the independent grocery locations actually accused me of printing signs at home and putting them on the shelf (for a $1.69 box of cookies) just so I could get a SCOP. It was so laughable it was funny. I never touched the signs and sure s heck can't print signs like that.

I now take a picture of signs that might be questionable (ie have an older date on them or it is only one sign. That way when the sign somehow magically vanishes (happens once of about every 5 times I have had SCOP) I have proof.

Pretty sad but it definitally happens
    Shirnette likes this.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information