User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mhmartel
  • 1 Post By candacesarah

Thread: LET'S RIDE!!!! Just For Newbies (50 or less fb) - Variety Train+VWT GREAT PRIZES

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Expired on: Fri, Jun 14th, 2013
    Calling all Newbies! C'mon . . .

LET'S RIDE!!!!

For Newbies Only
    Variety Train +VWT with GREAT PRIZES

Are you a newbie (trade rating of 50 or less) who would like to be riding coupon trains here on SC, but you aren't sure where to start? Or maybe you are just a bit intimidated by the trains that are out there - worried that you don't have enough good coupons to offer, for instance? Or perhaps you've been putting it off because you don't have a wishlist together? Well, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!

THE DETAILS:

This train is just for you new folks out there! With permission from dreamcatcher1962 (thankyou!) I'm conducting an easy, fun train designed to help you learn the ropes. It's one part VARIETY train, in that you will each be contributing 12 different coupons to a "pot" that gets distributed among all the riders. But it's also one part VWT (virtual wishlist train) in that you will also be sending each of your fellow riders one coupon from their wishlist.

I will take as many riders as wish to join, up to a maximum of 10.

I will be the 11th rider (so each rider will send a coupon for me) but I will not be taking coupons from the pot - though I will be putting coupons in the pot for you!

There is no minimum trade rating. Instead, you must have a trade rating of LESS THAN 50 to ride this train.

Want to ride? Here's what you need to do.

THE RULES:

1. To Join:

• Post in the thread that you want to join, and include the following sentence in your post: "I have read these rules and agree to abide by them. I acknowledge that the conductor is not responsible for late, damaged, or lost envies."
    • PM me your mailing address and your wishlist (see below)
    • Your seat is not confirmed until you have (1) posted in the thread, (2) you have pm'd me your address and your wishlist, and (3) I have reviewed and accepted your wishlist.

2. Making your wishlist:

• I encourage you to check out the Dollars and Cents thread (here) and also the threads on recent insert and web/mail coupons (here and here). This will give you a good idea of what coupons are out there at the moment.
    • Your wishlist must have at least 40 items on it. You do not have to break it up into points ("counts as 2" etc.) but you may designate up to 10 items on your list as the ones you are RRLF (the ones you are "really really looking for")
    • No FPCs or GCs can be on your wishlist for this train, though you may list call-ins. Be mindful of your fellow newbies though, and make sure you list includes at least 20 coupons that are reasonably easy to find, for someone just starting out. If I see that your wishlist is going to be too hard I will send it back to you for revision, and your seat will not be confirmed until it is revised.
    • You do not have to break your list up into sections by points ("counts as 2" etc.) but you may designate up to 10 items on your list as the ones you are RRLF (the ones you are "really really looking for")
    • At the top of your wishlist, state explictly whether you will accept secure printables, store-specific coupons, or French language coupons.
    • YOUR WISHLIST must include:

• - At least 40 items
      • - At least 20 relatively "easy" coupons. That means tearpads, inserts, websaver.ca mailouts, etc.
      • - NO expired coupons -- all coupons on your wishlist must be currently available
      • - NO wishes for super-rare and/or probably non-existent coupons, or in other words, no "unicorns"
      • - NO wishes for GC's, discount vouchers, or points (SDM optimum, etc.) The point of this train is to exchange coupons!
      • - NO FPCs
      • - It is OK to have a few call-ins, high demand and/or high value coupons on your list (like Johnson & Johnson vouchers, $5 wub 3 Danone, etc.), but please remember that this is a newbie train. Try to keep the high-value wishes to a minimum -- just the ones you are RRRLF!

• Please do not request samples. These can cost a lot to mail, and have the potential to ruin other coupons in your envie if they break open during transit.
    • MOST IMPORTANT: Check your list over before you send it to make sure all the coupons you are requesting actually exist! If your list has a bunch or expired coupons and "unicorns on it, I will send it back and you will have to revise it.

3. Preparing your envie:

Once the train is full, I will post your wishlists in this thread. I will also PM each rider with my address and the mail date. You can mail out earlier, but you must get your envie in the mail NO LATER than that date.

