User Tag List

Page 135 of 654 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 185 235 635 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 9802
Like Tree37292Likes

Thread: All Purpose Rant Away Thread - 3.2.1 GO!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

someone just called me a bad parent because i got my son circumcised, stating that he would hate me lol! wow. promptly told that ***** where to go.

(my son is four now. and so far im his favorite person in life.)
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Why do people say "early birds pay double" or "no early birds" for garage sales?! I once walked up to a garage sale at 8:45, where the people were putting stuff out, and they said "we're selling stuff at 9, come back then". Don't you WANT people to buy your crap?! Why would you ever turn anyone away? I could see if someone came knocking on your door before you were even outside putting things out, but if you're putting stuff out why NOT sell it?

It's the most ridiculous thing ever.
    I had a yard sale last year and had a few people come by while I was setting up and they actually ended up taking stuff while I was running in and out of the house to grab stuff( not like I cared cus I wanted it gone anyway but stealing heels from a yard sale is ridiculous) so maybe people are scared things will get taken without being paid for?
    Last year I went to a street sale and 2 of the 3 times I tried to buy something the seller tried to change the price saying they put the wrong price on it. It took you 5 hrs to notice that and then think you're going to get almost retail pricing for used clothing? I'll stick to thrift stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Had to argue with Shoppers for 15 mins to get SCOP on Ruffles because they rang in at 2.99 and 3.99 instead of 2 for 4.00. Didn't notice I was over charged till I got to the car, brought both bags back in with me with the receipt, first they tried to tell me I didn't buy 2 bags, then they told me The 3.99 was for dip and not chips and I actually owed them money cus they didn't charge me for both bags, a manager comes over and looks at the receipt and tells me new flavours are excluded from the promo. I asked him to show me where on the signs/flyers it said that then he finally agrees to refund me, I ask "shouldn't it be SCOP"and he's like "yeah I guess for one bag and we'll charge you the 2.00 for the other one." I ask if I should get SCOP on both since it's 2 different flavours, he agrees and they still managed to mess up my SCOP and charged me for one bag. I was tired of arguing and my toddler was not happy so I didn't fight it anymore but I now remember why I stopped shopping at Shoppers.

Ciel and jamesfranco like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I almost take back my comment from yesterday. Our sale started at 8, and I posted so on kijiji. A man sent me a message asking if he could come early to look at the records we had for sale, but I didn't end up replying.

So someone, who I assume HAS to be this guy, is sitting outside our house at 6:30 this morning, in his car, WAITING. Dude, really? As soon as he saw human life in the garage he was up the driveway. MY car was still in the way because we didn't want people IN THERE YET because not everything was priced or ready.

And then there are the a-holes who keep parking in front of my driveway. Plenty of damn parking, but oh no, king/queen of everything. You just park right there. If I have to get in or out of the driveway, screw that. You buying $2 worth of my crap is more worth it. No courtesy! My aunt was parked across the street for 20 minutes waiting to be able to pull in because some idiot was blocking the entire driveway. I'm going to put sawhorses out there so people can't.
    Last edited by Chantel; Sat, Apr 26th, 2014 at 12:43 PM.
    Ciel and Durham Couponer like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    someone just called me a bad parent because i got my son circumcised, stating that he would hate me lol! wow. promptly told that ***** where to go.

Even if at some point he wishes you hadn't (my boyfriend feels this way), he's not going to HATE or resent you for it. "Gee I wish you didn't do that" is probably as far as it would ever go.
    krysta lynne likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Deleted.
    Last edited by Durham Couponer; Sat, Apr 26th, 2014 at 01:42 PM.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow today is not going well. I leave my dad alone for 10 minutes outside, and he sold my 4-set of bar stools that I had priced at 4/$40 which is a great price already, for TEN DAMN DOLLARS. I'm so friggin pissed off. He's a goddamn idiot.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Even if at some point he wishes you hadn't (my boyfriend feels this way), he's not going to HATE or resent you for it. "Gee I wish you didn't do that" is probably as far as it would ever go.
    the whole thing is, her opinion was based off of some bs study that has no real basis of fact.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post

I know someone who feels that way, seems a little crazy.

Personally if I end up having a boy i"ll definitely be circumsizing him..
    I've never even met a man who wasn't ...

krysta lynne likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

drove from Toronto to home in Stoney Creek - close to 4 hrs to get home (did stop at RCSS for no tax in Oakville - stocked up on cat food which is always taxed) - stupid Gardiner Express way being closed
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Why do people say "early birds pay double" or "no early birds" for garage sales?! I once walked up to a garage sale at 8:45, where the people were putting stuff out, and they said "we're selling stuff at 9, come back then". Don't you WANT people to buy your crap?! Why would you ever turn anyone away? I could see if someone came knocking on your door before you were even outside putting things out, but if you're putting stuff out why NOT sell it?

It's the most ridiculous thing ever.
    becuase they don't want people showing up at 7am.. they arn't ready, stuff is not out (they are still unloading and unpacking and dragging things out of the house, things are till being tagged) you need to be prepared for a garage sale and if people show up early they don't allow the people to prepare for the sale and if you start selling things and helping people out you may never get that 15 minutes to finish up the set up then you might accidently sell something for significantly less then what you meant to sell it for
    Natalka, Ciel, GoJays and 1 others like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok, I have a bad story to tell.
    A young teacher in my community was murdered on Monday. Leslie Erin Dwyre was 27yr old. 30yr old Nathan Russell Mullen was charged with second-degree murder. She taught Grade 8 at Hillcrest School. I taught with her in March. He was one of the managers at Sobeys, where I shop for groceries two times a week. I'm not really sure what else to say. There are a lot of different rumours flying around our community right now. We don't yet know how she died. She was not married and did not have any children. She was originally from Ontario. I don't know what else to say right now. I will be attending church in the morning. Please pray for our community, the staff, schools, students, family, friends, and coworkers.

