User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: SmartCanucks Needs your help! Can you please send me a testimonial?

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

WoW where do I start...... I stumbled across SC like most people did after watching the American coupon shows, I thought to myself only poor people use coupons why do I need to stoop that low, I started reading more into Smart Canucks and the brags about cheap food and stock piling. I looked in my fridge and all I saw was what I was going to have for dinner that night, I felt like a shmuck. Right then I realized I was spending too much money on food. At first I took alot of light verbal abuse by my current friends and occasionally my wife for being a couponer but I stuck to it proudly thanks to the wonderful environment that has been created here. It took me 1 year to create my own steady stock pile and now my freezer and fridge are completely full. All I have to worry about now is to take something out of the freezer for dinner. I spend 1-3 hours on here every day and I constantly learn new ways to save money whether it be using coupons or point systems or both. Thank You everyone for keeping this a friendly and fun community, I don't know where I would be in life if it wasn't for everyone here.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where to start? Every day I look forward to log into SmartCanucks. A cup of coffee in one hand and the mouse in another and I eagerly browse the site for the latest deals, coupons, tips, events, etc.

I learned a lot and I know I belong to an extended family of savers and sharers. I am happy when I read the good news of fantastic deals, marriage, a new child, graduation, etc and I am sad when things are not so good, a loved one passed away, car broke down, a job was lost, accidents, etc.
    Like in a true family we share more than shopping, deals, flyers: we share what is important to us. That is why I love this site and I appreciate the efforts and dedication of owner(s), mods and admins to make it so wonderful.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I cannot remember who nudged me or when I was introduced to smartcanucks but I will say that I check in every day that I have computer access. I have learned of so many money saving deals, products, store loyalty programs, coupons, samples, giveaways, RAOK's. I think what initially drew me to this site was that I had 2 little ones in diapers so any savings on my highest single cost item would make a dent in our finances. I have learned so many things(how to copy and paste!! mindblowing), met new friends both locally and across Canada, how to stretch my dollar even further by using coupons or even better using coupons on sale items(I didn't think I could do this in the past) and best yet use coupons on sale items then use loyalty points to pay for it. I have learned about new products/companies featured here on SC, won a contest/raok or two and can honestly say that this is my go to site for sharing and taking part in day to day consumerism :D love it
    Kitty77, Natalka, MillieH and 1 others like this.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Oi what am I, chopped liver?
    You quoted everyone but me ~sniff sniff~

oh yeah and BUMP
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Oi what am I, chopped liver?
    You quoted everyone but me ~sniff sniff~

oh yeah and BUMP
    Mentioned you in my teeth comment

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Mentioned you in my teeth comment
    You mean you insulted me LOL
    But you quoted me now, so we're good (except I see Brits viewing the thread so that teeth comment may come back to bite you)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Since I joined this January our home has changed. Smartcanucks.ca has been a faithful friend that has been there in good times and bad, financialy, emotionaly, even spritually and it is the gift that keeps on giving. Long after you read the posts,threads you practice what you learned, you pass on your lessons and so and so on. Before SC I used to just pass the flyers to my husband and find it too overwhelming to even go through the process every week. Now he gives them to me and then he looks at them. I am aware of the coupons available, the points programs for each store (not fully yet), the price-matching rules, the benefits of waiting for a sale and use that money saved for things that we may not have had before SC. All of whichI learned here by other members sharing information. We no longer have to run out and pay full price for an item because we need it now, we have items ahead and it feels fantastic to have achieved an independance, a financial hurdle that I have always faced and throughout the whole learning curve, SC members have been willing and ready to anser any questions, encourage and enlighten when needed or just wish you happy birthday or take your attention away reality with other sub-forums. The dedication and loyalty of the site by the moderators and its members are undeniable and have yet to find another Canadian site so devoted to helping one another. I visit several times a day because there is always something new exciting and new messages from new friends and the family atmosphere is overwhelming sometimes because you litterally feel someone holding your hand from one end of the country to the other. In these times that we notice people keeping to themselves and doing their own thing, both of which I am not, I have finally found a community that loves to do what I do, to express their opinions, learn, teach, encourage, save an have fun while doing it and by doing so it starts all over again. A positive website that is a Canadian pioneer in couponing and saving but so much more. Everyone who wants to learn I refer to Smartcanucks, my husabnd as well. We are very thankful and could never express enough the appreciation and gratitude for this site. Thank you again for all you do for Canadians.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Tue, Jun 11th, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
    anisa, Kitty77, walkonby and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

where do I start -I have been with smart canucks for 4 years -I have couponed for 20 some odd years -but smart canucks took it to another level- 4 years ago someone mentioned at my job about smart canucks -first I was talking about coupons and she told me about smart canucks -first I lurcked then I joined-thank you to all the mods ,administrators and boo for this most awesome site. Not only do we share coupons we share life stories too -deaths -babies coming and I know in my time of need thius past year -smart canuckers sent me coupons I needed for my mom -tena's no question asked-didn't need to trade -everyone on here is awesome -that is why I log on everyday-last year I saved 1,876 dollarts in using coupons-this year less as I am living off my stockpile and their is only 2 of us-hats off to everyone who makes smart canucks happen to be #1 in my eyes
    anisa, Kitty77, Natalka and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