• What goes in your envie:

1. Boarding pass
    2. Minimum of one coupon from each of your fellow passenger's wishlists. (If you can't find a coupon for someone, one stamp = 1 missing coupon).
    3. Plus, a minimum of 10 DIFFERENT coupons for the coupon pot, to be distributed among all riders.

Boarding pass: 2 stamps OR 2 coupons from conductor's wishlist OR 1 stamp and 1 coupon

You will send each rider one exact coupon from their wishlist. You can send more than one, if you wish. But one coupon each is the minimum.

Can't find any coupons from someone's list? You can send one stamp in its place. You can also send the person a private message asking for other ideas/suggestions. However, if they agree to accept a different coupon not on their wishlist, you need to forward me the message stating this-- otherwise, I will count it as a mistake!

Clearly label your boarding pass and each coupon with who it is to and from, I recommend paper-clipping a little piece of paper to each one. You can also use post-its, but be really, really careful! The adhesive backing can lift the print off glossy coupons and cause newspaper coupons to rip.

Next, Select and send in an additional 10 coupons, meeting the following conditions.

• Each coupon must be for a DIFFERENT product - no duplicates.
    • NO expiries before July 31
    • NO printables
    • NO store-specific
    • NO coupons for anything that you wouldn't find in an average grocery store or drugstore (in other words, no coupons for clothes, restaurants, etc. Also, no coupons for weird products or brands that you would have to visit a specialty shop or health-food store to find. )
    • NO French coupons (though you may request these on your own wishlist).
    • NO coupons for babies, pets, or smellies will be allowed for the "pot." (though you may request these on your own wishlist).
    • Be considerate and generous to the other riders! Don't just offload all the crap in your binder. Send the sort of coupons that you would appreciate receiving yourself. If you aren't sure what to send, take a look at what your fellow riders are listing on their wishlists.

I will distribute the coupons sent in for the pot evenly between all the riders. To the extent this is possible, I will distribute the pot based on your wishlists.

Before you seal up your envelope, it is important that you double-check your envie to make sure you are sending appropriate coupons. Make very sure you have the right product, right expiry date, etc. the rider has requested.

4. Mailing your envie.

It is your responsibility to make sure your envie is properly addressed and sealed, and that it has sufficient postage attached. I recommend getting it weighed.

On the day you mail your envie, post in the thread that you have done so. This is mandatory!

I understand that CP can be unreliable (believe me, I do!) but if your envie gets delayed, I will not hold up the train for several days waiting for it to show up. Once most of the envies have arrived, I will post a "mail home" date in this thread; if your envie does not arrive by this date, any coupons sent for you will be distributed among the other riders, and the train will be sent home. If and when your late envie does show up, I will use your boarding pass to return it to you.

5. Prizes:

To be eligible for prizes, your envie must have no mistakes. Every rider who sends in an envie with no mistakes will receive a bonus coupon from their wishlist.
    Note: If your envie contains more than 3 mistakes, it will be returned to you and you will be dropped from the train (any coupons sent in for you will be divided among the other passengers).

Most generous to others: Surprise FPC

2nd most generous to others: Surprise Call-in

Most generous to the coupon pot: 3-dollar GC (will PM the winner with options)

2nd most generous to the coupon pot: 3 bonus wl coupons

First two envies to the door: 3 bonus wl coupons

Second two envies to the door: your choice of sheet of stickers, post it notes, or sheet of return address labels.

NO one rider can win more than 2 prizes. So in other words, if the same person winds up being most generous to others and to the pot, and one of the first envies to the door, they have to pick two of these. The other prize will then go to the next most generous rider or next fastest envie, etc.

"Most generous" will be calculated by dollar amount of the coupons contributed.

6. Receiving your Envie Home again and Leaving Feedback:

When you receive your envie home again, you need to do two things immediately:

Post in the thread that you received your envie back.

Leave feedback for the conductor (me) and each of your fellow riders. I will provide links next to each riders name to make this process easier. Once you have posted in the thread and left feedback, I will also leave you a positive feedback rating.

