User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: I got a free Wilton cupcake tin with SCOP @ Canadian Tire

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Today I found a 12 pack Wilton cupcake tin that was over priced ...They really put me through my paces but I got there eventually... I just had to be calm and persistent. There were 2 identical stacks with 2 different sale prices. The sale price of $9.88 was high for me but the sale price of $4.99 sounded better. When i took the tin to the till with the pack of icing color the price came up at the $9.88 for the tin... i did a happy dance in my head and had to insist upon a price check twice the cashier was certain it was correct... the cashier found out there was a stack with the sale price of $4.99 and was going to try and charge me $4.99... i told her twice i should get scanning code of practice and she rang it in anyways... so i explained the scop to her and asked her to get some help. She got help from another lady who went and asked other staff.... LOL then she came back and said no you get $10 off the original price of $16.99... I said no it is off the lower price... I told her we could check online and confirm... then she made a phone call and i went to the spot on the counter that had the little sign saying it was up to $10 off the lowest price... that was it.. i got it for free!!! I had to ask for scop a lot and that is ok. Staff that do not know about it need to be trained in it and it is not their fault if they didn't receive the training. In the end I am very happy.
    Name:  free muffin pan.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  57.1 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just wanted to add on some SCOP info for new people...
    here is The Competition Bureau's Website detailing the code and how it works
    http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/e...eng/01262.html

Here is the Retail Council of Canada's website where they list off all of the corperations participating in SCOP
    http://www.retailcouncil.org/advocac...racy02_eng.asp

Here is the list as of June 11. 2013. This could change at any time... I would love to see Target on this list!
    Signatories to Scanner Accuracy
    CACDS Supporting Companies:
    Shoppers Drug Mart
    The Groupe Jean Coutu (NB and Ont only)
    Lawton Drug Stores
    London Drugs
    Lovell Drugs
    Pharma-save (BC and Sask)
    RCC Supporting Companies:
    Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
    The Home Depot Canada
    Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd.
    Toys r Us
    Rona
    Wal*Mart Canada Corp.
    Giant Tiger Stores Ltd.
    The North West Company
    Best Buy/Future Shop
    2 Home Hardware franchisees
    Canada Safeway Limited
    The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company of Canada Limited
    Loblaw Companies Limited
    Sobeys Inc.
    Metro Inc.
    Thrifty Foods
    Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
    Co-op Atlantic

CFIG Supporting Companies:
    Thrifty Foods
    Overwaitea Food Group
    The Harry Watson Group
    Longos Brothers Fruit Markets
    Federated Co-operatives Limited
    Poirot, wendyjane, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Awesome on the SCOP.
    Canadian Tire is a place it doesn't happen often, but glad you made it happen

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by free*is*best View Post
    Awesome on the SCOP.
    Canadian Tire is a place it doesn't happen often, but glad you made it happen
    Thank you!
    free*is*best likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Anything free is great

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenMGorecki View Post
    Anything free is great
    LOL It was awesome because this was on my need list. My niece is about to have her 29th bday in July (for real... lol 30 is coming up and it is freaking her out), anyways... she wants me to make red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing.... It can and will be a boxed mix but she wants it to be homemade. She doesn't want all kinds of big stuff... the only thing she wants is for someone to bake her some cupcakes.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

l'm sure you will enjoy baking them for her
    oscarandme likes this.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I'm always having to ask for SCOP at CT! And I always get is since I know the policy....but sometimes it most definitely is a battle!

I'm glad you got your thing for free! (ps....Wilton is great for baking!)
    cheekysaver likes this.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

fabulous freebie
    cheekysaver and oscarandme like this.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

That's wonderful, CT is a difficult place to make your stand and good for you for standing it and winning. I had an issue a few days ago about the cat treats we purchased for 34 cents and the Crispies coupon states no limitations, B2 save 1.00 and because they were 84 cents and 34 cents after coupon the cashier was saying they cannot overide the coupon (WHAT????) I wasso glad my husband was there to witness this because I tried to explain it to her politely a gazillion different ways and I said please kindly call your manager. I dtill don't know what she was talking about and well how can you argue with something you cannot understand. The manager also scrutinized the coupon then finally okayed our 56 bags...yeah 1 coupon per 2 bags..(Twilight Zone) - sometimes when things like this happen and I come home and explain to DH he looks at me and says are your sure you heard right??? I tell him- I can't explain it properly because it did not make any sense, it's crazy but this time he was there I was so glad. We walked back to our car shaking our heads going what the heck just happenend in there. So good for youfor standing your ground because when you know you are right all you can do is stand your ground till they understand that you know what you are talking about. Maybe send HQ an email to teach their team at that location. Like you mentionned maybe they weren't trained. Glad you won, thanks for sharing and have fun making your nieces cupcakes. You'll always remember when and how you got your tin.
    coupondiva and cheekysaver like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well done you...happy cupcake creating!
    cheekysaver likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My last SCOP I had to fight for as well! Shoppers I had to speak to 2 DIFFERENT supervisors to "Convince" them to take $10 off the shelf price - took 15 mins but stood my ground! Glad you did too! And yayaya for baking freebies
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    That's wonderful, CT is a difficult place to make your stand and good for you for standing it and winning. I had an issue a few days ago about the cat treats we purchased for 34 cents and the Crispies coupon states no limitations, B2 save 1.00 and because they were 84 cents and 34 cents after coupon the cashier was saying they cannot overide the coupon (WHAT????) I wasso glad my husband was there to witness this because I tried to explain it to her politely a gazillion different ways and I said please kindly call your manager. I dtill don't know what she was talking about and well how can you argue with something you cannot understand. The manager also scrutinized the coupon then finally okayed our 56 bags...yeah 1 coupon per 2 bags..(Twilight Zone) - sometimes when things like this happen and I come home and explain to DH he looks at me and says are your sure you heard right??? I tell him- I can't explain it properly because it did not make any sense, it's crazy but this time he was there I was so glad. We walked back to our car shaking our heads going what the heck just happenend in there. So good for youfor standing your ground because when you know you are right all you can do is stand your ground till they understand that you know what you are talking about. Maybe send HQ an email to teach their team at that location. Like you mentionned maybe they weren't trained. Glad you won, thanks for sharing and have fun making your nieces cupcakes. You'll always remember when and how you got your tin.
    Couponing at CT is tricky. They do not have a coupon policy and they leave it up to the individual store. As long as management isn't anti coupon you have something to work with.... If your willing to spend a few mins at the till hashing it out and working your way up the management ladder.

~~~You must have some very happy kitties with all of those treats! WTG sticking it out until the end!~~~

Trading Score
    97 (100%)

I had to fight for my last SCOP at Giant Tiger. My cashier said no, I said yes and finally another cashier went and read the sign on the door and I got the SCOP. Good for you for being persistent and getting the SCOP.
    cheekysaver likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I didn't even know the SCOP.
    cheekysaver likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information