SmartCanucks and all of the wonderful people on SmartCanucks has helped me change so many aspects of my life. On SC I have learned so much more then couponing and stockpiling and how to store stockpiles. I have learned tones of ways to save money, from budgeting and customer loyalty cards to how to reduce my phone bills and lower my internet costs. I learned that my cabinets do not need no name products that I would have to stretch until the next payday. I learned that I can make ends meet on a small disability cheque and still be ok... in fact I am very ok with a small but sturdy stockpile. I learned that even on such a small budget that I can still be charitable and give back. I learned that I will never again accept less.

When people ask me why I like SmartCnucks the awnser is easy...SmartCanucks is by far the best Canadian Couponing site because it has the best content and people. I can't thank you all enough for the way you have contributed to my life.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The best couponing site ever. Seriously!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

If advertisers want to promote their products to the smartest consumers in Canada who love telling all their friends about their purchase, Smartcanucks is the perfect place. You will have a hard time finding a group of people more passionate about discovering new products, saving money and teaching others how to do the same. Advertisers on Smartcanucks will get huge exposure to people who love to spread the word-- just look at the bragging section. My husband likes being the first to try new products, and whenever I tell him about a new product that I've discovered on Smartcanucks, I find him placing it in my grocery cart that week.

My mom has been a coupon user for 40 years, and growing up, she taught me never to pay full price. But thanks to the tips and tricks I learned on Smartcanucks, the student is now the master, and I am teaching my mom a few things. The people here are friendly, funny, and caring, and bring saving to a whole other level. Last year, to convert my non-believer husband, I tracked our coupon usage. More than $3,000 in coupon/sales/price matching savings later, we used that money for a cruise. Let me tell you, if he ever complains about deal hunting again, I will remind him about sipping mojitos on a beach in the Bahamas.

Pawkeys
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

It`s the go-to site for saving money!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Within my first year of being a "Smart Canucker" I saved over $4000!

I came here looking to save money and have made some life long friends; the Smart Canucks community is welcoming and so generous!
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

SmartCanucks has been a lifeline into frugality for our family! For decades, I had always used coupons and whatever discounts I could find, but once I found the SC blog, then discovered the whole site and joined in the fall of 2008 - a whole new world opened up!

Yes, there are wonderful postings of freebies, deals, contests, survey groups, and much more - all in one place, all easy to access. Plus, if you don't find what you are looking for, there is always someone to ask!

Saving money on food and household items means that budgeting is just easier. If I get a dollar off an item, that dollar goes toward buying something else I need when I'm shopping.
    Finding out on SC when freebies or high value coupons are available right away, means we can try items, and often find we purchase them again!
    Money I get from doing surveys most often go towards items for our home - lol, usually kitchen things - most recently some ceremic bakeware and, before that, a slowcooker!

What has meant more to me and what has been MOST valuable is the community of people here on the site.

Not only are there great discussions about shopping and saving money, but lots of tips & tricks for everything from cooking to parenting.

I find the Tea Room invaluable in having saved my sanity on many occasions, since those who frequent SC are caring, understanding individuals who are willing to share and help in all matters of things.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

My Co-worker told me about this site 2 years ago, and wow what a jackpot... I was always a budget conscious person, but joining thiscommunity I have learned a lot. I’velearned how to find great deals, coupon savings, SCOP, stockpile, money savingtips and so much more as a working mom. I have never been addicted to anything in my whole life. Not even a cell phone, but I am sooooooaddicted to this website. Every day, atleast 3-4 times a day, it’s my go to website to read about deals, and justpeople showing kindness and sharing it. If you have to do another update to the website, Please do it in thebackground, DO NOT let this site go down, I will be very depress. I need my daily fix of SMARTCANUCKS.....Thank you all to the Administrators of this site, you should do a meet andgreet event one of these days.
    Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase
    WishList: Any food ; bread, cereal, waffles, nuggets, burgers, crackers, juice & Chicken or meat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information