User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Don't buy from dealfind

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just want to let you guys know that dealfind doesn't honor its promise. Don't buy from them. I bought a voucher for a spa. It was one of those deals that "never expires", so I had kept this one. Two months ago, I decided to use it and called the spa to schedule an appointment. They said due to problems they're having with deal find, they no longer accept their vouchers and I should get a refund. I emailed deal find but they said that because it's been over a year, they will not give me refund or even credit for the amount. They take no responsibility in the fact that they claimed "the voucher never expires"or the fact that the merchant isn't accepting their vouchers.They have problems with their merchants, but take it out on the customer. So what is a customer to do? They just keep repeating that since it's been over a year they won't give me a refund. I hope you can benefit from my experience. Don't buy from them!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    angel_2011 and vesper like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Isn't there an agency where you can report this fraud?

I've learned my lesson from my first purchase from Tiger Bin through one of the deal site (wagjag?). Advertised $80 value for a pair of real mink eyelashes, I paid like $18 and what I got isn't real mink lashes. It's synthetic low quality like dollarama and it shred / broke when I tried to remove it from the case. Needless to say I never make another purchase through any of the deal site.
    Last edited by Decaf; Mon, Jun 10th, 2013 at 03:30 PM.
    gourmetsue likes this.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I have made a couple of purchases from deal sites (mostly wagjag and groupon) and have had great success with them. I haven't purchases any items though, only hotel stays and/or vouchers for restaurants.

But there are so many people that get screwed by some of them -- so sorry it happened to you! And thanks for the warning...I've never purchased from dealfind, and probably never will now.
    vesper likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe call CTV News and try to talk to someone there or send CTV an email. This sounds "newsworthy" to me. CHCH News is also a good one to contact. Also, try and find any social media sights that they use and complain right on their home page. Public embarrassment can really work in your favour. So sorry your going through this. Shame on them.
    KAT_5998 and web3 like this.
    PEACE. LOVE. HARMONY...AND COUPONS!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just went to CTV News website and searched "Dealfind". Here is what it came up with. Some of them are quite interesting reading. I wish you much luck in trying to get a refund. Don't give up.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/search-results...137?q=Dealfind

"On Your Side" - the very last one on the first page - I remember actually watching this report on the news.
    Last edited by Steffigirl; Mon, Jun 10th, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

NR3
    Female
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got screwed by Dealfind last year.

I had ordered a tennis bracelet from them and after the 8 weeks delivery time, I still didn't receive it.
    Kept going back and forth with their CS about it till the sent an email to me saying "hurray your item has been shipped out" Waited a bit again and no shipment arrived.

Finally I emailed them back, then they said that they were having problems with the merchant and no shipments had gone out. So therefore their initial "hurray" email was a scam, probably to shut me up lol.

Then I quoted their email and demanded a refund, which I got and at that point I decided, that was my first and last deal with them.

They suck!!!
    vesper likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Steffigirl View Post
    I just went to CTV News website and searched "Dealfind". Here is what it came up with. Some of them are quite interesting reading. I wish you much luck in trying to get a refund. Don't give up.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/search-results...137?q=Dealfind

"On Your Side" - the very last one on the first page - I remember actually watching this report on the news.
    wow

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree entirely and I will never deal with them again. I bought my daughter a "genuine" amethyst necklace for her stocking last Christmas and when it arrived MONTHS later it came in a damaged plastic bag. It was nothing more than a coloured piece of glass on a fake chain. Dealfind was zero help! They sent a canned response via email and said to take it up with company I bought it from. It turned out the necklace came from China, the site was a front for this fake drop shipped crap. The exact same one was advertised on another site for less than 5 Dollars. Apparently they don't even verify a "deal" is even legit or reputable before they do business with them. Never again, and I tell everyone I know about my experience too.
    vesper likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I only stick to WagJag and Groupon now. I've purchased from DealTicker and DealFind in the past and the quality of the product is awful. As they say, you get what you pay for. The worst was the Oral-B toothbrush heads. They were clearly a knock off and the spinning part kept coming off and I almost choked twice. Total waste of money.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had the same problem with TeamBuy. I bought 2 vouchers for paintings at ArtNetwork.com (paid $250), and I waited about 9 months to use them and there was problem after problem, and they never did mail my art. And, I contacted TeamBuy and they said too bad but there was nothing they could or would do.

I have bought quite a few Groupon vouchers without a problem. I will only be buying from local businesses from now on. It definitely was a bit of a bitter lesson to learn.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This stuff is horrible! In this day and age, companies should know better! Sounds like some of them just order cheap crap from China.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for your replies. I only buy from Groupon now. I sent an email to CTV. I want to let others know with the hope that they won't have my experience.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've bought from DealFind twice and have had no issues, I guess I got lucky. First item was took about 4 weeks to arrive. It said 3-4 week delivery so that was fine. Second was an amazing deal on a hotel stay...I think I paid $129 for a package worth $500...covered our food for our stay and everything and the hotel's service was wonderful as was the hotel itself.
    I will be careful with products from now on though based on what I've read here.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Dealfind has a very poor rating from the Better Business Bureau. I went through something similar with a cleaning company. I did get credit from DealFind and after much traffic to my blog and reports to the BBB the company "Jenny Maids" went under and now has a BBB rating worse than Dealfind.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yea, I'm definitely weary of ordering things from deal sites just because of problems arising from merchants and manufacturers and such. Obviously that's not your fault as a buyer and they should be reimbursing you for it. Anyways, keep trying to get ahold of someone with it.
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information