Sound like fun? Ready to give it a try? Then hop on board and LET'S RIDE!!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Websaver
    Last edited by mhmartel; Fri, Jun 14th, 2013 at 01:12 AM.
    dreamcatcher1962 likes this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

reserved for rider list

10. candacesarah <---pending, waiting on rules post, wish list
    11. MHMartel (conductor)
    Last edited by mhmartel; Mon, Jun 10th, 2013 at 12:27 PM.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Name:  AllAboard2_000.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  28.9 KB
    Last edited by mhmartel; Tue, Jun 11th, 2013 at 09:42 PM.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

reserved for wishlists

11. MHMartel's Wishlist

Multiples welcome except where noted, but no expiries before July 31, please.
    I can't stack so UPC does not matter (provided for reference purpose only).Expiry usually DOES matter though.
    No Printables, No French, No Store Specific

If you have a coupon for the same product, just a different amount and/or expiry, I will probably accept it, but PM me to confirm.

Any $$ off meat (including cold cuts, bacon and sausage) -- Schneider's, Marc Angelo, Maple Leaf, etc.
    ANY $$ off fresh produce (specific kinds/brands OK, must be available in ON)
    Any $$ off frozen pizza
    Any $$ off frozen chicken strips (regular supermarket brands, must be available in ON. NOT Zabiha Halal, have enough!)
    Any $$ off flatbreads, pitas, or tortillas
    Any $$ off potato chips or tortilla chips (might also be interested in other kinds of snacks, pm to ask).
    Any $$ off chocolate (hershey, lindt, cadbury, etc.)
    Any $$ off tea (Tazo, Celestial Seasonings, Tetley, Typhoo -- any kind except Stash, have enough of that one).
    Any $$ off jam or jelly
    Any $$ off balsamic vinegar (Colavita, Monari Federzoni, etc.)
    Any $$ off Tenderflake products
    Any $$ off Asian or Indian Cooking Sauces -- VH, Blue Dragon, Patak's, Sharwoods, etc.
    Any $$ off canned or frozen veggies (including beans and tomatoes)
    Any $$ off canned or frozen fruit (whole or diced fruit, please NOT Fruitsations and similar).
    Armstrong, $1 any Armstrong product, 5070715, Oct 31,2013
    Arctic Gardens, any $$ off
    Arthur's Smoothies $1 off
    Asli, $1.00 on any Asli Paneer Cheese, any UPC, exp. Nov. 30/13
    Aylmer Accents, $1 wub2 (Sept or Dec expiry)
    Black Diamond, any $$ off any Black Diamond cheese, any expiry
    Bolthouse Farms, $0.55 Bolthouse Farms Carrots, 71400419, exp. Dec. 31, 2013 (call-in)
    Bolthouse Farms $1 off Bolthouse Farms Beverage 71400410, Dec 31,2013 (call-in)
    Boursin, $1.00 off any Boursin Cheese, 1420262, exp. Nov. 30, 2013
    Bertolli, $1 off any Bertolli Olive Oil - Sept. 30, 2013
    Canada Dry Mott's, $1 any Mr&Mrs T, Rose's or Rose's Cocktail Infusions product, 22224154, Dec 31,2013
    Carnation, $2 Carnation Breakfast Essentials 4x315mL or 400g, 10036860, Jun 30,2014
    Carr's, $1 off WUB2 packages of Carr's Crackers 125g-200g, 84400812, exp. July 31 2014
    Cracker Barrell, any $$ off Cracker Barrell cheese, any expiry
    Crystal Light, $1 Crystal Light liquid drink mix, December 31 2013, 05539345
    Dempster's, $1.50 Dempster's Bagels <--RRRRRLF
    Del Monte, $1 Del Monte Perfection Glass Jar 540mL, 14502864, Oct 31,2013
    Driscolls, $1.00 any Driscoll's product. exp. Dec 31, 2013
    Dr.Oetker, any $$ off Dr.Oetker Pudding Supreme
    Earthbound Farm Organic, $1 any Eathbound Farm Organic product, 32600229, Dec 31,2013
    Eden, $0.55 any Eden food, 24102381, Mar 31,2014
    Eden, $0.55 any Eden or Sobaya Pasta, 24102383, Mar 31,2014
    El Monterey, $1 any El Monterey product, any expiry
    ET TU, $1 any ET TU Salad Kit, 62304812, Dec 31,2013 (from Old El Paso box)
    Flat Oven Bakery, $0.75 off any Flat Oven Bakery flatbread exp. Dec.31 2013<---RRRRRLF