My husband left on a planned trip on Wednesday night and he won't be back until late Sunday night. Even though that I logically know that this man has been arrested, I don't feel overly safe right now. I'm putting off going to bed right now even though I am tired.

edit: Someone asked me a question.
    These two were known to each other. I don't know if they were dating.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Apr 27th, 2014 at 03:43 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Birthday party guests... Grrr!

We're holding DS's birthday party next weekend. I sent the invites out 3 weeks ago.

1) The majority of DH's family have not RSVP'd yet. DH's family is horrible for not rsvp'ing. I wouldn't mind if it was 1-2 adults but it's families with 2-3 kids! I need to know if you're coming to buy loot bags and food! Instead they'll show up and get pi$$ed if their kid doesn't get what all the other kids get, so I always end up buy extra and wasting money if they don't come. I usually send out a email/text a few days before the party but most don't bother to respond. They seem to think it's okay to just show up if they feel like it that day.

2) DH's best friend just texted to say they can't come because they are having their daughters birthday party on the same day. REALLY? You've had 3 weeks notice and decide to host the party on the SAME DAY? So you just ensured you can't come to our party and we can't come to yours. It's not like they have formal parties, they usually send an email/text out a few days to a week in advance. I mailed our invitation out over 3 weeks ago!

Last year the said they couldn't come because we chose to have the party the day before Mother's Day and that they were travelling out of town. This year I purposely held our party the weekend BEFORE Mother's Day so they could attend and now they host their party on the same day?

DH is hurt and annoyed. It's his BEST friend (since they were 5-6) and DH's COUSIN (DH's best friend ended up marrying DH's cousin). DH has been complaining for WEEKS that we never see them and now this. Part of me feels like it's a message... BUT they have always acted like everything is normal, the guys text back and forth all the time. Every-time we see them they comment that we don't get together often enough, so now I'm just annoyed and confused.

I'm not worried about the party, we already have 5 kids confirmed plus our 2 (and about 16 adults) so it'll be big enough and lots of fun. I'm just ranting at some people's behaviour. Just super annoyed. lol
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Birthday party guests... Grrr!

We're holding DS's birthday party next weekend. I sent the invites out 3 weeks ago.

1) The majority of DH's family have not RSVP'd yet. DH's family is horrible for not rsvp'ing. I wouldn't mind if it was 1-2 adults but it's families with 2-3 kids! I need to know if you're coming to buy loot bags and food! Instead they'll show up and get pi$$ed if their kid doesn't get what all the other kids get, so I always end up buy extra and wasting money if they don't come. I usually send out a email/text a few days before the party but most don't bother to respond. They seem to think it's okay to just show up if they feel like it that day.

2) DH's best friend just texted to say they can't come because they are having their daughters birthday party on the same day. REALLY? You've had 3 weeks notice and decide to host the party on the SAME DAY? So you just ensured you can't come to our party and we can't come to yours. It's not like they have formal parties, they usually send an email/text out a few days to a week in advance. I mailed our invitation out over 3 weeks ago!

Last year the said they couldn't come because we chose to have the party the day before Mother's Day and that they were travelling out of town. This year I purposely held our party the weekend BEFORE Mother's Day so they could attend and now they host their party on the same day?

DH is hurt and annoyed. It's his BEST friend (since they were 5-6) and DH's COUSIN (DH's best friend ended up marrying DH's cousin). DH has been complaining for WEEKS that we never see them and now this. Part of me feels like it's a message... BUT they have always acted like everything is normal, the guys text back and forth all the time. Every-time we see them they comment that we don't get together often enough, so now I'm just annoyed and confused.

I'm not worried about the party, we already have 5 kids confirmed plus our 2 (and about 16 adults) so it'll be big enough and lots of fun. I'm just ranting at some people's behaviour. Just super annoyed. lol
    I hate throwing birthday parties for that reason. RSVP seems to be a thing of the past and you spend so much money making sure you have enough food/treat bags for everyone and get stuck with a pile of left overs.
    We invited 36 people to dds first birthday in sept, everyone confirmed they'd be there and only one couple told us they couldn't stay for the BBQ/cake. So we made enough food for 33 people and only 7 people stayed to the end of the 3 hr party(majority of these people were immediate family). How hard is it to say we can't stay for dinner when the invitation clearly says there will be a BBQ and cake? Even after sending the people that stayed home with plates of burgers and cake we still ate hamburgers for almost a week.
    Hope your Ds has a fun party regardless of who shows up!

Momof3girlies and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@bargain_hunter_lola-make your plans for the guests that confirmed by deadline. Other arrivals will have to make do with what's leftover. If the adults grouse, do inform them that you had not heard from them by the deadline and you planned with the known replies in mind.
    Dress your best and have fun with the birthday girl and her guests!

Think of the SCer who posted about rogue wedding guests that did not RSVP for the occasion-one of the hosts had them hover at the back of the hall while dinner was served to the guests that did RSVP.
    Angela273 and GoJays like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information