    Hain-Celestial, 1$ off any Hain-Clestial product, any expiry <===RRRRRLF
    Healthy Choice BOGO, Dec. 31, 2013
    Hellman's, $0.75 Hellman's Mayonnaise 890mL jar or 750g Squeeze bottle, 87410566, Dec 31,2013
    Hunts Tomato Sauce, any $$ off
    Kashi, $1 off any Kashi cracker product, 71197177, exp. Jan.31, 2014
    Kraft Foods, $$ off any variety/brand of Kraft cheeses -- Sliced, shredded, cream cheese, parmesan, feta all OK!
    Kraft, $0.75 Kraft Fruit and Vegetable Dressing 414mL product, 05539547, Dec 31,2013
    Kraft, $1 Kraft NEW Peanut Butter flavours, 05539488, Dec 31,2013
    Lactantia Cream, Sept or December expiry
    McCain Superfries, $0.50 or more, any expiry
    Marc Angelo, any $$ off any of their products.
    Maple Leaf, any $$ off any of their products
    Maple Leaf Bacon Portions $2 (This is a NEW websaver via Facebook Promo)
    Naked Smoothies $1.00 EXP Dec 31st, 2013
    Nestea, $1 off any Nestea/Goodhost product, 10037137, exp. Dec.31, 2013
    Nesquik, $1 any Nesquik product wub a 4L Milk, 10036714, Nov 30,2013
    Nestle Pure Life Water 24 pk $1.00
    Nestle Family Size Bars $1.00 WUB2 EXP Dec 31st, 2013
    Old Dutch, $2 off Old Dutch Chips, August 2013 (from magazine)
    Post, $0.75 Post Shreddies 550g or 725g Cereal, 26003607, Nov 30,2013 (NOT Granola Almond crunch - LF the regular kind).
    Piller's, $0.75 any Piller's Simply Free, Dec 31,2013
    Pita Break, Save $1 on any Pita Break Product, 78602452, ex. Dec 31 2013 <--RRRRLF
    Robertson's, $1 any Robertson's Lemon Curd product, 84408219, NED
    Sabra, $1.00 off any Sabra product 227g or greater,exp. Dec. 31, 2013
    Special K Flatbread breakfast sandwiches $2 off (from summer tote promotion) <===RRLF
    Summer Fresh, $1.00 Summer Fresh Dip or Hummus product
    Summer Fresh, $1.00 Summer Fresh 300g Topped Hummus
    Sunkist, $0.50 off Sunkist Fruit Flavoured Snacks, 30504527 exp. Oct. 31, 2013
    Sunmaid Rasin Bread $ 1.00 off, exp Dec 31st, 2013
    Swanson, $1.00 Swanson Skillet Meals dinner, Dec 31, 2013
    Tostitos/Ruffles, $2 any Tositos or Ruffles Salsa/Dips 394-645mL/425-432g wub Tostitos or Ruffles Chips 23313910, July 31, 2013
    Tropicana BOGO
    Tre Stelle, $1.00 any TreStelle Feta Cheese UPC: 72005590 Exp. Nov. 30, 2013
    VH Steamers, $2 off any one, Dec. 31, 2013
    VH, $2 wub2 VH sauces, Dec. 31, 2013
    VH, $1 any one VH Korean BBQ sauce
    Last edited by mhmartel; Sun, Jun 9th, 2013 at 12:27 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hi
    I would like to join this train! I have pmd you.
    mhmartel likes this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by candacesarah View Post
    Hi
    I would like to join this train! I have pmd you.
    Great!!!! Got your pm. Don't forget to post in the thread that you have read the rules

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Don't be shy! Give it a try!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Though several people have PM'd me, so far I am not getting wishlists or address from anyone.
    If you were thinking about joining, please do so now!

If I do not get at least a few confirmed riders by this evening, I will have to assume there is just not enough interest and expire this train.

Thanks
    FOODLAND STICKERS - Mission Accomplished!!! Thank you macw1960, KelJo, and petsrfun101 for your generosity!

See how I earned $20 in Amazon gift codes this week! CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT SWAGBUCKS RIGHT NOW!!!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Last Call!
    FOODLAND STICKERS - Mission Accomplished!!! Thank you macw1960, KelJo, and petsrfun101 for your generosity!

See how I earned $20 in Amazon gift codes this week! CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT SWAGBUCKS RIGHT NOW!!!

Thread Information